Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 82
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @VirMach said: What do you consider high storage?

Any plans on deals with HDD storage, say around 300 GB?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

Nice.

$5.2/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1024MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1500GB BANDWIDTH
    CHICAGO, IL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Guess who was too slow because posting here? =)

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@JabJab said: Nice [...] Guess who was too slow because posting here?

You're not alone, this one didn't last long. :)

• Guess who was too slow even without posting here?

• Yup, also too slow to get that $5.20.
    Got through all the stages and 2 sets of captchas and thought it was in the bag (cart), but then ended with an empty cart. :neutral:

But I was lucky enough to get 2 great cheap deals earlier today. :smiley:

• @yoursunny said:

@sam23 said:

@TheWizard said: You're joking right? How many brothers/sisters/aunts/uncles/nephews all crammed in same wifi coverage area is that??

Use computer and mobile phone, the sametime.

Place all orders over cellular.

If server accepts IPv6: redial LTE after each order to change IP.

If server wants IPv4: thousands of devices are sharing the same carrier IP and you can't block that.

"Redial LTE" to get new IPv6? Dafuq you getting on with?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

If server wants IPv4: thousands of devices are sharing the same carrier IP and you can't block that.

1. Connect to LTE.
    2. Check own IPv6 address on https://bgp.he.net
    3. Turn off cellular radio, and turn on again. This reconnects LTE.
    4. Check own IPv6 address again <= it'll be different.

Tested on Verizon Wireless USA network.

• @sam23 said:

@VirMach said:

@sam23 said:

@VirMach said:

@sam23 said:

@TheWizard said: So that's probably "just" 3 of you, both using 1 account on mobile and 2 accounts

I feel okay now, since human behavior is much far away from bots, because bots are very fast at every nice deal, working all the time. Bots can have hundreds of accounts in a short time.
    Also, the accounts sold will have different logging ips. These are all different with my accounts. I also decided to use only one sub-account to manage the vps.

Hope @VirMach can notice the quit different behavior of bots and human, instead of focusing on ips and accounts.

If you're breaking our multi-account ToS then you're breaking our multi-account ToS, regardless of being a bot or not.

Can you help merge the accounts? Thank you. @VirMach

It would take up too much support time and you're most likely on limited support packages. You could start a transfer from each account to one of them but those are billable. No good way to proceed at this point.

Thank you. This will benefit both consumers and Virmach.
    Not everyone read carefully and knows the ToS. Also, I think most will have more than one account, and Virmach seems acquiesce this before? (I am not sure, I am new here)

Wtf? No. That is just silly. One might have an account for personal use and one for business use, but the company name on one account and no company account on the other would clearly indicate that. Otherwise, no, it's just outright wrong to have more than one account.

Maybe several days after you processed most of the tickets, tell us the way and the billing to do this is better?

Offer them a flat $50 one time fee to migrate them. You're causing a support drain and you broke ToS. You should be jumping through hoops to not get cancelled, not hassling them more.

• @yoursunny said:

@TimboJones said:

@yoursunny said:

1. Connect to LTE.
    2. Check own IPv6 address on https://bgp.he.net
    3. Turn off cellular radio, and turn on again. This reconnects LTE.
    4. Check own IPv6 address again <= it'll be different.

Tested on Verizon Wireless USA network.

Oh, you meant "re-register", not "redial".

• @ddhhz said:

@dfroe said:
    I guess some of us simply want more (stock) of these great offers (not more discount). :) The $6 offer in Piscataway was awesome. But some of us who don't keep F5'ing all day long may just see an "out of stock" error after noticing it, handling all the captchas and logins until final order confirmation. :)
    Maybe you can convince your bot to throw in this deal a second time, @VirMach? ;)

Save the F5~ Just turn on notifications (see signature).

If you don't reopen/activate the tab, it stops notifying after a deal or two. I keep forgetting and 4 hours will go by...

• There was a decent storage deal, for those asking. ;)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    There was a decent storage deal, for those asking. ;)

Just missed that one. This will be fine because I already own Dallas 70GB one.

• @TimboJones said:

If you don't reopen/activate the tab, it stops notifying after a deal or two. I keep forgetting and 4 hours will go by...

It really depends on browser. You can try the telegram channel too 😃

• $6.6/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    512MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Useful :)

• @VirMach any chance for a big boy this flash sales? I am looking at 8 core,16gb ram and decent storage.

