Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 85
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @sam23 said:

@its420somewhere said:

@sam23 said:

@its420somewhere said:

@sam23 said:

@DanSummer said:

@sam23 said:

@G_G said:
    @VirMach Dear, > @VirMach said:

@dTQzBen8 said: That will not work. They will just throw this account away and create another.

It'll work to some degree. A lot of these people are sloppy in how they do things and we have every little action ever logged. We know who went where, how they went there, how many times they loaded each page, how many accounts there are per IP, how many accounts exist that are clearly throwaway accounts and so on.

Don't worry we have up to 12 months to make sure we deal with every single person that broke the terms.

@VirMach Dear, how can you treat your true loyal fans, lovers and customers as enemies??
    surely I know the bots and script fellas are so annoying, they just rob everything good and resell them to other normal customers, not gonna lie, i hate them more.
    but the thing you mentioned about multi accounts with the same IP, that's just quite regular in some countries and regions. I can even say it's very hard to avoid this kind of situation for my poor college due to the poor IDC. the IDC of my region, they don't give us an exclusive stable IP address for resident use, and the IP address switches every day, automatically. Try imagine a whole college dormitory building, like 100 people share 1 dynamic IP address, and you know what, the most "unfortunately" thing is, nearly a half in this building are your big fans. yeah, i admit i did a lot of work for this result, i have almost recommended VirMach to every friends of mine who need a personal server, but never thought that could cause a punishment for me and for all my friends in the future.
    We all love you, @VirMach nevertheless, just please think about twice and rationally before making a hurtable decision. there are already so many bots out there, but we are still human beings, right.

Best regards.
    a client and a fan.

I closed the flash sale page and stopped buying it now after I realize the policy. But I do not know this before, and I think Virmach will not trace back for multi account on one ip. Otherwise it would only be benificial for other vps providers.
    Bots is a problem, but the big problem is how can virmach be stable in both policies and sales, instead of suddenly pointing out a certain rule to say you are violating it, Especially in this lowendtalk instead of official site. I only get to know lowendtalk two or three days before, what if most people don't know?

When aiming at finding out bots, do consider how to make it friendly to real consumers.

In fact, for bots, ips, accounts are a piece of cake.

One of the bothering problem for bots is to log in the email and click the verification link before they make the order.

Also, bots will use a large amount of accounts at the same time, but for human beings, even we have hundreds of accounts, we can only operate on accounts that can be fingered out in 2 seconds at the same time.

Hope this message can help you to find the real bots? @VirMach

Do you have multiple accounts? If so, why?

Of course I have. With two or three accounts for ordering at the same time gave me higher chance to catch it~

Do you realise that what you've stated you're doing is a problem? Only 1 account per person is the rule. Gaming the sales by creating multiple accounts in an attempt to get an advantage over others is exactly what bots do and is actually the problem. Do you see that?

Sorry for this. I have stopped doing like that when I know multi-account policy.

I can't shake this gut feeling that you are responsible for at least one of the bots...

Bots can finish tens and humdreds of orders in a quit short time, and they will place orders for most cheap vps. But People doing resembles my way only choose what we want, e.g., one vps each area, to try to place the order, and one successful order is exciting.

That's exactly what a bot owner would say imo

• sam23sam23 Member
    edited December 2020

@dTQzBen8 said:

@sam23 said:

Of course I have. With two or three accounts for ordering at the same time gave me higher chance to catch it~

You don't need multiple accounts to do that. With smooth website this year I'm sure most OOS within seconds were cause by bots and scripts, most people like me will read specs and decide whether buy or not in about 10 seconds, if you catch on the spot it can be yours. Besides if you send multiple requests too quick you will be banned temporarily, which will lower your chance.

Patience, once move at a time. Don't crush the server soon™.

I have stopped. When there are no bots, human has much higher chance. When there are bots, even if one has many accounts, seems he will fail to get what he want.

• @its420somewhere said:

@sam23 said:

@its420somewhere said:

@sam23 said:

@its420somewhere said:

@sam23 said:

@DanSummer said:

@sam23 said:

@G_G said:
    @VirMach Dear, > @VirMach said:

@dTQzBen8 said: That will not work. They will just throw this account away and create another.

It'll work to some degree. A lot of these people are sloppy in how they do things and we have every little action ever logged. We know who went where, how they went there, how many times they loaded each page, how many accounts there are per IP, how many accounts exist that are clearly throwaway accounts and so on.

