Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 90
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @VirMach what happens to old, inactive accounts?
    Do they get purged?
    I don't remember my account details which I haven't used in few years.

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited December 2020

@o_be_one said:

@VirMach said: If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

So it's legitimate to create a priority ticket if i can't change boot order (like forcing cdrom only) nor can't mount netboot.xyz from SolusVM panel? My actual mid priority ticket is 5 days old now :( #802988

If you need to boot netboot.xyz, there is a tutorial on how to use "ipxe" on KVM VPS.

I have been using the ipxe to boot netboot.xyz to reinstall my Operating system without mounting any ISO.

As long as you can trigger a reboot, you should be able to quickly interrupt the boot process on vnc console and run DHCP before loading the iPXE image for netboot.xyz over the internet.

You can do a search in lowendtalk, there is a guide on this.

Update:
    How to boot netboot.xyz using gPXE on KVM VPS:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161527/install-any-iso-on-kvm-when-host-does-not-support-remote-or-custom-isos

1. Power-On server
    2. Attach to VNC
    3. Hit CTRL-B at gPXE BIOS prompt for command line
    4. Enter:
      dhcp net0
      kernel http://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.kpxe
      boot
  • IIRC the netboot.xyz boot menu gives around 240 seconds to make a selection before defaulting to the hard drive.

• @artms said:

@VirMach said:

@esteemedwashout said: @VirMach When do you plan to activate orders that have been pending and view tickets?

@artms said: @VirMach same question... mine is Active.. but why can not connect to internet...all config seems correct

We have been, and the majority of orders are activated.

If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

(edit) The above is for if you have an "active" service, do not do it for payment issues or pending.

I think I'm a pro who at least knows how to config the network correctly in Linux...
    After re-installed, almost all of your Os provided and clicked even manually re-config for each of them. And 2 days of waiting for support.. I created a priority ticket for help.
    Hope this is not an issue as you recognized necessary to bill.

So you set the static IP in the OS over VNC or you're relying on the panel to set it for you?

In other words, just fix it over VNC yourself.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@guyz92 said: As long as you can trigger a reboot, you should be able to quickly interrupt the boot process on vnc console and run DHCP before loading the iPXE image for netboot.xyz over the internet.

You can do a search in lowendtalk, there is a guide on this.

A guide wouldn't be very long :smiley: Reboot the VPS, mash the button to open the boot menu (escape, I think), select iPXE, wait for it to load, press Ctrl+B, then enter:

dhcp
    chain --autofree https://boot.netboot.xyz

Their docs are here: https://netboot.xyz/booting/ipxe/

Some providers have ridiculously old SeaBIOS/iPXE that don't handle it properly, but it should work fine with most.

Thanked by 2Edmond Chronic
  • nerdvmnerdvm Member
    edited December 2020

@AlwaysSkint said:

@nerdvm said: it is useless to reinstall the system

Who in their right mind would choose to install C6, at this point? :s
    Install from ISO, not using the Reinstall option.

I tried it, but it still shows offline and can’t Boot

• @VirMach Sorry to bother, but my ticket #181021 is about an urgent matter of my registered email. I have waited for almost a week. Could you please give priority to it ?

• I have paid this invoice#01138407 via Alipay, and order number is 2020121022001322741451289667,I want refund,plz check it manuly.

• @Pssw0rd said:
    I have paid this invoice#01138407 via Alipay, and order number is 2020121022001322741451289667,I want refund,plz check it manuly.

Useless. This is a scammer going to deadpool soon.

5 invoices paid and never a reply in 2 weeks. Now they can enjoy bank chargeback. Arriving soon.

• @davidcrystal said:

@Pssw0rd said:
    I have paid this invoice#01138407 via Alipay, and order number is 2020121022001322741451289667,I want refund,plz check it manuly.

5 invoices paid and never a reply in 2 weeks. Now they can enjoy bank chargeback. Arriving soon.

Guess you're one of those bots

• @VirMach said:

@J0rmo said: My TK is shown in a special queue ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

That most likely means you shouldn't have created the ticket in the first place in 90% of the cases, otherwise, it might mean we're waiting on Alipay or something else.

Ticket ID so I can confirm?

Thanks for reply !!!

But Ticket #281075 have been closed after Invoice #1133951 refunded.

