Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 89
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@mcgree said:
    When will the cyber week end?

Cyber week has ended already. Now is Virmach(TM) week.

sleep now!

• @RecD said:
    Absolutely VirMach hasn't announced the game's over.
    Everybody ALARM
    There are going to have a monster with $8, or even less than $5!!!
    Keep your browsers foreground and drink coffee to have your mind clear because you will have to pass the CF verification when trying to order that last one.

Twelve days of Christmas B) B) B)

• @Unicom said:
    @VirMach What's going on with GERKVM6? The service cannot be managed because it is offline.

me too
    Node Name:GERKVM6
    Frankfurt

• @Murata_Chink_Best said:

@notarobo said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Is the Flash-sale over?
    It seems that I have to purchase SAN JOSE 8.0$(64% OFF) from other reseller.

go ahead and try

I bought it from a Virmach account reseller for 12$

Why not wait another $12 deal for better specs?

• @dTQzBen8 said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:

@notarobo said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said:
    Is the Flash-sale over?
    It seems that I have to purchase SAN JOSE 8.0$(64% OFF) from other reseller.

go ahead and try

I bought it from a Virmach account reseller for 12$

Why not wait another $12 deal for better specs?

1. Good San Jose FS-offers are extremely rare.
    2. I don't think I'm competitive with those script bots.
  • @Murata_Chink_Best said: I don't think I'm competitive with those script bots.

Therefore, you decided to finance them.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @Murata_Chink_Best said: I don't think I'm competitive with those script bots.

(As discussed earlier) This kind of behavior encourages bot-makers though... So there's a self-harming aspect in buying an account from them...

First world countries may not know of this kind of a problem, but this somewhat reminds me of [forced] child beggars... You're asked not to give them any money, because it only helps their "handlers" who are forcing them to be beggars... The idea is that, if nobody gives them money, forcing children would cease to be a profitable "business", and therefore end the exploitation... Not everyone gets the message of course...

• @TheWizard said:

@Murata_Chink_Best said: I don't think I'm competitive with those script bots.

(As discussed earlier) This kind of behavior encourages bot-makers though... So there's a self-harming aspect in buying an account from them...

First world countries may not know of this kind of a problem, but this somewhat reminds me of [forced] child beggars... You're asked not to give them any money, because it only helps their "handlers" who are forcing them to be beggars... The idea is that, if nobody gives them money, forcing children would cease to be a profitable "business", and therefore end the exploitation... Not everyone gets the message of course...

less deal, less harm; no sales, no kill.

• It is not necessarily a bot that is faster than you, but it can also be a skilled human. :p

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

@zrj766 said:

@VirMach said:

@tenpera said: @VirMach so I guess you have problem with LA KVM node?

Which node?

The LAKVM27 node has been down for more than 7 hours

We have a network page up now. We've been dropping the ball here on creating status pages. We were waiting on the DC for this one and the person who was handling it on our end forgot to make a status page.

Any chance that LAKVM3 will ever come back to life? Or just get mentioned in the status page? :)

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ahnlak said: Any chance that LAKVM3 will ever come back to life? Or just get mentioned in the status page?

Sorry, I noticed it when it went down but then caught up with getting it fixed and finding a suitable candidate for migration, lagging behind on the status update.

• @ddhhz said:

@FZhang said:
    last 150+ deals all w/o windows. oh well

Windows has been disabled see: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3178886#Comment_3178886

Thanks! missed that comment.

• @VirMach said:

@J0rmo said: My TK is shown in a special queue ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

That most likely means you shouldn't have created the ticket in the first place in 90% of the cases, otherwise, it might mean we're waiting on Alipay or something else.

Ticket ID so I can confirm?

Thanks for reply !!!

But Ticket #281075 have been closed after Invoice #1133951 refunded.

Maybe someone misunderstood my request, I want to activate the service instead of refund.

Is there any chance to retrieve my VPS by repaying ?

• @VirMach said:

@ahnlak said: Any chance that LAKVM3 will ever come back to life? Or just get mentioned in the status page?

Sorry, I noticed it when it went down but then caught up with getting it fixed and finding a suitable candidate for migration, lagging behind on the status update.

Ever play with shared/distributed storage and n+1 clustering with automated migration/fail over? As a sysadmin I started getting a lot more sleep once adopting those (via vsphere at the time). Does anyone on the low end do that? Like with ceph?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@J0rmo said: Thanks for reply !!!

Maybe someone misunderstood my request, I want to activate the service instead of refund.

Hi, this was this case:

That most likely means you shouldn't have created the ticket in the first place in 90% of the cases

These were refunded because your account is glitched and it couldn't be processed, it's due to however you signed up and WHMCS having issues with it on the new version.