Don't worry we have up to 12 months to make sure we deal with every single person that broke the terms.

@VirMach Dear, how can you treat your true loyal fans, lovers and customers as enemies??
    surely I know the bots and script fellas are so annoying, they just rob everything good and resell them to other normal customers, not gonna lie, i hate them more.
    but the thing you mentioned about multi accounts with the same IP, that's just quite regular in some countries and regions. I can even say it's very hard to avoid this kind of situation for my poor college due to the poor IDC. the IDC of my region, they don't give us an exclusive stable IP address for resident use, and the IP address switches every day, automatically. Try imagine a whole college dormitory building, like 100 people share 1 dynamic IP address, and you know what, the most "unfortunately" thing is, nearly a half in this building are your big fans. yeah, i admit i did a lot of work for this result, i have almost recommended VirMach to every friends of mine who need a personal server, but never thought that could cause a punishment for me and for all my friends in the future.
    We all love you, @VirMach nevertheless, just please think about twice and rationally before making a hurtable decision. there are already so many bots out there, but we are still human beings, right.

Best regards.
    a client and a fan.

I closed the flash sale page and stopped buying it now after I realize the policy. But I do not know this before, and I think Virmach will not trace back for multi account on one ip. Otherwise it would only be benificial for other vps providers.
    Bots is a problem, but the big problem is how can virmach be stable in both policies and sales, instead of suddenly pointing out a certain rule to say you are violating it, Especially in this lowendtalk instead of official site. I only get to know lowendtalk two or three days before, what if most people don't know?

When aiming at finding out bots, do consider how to make it friendly to real consumers.

In fact, for bots, ips, accounts are a piece of cake.

One of the bothering problem for bots is to log in the email and click the verification link before they make the order.

Also, bots will use a large amount of accounts at the same time, but for human beings, even we have hundreds of accounts, we can only operate on accounts that can be fingered out in 2 seconds at the same time.

Hope this message can help you to find the real bots? @VirMach

Do you have multiple accounts? If so, why?

Do you realise that what you've stated you're doing is a problem? Only 1 account per person is the rule. Gaming the sales by creating multiple accounts in an attempt to get an advantage over others is exactly what bots do and is actually the problem. Do you see that?

Sorry for this. I have stopped doing like that when I know multi-account policy.

I can't shake this gut feeling that you are responsible for at least one of the bots...

Bots can finish tens and humdreds of orders in a quit short time, and they will place orders for most cheap vps. But People doing resembles my way only choose what we want, e.g., one vps each area, to try to place the order, and one successful order is exciting.

That's exactly what a bot owner would say imo

I will learn how to make bots when I am free.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I wouldn’t spend my free time creating/making bots to spend my money 😂

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I think sam23 is getting lost in translation.

Bots BAD. Do NOT do it.
    Multiple accounts BAD. Do NOT do it.

Selling drugs to kids BAD. Do NOT do it.

Trying to justify any of those BAD. Do NOT do it. :neutral:

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • sam23sam23 Member
    edited December 2020

@thedp said:

Learning new things is interesting. I think I am just too excited with this sale, and I should not spent much time on this. Now I realized this and going to do other things.
    Indeed I may only just put the vps there, and do nothing after I tested the performance. My vps neighbors will be happy.

• Never seen a 'paid' service/provider/page where you can have multiply accounts and this seems totally "normal" to you @sam23. Can you specify why do you think it's normal and what other services/providers you use? ^.-

• @thedp said:

I'm going to remake a flash sale page and set up random no brainer deals every single minute for myself, so I can enjoy adrenaline by clicking and adding cart empty (and 524).

Thanked by 2yoursunny FrankZ
  • @dTQzBen8 said: random no brainer deals every single minute for myself

every single minute?
    VirMach captcha says hello.

• sam23sam23 Member
    edited December 2020

@ZA_capetown said:
    I think sam23 is getting lost in translation.

Bots BAD. Do NOT do it.

This is clear. :o :p :D

• @JabJab said:

@dTQzBen8 said: random no brainer deals every single minute for myself

every single minute?
    VirMach captcha says hello.

This will be a fake one which will link a static page instead of actual Virmach website. Just for fun and meme.
    Hard mode: put myself into another side of earth (by VPN) and start a 64 thread concurrent bots on that server, now BEAT BOTS AND GET THAT INSANE DEAL!