Maybe someone misunderstood my request, I want to activate the service instead of refund.

Is there any chance to retrieve my VPS by repaying ?> @VirMach said:

@J0rmo said: Thanks for reply !!!

But Ticket #281075 have been closed after Invoice #1133951 refunded.

Maybe someone misunderstood my request, I want to activate the service instead of refund.

Is there any chance to retrieve my VPS by repaying ?

Hi, this was this case:

That most likely means you shouldn't have created the ticket in the first place in 90% of the cases

These were refunded because your account is glitched and it couldn't be processed, it's due to however you signed up and WHMCS having issues with it on the new version.

In any case, once we got to your ticket we would have cancelled/refunded it anyway since you're opening a ticket for a situation where you should not open a ticket. It's easier for us to just cancel/refund these than deal with that kind of customer at this time, especially on the cheaper specials where it's already not worth it unless you make tickets in absolutely necessary cases.

A little regret, thanks ~~

• Moar deals plzkthx

• @its420somewhere said: Moar deals plzkthx

Not for non-English speakers!

Thanked by 1its420somewhere
  • edited December 2020

It's seems that Virmach is our cheapest provider for VPS Futures B) B) B)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@its420somewhere said: Moar deals plzkthx

Not for non-English speakers!

You know what, the more I think about this, you might actually be onto something there.... ;)

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Hi, please check Invoice #1137839. I have completed the payment, but it still shows cancelled. The detailed information is in Ticket #718781, please help me solve this problem as soon as possible. Thank you.@VirMach

• Keep the ticket numbers flowing!!!

• Don't we get double bandwidth for posting ticket numbers?

Thanked by 2saibal yoursunny
  • @randomq said:
    Don't we get double bandwidth for posting ticket numbers?

Double price

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@randomq said:
    Don't we get double bandwidth for posting ticket numbers?

Post ticket number => double bandwidth

@brueggus said:

@randomq said:
    @brueggus can we all still get the FREE RAM UPGRADE by PMing you? I think deadline was today or tomorrow?

Yes, but you'll need to include a video of yourself doing push-ups.

1 push-up = 10 MB RAM upgrade.

Please also include your IP address and your root password.

PM @brueggus => RAM upgrade

@tridinebandim said:

@yoursunny said: Can I get a CPU upgrade too?

twerk paid

Twerk => CPU upgrade

• @DanSummer said:

@davidcrystal said:

@Pssw0rd said:

Guess you're one of those bots

not bots,just network issue.

• @yoursunny said:
    Post ticket number => double bandwidth
    PM @brueggus => RAM upgrade
    Twerk => CPU upgrade

What can we do to get our $16 deals discounted to $15?

• @scorcher9 said: What can we do to get our $16 deals discounted to $15?

Pushups always work. Don't forget to post your public IP for @brueggus to double your bandwidth and RAM.

• I bought a VPS with "Windows Available" in flash sale. There is no ISO from where I can install Windows . Do I need to to create a support ticket to install Windows ??
    @VirMach

• @saibal said: Don't forget to post your public IP

Double bandwidth consumption for sure.

Thanked by 2brueggus saibal
  • FYI people, I didn't open any ticket, but my $4.95 deal from Dec 12 is now active! So it looks like they are still catching up. No need to keep bugging them unless your whole node is down.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @bayarea15 said: I didn't open any ticket, but my $4.95 deal from Dec 12 is now active!

Good things happen in December to people who are good patient.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • bakagetabakageta Member
    edited December 2020

@bayarea15 said:
    FYI people, I didn't open any ticket, but my $4.95 deal from Dec 12 is now active! So it looks like they are still catching up. No need to keep bugging them unless your whole node is down.

Yeah, I had a 4.95 stuck on pending from the 8th that just went active last night, it was the only one of my 4 this year that didn't go through in an hour or two. If you've still got something pending just hang in there, they always sort these outliers out.

• @bayarea15 said:

FYI people, I didn't open any ticket, but my $4.95 deal from Dec 12 is now active! So it looks like they are still catching up. No need to keep bugging them unless your whole node is down.

Dont know why, both two I grab this year are activated immediately. But I dont have time to do anything on them yet.

Thanked by 2lovelyserver Mxl