In any case, once we got to your ticket we would have cancelled/refunded it anyway since you're opening a ticket for a situation where you should not open a ticket. It's easier for us to just cancel/refund these than deal with that kind of customer at this time, especially on the cheaper specials where it's already not worth it unless you make tickets in absolutely necessary cases.

Thanked by 1J0rmo
  • nerdvmnerdvm Member
    edited December 2020

I also have this problem, it is useless to reinstall the system,always offline

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • @nerdvm said: it is useless to reinstall the system

Who in their right mind would choose to install C6, at this point? :s
    Install from ISO, not using the Reinstall option.

Thanked by 2skorous FrankZ
  • @VirMach Is it OK to open ticket to cancel the order (already paid) but want to have the credit in account for other payment?

@VirMach said:

Hi, this was this case:

That most likely means you shouldn't have created the ticket in the first place in 90% of the cases

These were refunded because your account is glitched and it couldn't be processed, it's due to however you signed up and WHMCS having issues with it on the new version.

In any case, once we got to your ticket we would have cancelled/refunded it anyway since you're opening a ticket for a situation where you should not open a ticket. It's easier for us to just cancel/refund these than deal with that kind of customer at this time, especially on the cheaper specials where it's already not worth it unless you make tickets in absolutely necessary cases.

• Ticket #144762 Been waiting over a week.

• flash sales restarting?

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

So it's legitimate to create a priority ticket if i can't change boot order (like forcing cdrom only) nor can't mount netboot.xyz from SolusVM panel? My actual mid priority ticket is 5 days old now :( #802988

• artmsartms Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:

@esteemedwashout said: @VirMach When do you plan to activate orders that have been pending and view tickets?

@artms said: @VirMach same question... mine is Active.. but why can not connect to internet...all config seems correct

We have been, and the majority of orders are activated.

If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

(edit) The above is for if you have an "active" service, do not do it for payment issues or pending.

I think I'm a pro who at least knows how to config the network correctly in Linux...
    After re-installed, almost all of your Os provided and clicked even manually re-config for each of them. And 2 days of waiting for support.. I created a priority ticket for help.
    Hope this is not an issue as you recognized necessary to bill.

• Maybe I am an idiot but I'm supposed to login from https://billing.virmach.com/ right? Because when I try to login from there the page reloads and that's it.

• @12938450 said:
    Maybe I am an idiot but I'm supposed to login from https://billing.virmach.com/ right? Because when I try to login from there the page reloads and that's it.

If you are talking about the flash sales, then yes you should log in to the billing area so that you can skip one step while ordering.

• @VirMach said:

Hi, this was this case:

@VirMach said:

Hi, this was this case:

It's clear to me,thank you !

• @artms said:

@VirMach said:

@esteemedwashout said: @VirMach When do you plan to activate orders that have been pending and view tickets?

@artms said: @VirMach same question... mine is Active.. but why can not connect to internet...all config seems correct

We have been, and the majority of orders are activated.

If your VPS doesn't work and you're sure it's not an issue on your end or an issue answered in the knowledgebase, then make a priority ticket for quicker resolution but please note you will be billed if it's something like "install my OS" or other things that you could have basically done on your end like clicking the reboot button or anything in the knowledgebase. Definitely don't make one for just the web VNC not working.

(edit) The above is for if you have an "active" service, do not do it for payment issues or pending.

I think I'm a pro who at least knows how to config the network correctly in Linux...
    After re-installed, almost all of your Os provided and clicked even manually re-config for each of them. And 2 days of waiting for support.. I created a priority ticket for help.
    Hope this is not an issue as you recognized necessary to bill.

fucking shit piss cum

• @scorcher9 said:

@12938450 said:
    Maybe I am an idiot but I'm supposed to login from https://billing.virmach.com/ right? Because when I try to login from there the page reloads and that's it.

If you are talking about the flash sales, then yes you should log in to the billing area so that you can skip one step while ordering.

I already got a vps from a flash sale, I just would like to login to my profile but I can't and I don't understand why.

• Soon™

:cry:

• @12938450 said:
    I already got a vps from a flash sale, I just would like to login to my profile but I can't and I don't understand why.

So when you go to this page https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/login and enter your credentials, what do you see after that?

Make sure you are using the correct credentials. Also check your email and see if you have received any email from VirMach?

• @scorcher9 said:

@12938450 said:

So when you go to this page https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/login and enter your credentials, what do you see after that?

Make sure you are using the correct credentials. Also check your email and see if you have received any email from VirMach?

Nothing, the page reloads and that's it, no error or anything like that. Anyway I changed my password and it's working now, I guess I copied the wrong entry from keepass.