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • dTQzBen8dTQzBen8 Member
    edited December 2020

@ZA_capetown said:
    Bots BAD. Do NOT do it.

<10GB disk BAD. Do NOT do it.
    <1GB RAM BAD. Do NOT do it.
    <500GB BW BAD. Do NOT do it.
    $8.88 deal NOT BAD. JUST DO IT. :D

Thanked by 1Unicom
  • @codydoby said: You know Google will definely not ban people by IP...

Google just slips millions of recaptchas for every action if the IP is from their black or gray list. Once my ISP slipped me such a defective IP and I almost went crazy.

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@sam23 said:

You don't need multiple accounts to do that. With smooth website this year I'm sure most OOS within seconds were cause by bots and scripts, most people like me will read specs and decide whether buy or not in about 10 seconds, if you catch on the spot it can be yours. Besides if you send multiple requests too quick you will be banned temporarily, which will lower your chance.

Patience, once move at a time. Don't crush the server soon™.

I would buy one of those cheap, low-end VPS that look like a big discount and then run a test and idle..

It makes me happy, and beyond that I don't know what else.

• Google login services are down (or even more than login), but everything Google related is dead!

@VirMach this is time for a no brainer deal to break internet even more!

Thanked by 1derekyang
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@thedp said:

How to judge @FAT32 spending time creating the https://virmach.fat32.top bot to spend their money?

• It's a bot as in it accesses the flash sales page automatically.
    • It's spending their money as there's no affiliate link and server resources aren't free.
    • It's spending everyone else's money too.

@sam23 said:

You should have known this before creating your first account.

@dTQzBen8 said:

@ZA_capetown said:
    Bots BAD. Do NOT do it.

<10GB disk BAD. Do NOT do it.
    <1GB RAM BAD. Do NOT do it.
    <500GB BW BAD. Do NOT do it.
    $8.88 deal NOT BAD. JUST DO IT. :D

$8.88 and $999 are the only ones I bought this week. One for the value, the other for the giggles.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • UnicomUnicom Member
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said: $8.88 and $999 are the only ones I bought this week. One for the value, the other for the giggles.

BottyMcBotface-VM? Much giggles :D :p B)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Ok I was refunded today $1.

• @FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

My heart skipped a beat thought it is an easter egg.

has anyone seen Easter eggs this year?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Unicom said:
    has anyone seen Easter eggs this year?

If you asked this question, that means you haven't really searched for it.

• @samm said:
    Ok I was refunded today $1.

• @FAT32 said: If you asked this question, that means you haven't really searched for it.

I've been looking, but maybe I'm not lucky enough

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Unicom said:
    I've been looking, but maybe I'm not lucky enough

Well VirMach just commented few hours ago that he is busy and need to finish up the tickets first before preparing for the eggs. I believe you must have seen this comment while looking for it?

Thanked by 2Unicom xvm
  • @FAT32 said: I believe you must have seen this comment while looking for it?

Yes. thx

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@yoursunny said:

@thedp said:

How to judge @FAT32 spending time creating the https://virmach.fat32.top bot to spend their money?

• It's spending their money as there's no affiliate link and server resources aren't free.

From my point of view, that’s a different situation/cause as he’s doing it for the community, which is then beneficial for VirMach and also community members.

Also, my take on this whole bot making thingy was on a personal level where if I could do it, I would only do it for the community and not for myself.

• So how far is @VirMach from the end of their support queue long list ^^?
    Still waiting to be able to set my VPS using SolusVM panel (currently can't set boot order, iso mount, etc.): ticket stuck since 4 days #802988 with all details (troubleshoot, screenshots, etc).

Thanks a lot and good luck :).

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited December 2020

@thedp said:

@yoursunny said:

@thedp said:

From my point of view, that’s a different situation/cause as he’s doing it for the community, which is then beneficial for VirMach and also community members.

Also, my take on this whole bot making thingy was on a personal level where if I could do it, I would only do it for the community and not for myself.

Think it is good bot. But even though the bad bot is bad for normal client (make them cannot get what they want from the hand of fast enough bot), the bad bot is still good to @VirMach.

• There are no good bots! Bot is always bad, API is good! ;)

• @VirMach When do you plan to activate orders that have been pending and view tickets?

• @VirMach same question... mine is Active.. but why can not connect to internet...all config seems correct