Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 66
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @Anony0S said:
    Ticket#382845 I paid but canceled

What is going on with all the people who are saying they paid but want a refund?

Support: Limited level of support, standard on some.
    Refunds: No Refunds (For Most.)

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

@tetech said:

@Anony0S said:

What is going on with all the people who are saying they paid but want a refund?

A lot of their orders seem to be showing up as cancelled in the system after payment. They didn't initiate the cancellation~

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ddhhz said:

@tetech said:

@Anony0S said:

A lot of their orders seem to be showing up as cancelled in the system after payment. They didn't initiate the cancellation~

Aha, thanks for the explanation.

• Lot of work for the small team of VirMach, good luck to them ^^.

• $27.16/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    896MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• QQ - I just tried checking what regions the KVM-SPECIAL-4 had available and noticed "KVM Lite" mentioned in the region. Are these really "KVM Lite" (OpenVZ) instances? Are the deals OpenVZ as well?

Do these instances allow custom kernels? I plan on loading up Alpine to maximize space and use wireguard to secure a tunnel to it... and don't want to worry about some incompatibility.

• TomBGTomBG Member
    edited December 2020

@harningt said:
    QQ - I just tried checking what regions the KVM-SPECIAL-4 had available and noticed "KVM Lite" mentioned in the region. Are these really "KVM Lite" (OpenVZ) instances? Are the deals OpenVZ as well?

Do these instances allow custom kernels? I plan on loading up Alpine to maximize space and use wireguard to secure a tunnel to it... and don't want to worry about some incompatibility.

KVM Lite is KVM (with some limitations).

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@harningt said: QQ - I just tried checking what regions the KVM-SPECIAL-4 had available and noticed "KVM Lite" mentioned in the region. Are these really "KVM Lite" (OpenVZ) instances? Are the deals OpenVZ as well?

Neither of them are OpenVZ. Those are KVM servers and you can install any kernel you want. AFAIK "KVM lite" means that those servers have limited support.

• @harningt said:
    Are these really "KVM Lite" (OpenVZ) instances?

Virmach used to have OVZ, but they were converted to KVM, so that's just a leftover reference to that conversion. All new systems are KVM and you can install whatever you like within the cpu limits.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

You will have dedicated disk space, full logical processors core(s) and it’s own kernel as a part of KVM virtualization, free of charge. However, as your package was initially OpenVZ6, we will not perform or provide any additional premium services, such as custom ISO mounts, or allow the purchase of dedicated cores. Your package will also remain Linux-only, and usage levels must fall in line with the fair use policy.

However most of those 'limitations' do not apply to Flash sales due to Flash sale restrictions in place :D

• @Bertie said:
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    # Yet-Another-Bench-Script #
    # v2020-12-07 #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Dec 10 20:04:23 EST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores : 1 @ 2499.998 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 240.6 MiB
    Swap : 256.0 MiB
    Disk : 19.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k (IOPS) | 64k (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 52.10 MB/s (13.0k) | 598.63 MB/s (9.3k)
    Write | 52.17 MB/s (13.0k) | 601.79 MB/s (9.4k)
    Total | 104.28 MB/s (26.0k) | 1.20 GB/s (18.7k)
    | |
    Block Size | 512k (IOPS) | 1m (IOPS)
    ------ | --- ---- | ---- ----
    Read | 649.50 MB/s (1.2k) | 0.00 KB/s (0)
    Write | 682.01 MB/s (1.3k) | 0.00 KB/s (0)
    Total | 1.33 GB/s (2.6k) | 0.00 KB/s (0)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 172 Mbits/sec | 157 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 478 Mbits/sec | 326 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 478 Mbits/sec | 170 Mbits/sec
    Biznet | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G) | 394 Mbits/sec | 19.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | busy | 155 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 459 Mbits/sec | 174 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy | busy
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G) | 115 Mbits/sec | 127 Mbits/sec

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

On node LA10GKVM2XL with VirtIO network drivers.

You OOM'd and crashed part ways. Makes the numbers less useful.

• I hope someone at Virmach is freaking out and said, "we're losing millions".

• @VirMach Can billing department deal with the tickets? 5 days no response now.

• Virbot is broken. Bring a new one

• @cgs3238 said:
    @VirMach Can billing department deal with the tickets? 5 days no response now.

same

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@randomq said:

@harningt said:

Virmach used to have OVZ, but they were converted to KVM, so that's just a leftover reference to that conversion. All new systems are KVM and you can install whatever you like within the cpu limits.

@JabJab said:

You will have dedicated disk space, full logical processors core(s) and it’s own kernel as a part of KVM virtualization, free of charge. However, as your package was initially OpenVZ6, we will not perform or provide any additional premium services, such as custom ISO mounts, or allow the purchase of dedicated cores. Your package will also remain Linux-only, and usage levels must fall in line with the fair use policy.