• kaireekairee Member
    edited December 2020

Please check ticket #936778, the order was made on 12-07, your staff approved it and I paid the bill on 12-09. But the the service is still pending now.

@VirMach

• Jesus Bobezus... I move that everyone who posts a ticket number in this thread gets their ticket deleted or at the very least bumped to the bottom of the queue.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kairee said:
    Please check ticket #936778, the order was made on 12-07, your staff approved it and I paid the bill on 12-09. But the the service is still pending now.

@VirMach

Please include push-ups when you post the ticket number, so that the ticket system that is designed to display tickets will display the ticket without delays.

• @VirMach i have already paid for the order by Alipay, but it has been canceled, and i can not access to my vps, i have opened a ticket but no one answered, can you hlep me ? my order ID:Invoice - 01138077 Ticket #993611

• @Daniel15 said:

@VirMach said: What do you consider high storage?

Any plans on deals with HDD storage, say around 300 GB?

I would buy in Dallas. But 1TB is better.

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited December 2020

@Virmach Ticket #387897

I have been waiting for a long time, until now there is no boot, which has been many days of waiting.

But you say he has no issue, but I've been waiting for 4-5 days and it hasn't booted, is this really no issue?

I can understand that you are very busy, but I think it is necessary to check the issue.

And now my ticket is closed and I can't reply. ,

VNC can't connect either(by VNC Viewr Windows Client).

VNC => 107.174.128.2:6767

I tried 6768 and 6766 ports are Connectable, only 6767 ports are not.

111.png

• @VirMach
    Hello there,
    My service has been pending for a week :( ,

I haven't sent a ticket but still want to ask a question: When does the server's one-year lease start? Does it start when the bill is paid ?or when the server is activated?

thanks

• @mcgree Did you try to reinstall ? With only 384MB of RAM, desktop image would not work.

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said:
    @mcgree Did you try to reinstall ? With only 384MB of RAM, desktop image would not work.

I have reinstalled Debian 9/10, and I have booted successfully on a 256MB machine with no desktop.

I have more than 10 services, some with less RAM, that can be started on the same os.

222.png

• tuctuc Member
    edited December 2020

@mcgree said: I have been waiting for a long time, until now there is no boot, which has been many days of waiting.

Same here, waiting for more than 10 days with no solution :\
    If you have some other vps then setup your own novnc, connect to their vnc server to set your vps up.

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited December 2020

@tuc said:

@mcgree said: I have been waiting for a long time, until now there is no boot, which has been many days of waiting.

Same here, waiting for more than 10 days with no solution :\
    If you have some other vps then setup your own novnc, connect to their vnc server to set your vps up.

The problem is that VNC can't connect either, I submitted a ticket and they think there is no problem, I don't think a system that won't start for a few days after reinstallation is no problem.

• @mcgree said: The problem is that VNC can't connect either, I submitted a ticket and they think there is no problem, I don't think a system that won't start for a few days after reinstallation is a sign of no problem.

Did you try more than once ? (Preferably separate by some time, like 1 hours)
    Did you change anything in SolusVM like driver ?

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said:

@mcgree said: The problem is that VNC can't connect either, I submitted a ticket and they think there is no problem, I don't think a system that won't start for a few days after reinstallation is a sign of no problem.

Did you try more than once ? (Preferably separate by some time, like 1 hours)
    Did you change anything in SolusVM like driver ?

The first time I waited half an hour, the second time I waited an afternoon, the third time I waited a day, and the last time I waited 4 days, all without success.

I also tried to click on boot, but it didn't work.

All my other VPS can be installed successfully onetime.

Nothing has been modified,

• @mcgree said: The problem is that VNC can't connect either

Their VNC server works just fine (telnet 107.174.128.2 6767). They only have problem with their VNC viewer which won't be fixed soon. I therefore setup my own novnc to do that.
    @VirMach Could you please check your Debian 10 ISO that I cannot install from while Debian 9 works well.

• @mcgree said:
    @Virmach Ticket #387897

I have been waiting for a long time, until now there is no boot, which has been many days of waiting.

But you say he has no issue, but I've been waiting for 4-5 days and it hasn't booted, is this really no issue?

I can understand that you are very busy, but I think it is necessary to check the issue.

And now my ticket is closed and I can't reply. ,

VNC can't connect either(by VNC Viewr Windows Client).

VNC => 107.174.128.2:6767

I tried 6768 and 6766 ports are Connectable, only 6767 ports are not.

111.png

Me too.