However most of those 'limitations' do not apply to Flash sales due to Flash sale restrictions in place :D

My understanding is:

• KVM Lite has a CPU limit of 33%, instead of 50% <= this is the only real limitation, and I'm very scared
    • KVM Lite cannot mount custom ISO, only the existing ones in SolusVM (hint: there are more in SolusVM than in WHMCS)

However, there's mixed information about CPU limits for Virbot flash sales.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3174115/#Comment_3174115 says "You're usually fine as long as you're not constantly using 50%+ 24x7."

• $22.39/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    384MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

C'mon

• $12.05/yr -> $8.05/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    896MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Looks like @VirMach gave us a cheaper offer? $8 is a reasonable price, that's good. :)

• codydobycodydoby Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach Sorry to ask here but it is the problem that is 10 days ago

Ticket #612325 - Reinstall Windows 2012 R2
    Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System:
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2020-12-01

Ticket #929361 - Paid but cancelled

Ticket #949152 - There are problem from my server: cannot ping my server
    Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-10-x86_64-gen2-v2
    Service Status:Active
    Registration Date:2020-12-10

• @yoursunny said:

@randomq said:

@harningt said:

@JabJab said:

My understanding is:

• KVM Lite has a CPU limit of 33%, instead of 50% <= this is the only real limitation, and I'm very scared
    • KVM Lite cannot mount custom ISO, only the existing ones in SolusVM (hint: there are more in SolusVM than in WHMCS)

However, there's mixed information about CPU limits for Virbot flash sales.
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3174115/#Comment_3174115 says "You're usually fine as long as you're not constantly using 50%+ 24x7."

Yeah, it worries me a little bit when my 2 CPUs node constantly consumes 50% CPUs with k3s installed without any load. :smiley:

• $6.25/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    512MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    15GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

No thanks!

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@yoursunny said: this is the only real limitation, and I'm very scared

Why would you look at CPU limits if you are going to idle?! /s

On serious note: I would assume ToS is more strict than actual monitoring - just to have a valid reason to part ways with people that are actually abusing/PITA/demanding shit etc.

You can get your server suspended if you cross the limits, but getting it deleting or something is hard - you would need to ignore tickets or have a abuse history or something. I got some warnings here and there and saying sorry + fixing the problem keeps your services afloat.

• $7.13/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1024MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    2000GB BANDWIDTH
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

OK now things starts getting on track. Get party started! :D

• $7.25/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    512MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

-half ram
    +half disk

:D

• JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

Sorry your thinking twice about ServerHub, rest assured customer satisfaction is something that we do pride ourselves in, and we have several large internet properties that I cannot name due to NDA who trust ServerHub globally for their infrastructure.

We try to get things right 100%, but if we fall short on a customers expectations due to uncontrollable circumstances, we keep in close contact with the customer to ensure resolve.

@Bertie said:
    @Virmach Is Seattle Serverhub or Wowrack?

Hearing your nightmare stories about Serverhub got me thinking.

@JabJab said:

@yoursunny said: this is the only real limitation, and I'm very scared

Why would you look at CPU limits if you are going to idle?! /s

I serve push-up videos from all my VPS. Nothing is idle.

On serious note: I would assume ToS is more strict than actual monitoring - just to have a valid reason to part ways with people that are actually abusing/PITA/demanding shit etc.

Yes, that's always the case.

You can get your server suspended if you cross the limits, but getting it deleting or something is hard - you would need to ignore tickets or have a abuse history or something. I got some warnings here and there and saying sorry + fixing the problem keeps your services afloat.

I find out the limits before deciding whether to order a server.
    If I wait until getting a warning, I would have to spend several days rewriting my Node.js/PHP apps in Go/C++ to reduce resource consumption, during which the service would be offline or relying on other replicas.

• @yoursunny said: I would have to spend several days rewriting my Node.js/PHP apps in Go/C++ to reduce resource consumption

So... profit? :smirk:

@JabJab said:

@yoursunny said: I would have to spend several days rewriting my Node.js/PHP apps in Go/C++ to reduce resource consumption

So... profit? :smirk:

There's always a trade-off between:

• optimize the apps so that it runs more efficiently
    • throw more hardware at crappy code

WHMCS obviously chose the latter, as evidenced by the meltdown last week.

I used to choose the former, but now I try to design a parallelizable architecture and then right-size my servers so that I don't have to spend too much time optimizing single-thread performance.

An hour of coding costs $20. An extra GB of RAM costs $10 per year. If my app has a lifetime of 1 year and it's deployed on 4 servers, if optimizing it to require 1GB less RAM would take more than 2 hours, it's not worth it.

• @yoursunny I think VirMach just throw a perfect offer for you and no need to stress about that CPU! :D

$9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    256MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4