Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 67
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Virmach is quiet today.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said: Virmach is quiet today.

I would assume it's on all hands on deck due to that emergency migration they have scheduled for today and tomorrow, or yesterday and today, idr.

• @JabJab said: emergency migration

whats this?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@JabJab said:
    @yoursunny I think VirMach just throw a perfect offer for you and no need to stress about that CPU! :D

$9/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    256MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

33% of 3 vCORE means it's permitted to use one core at 100%. To be safe, the user can set the other cores as offline in the kernel.

However, I'd rather use what I already have:

$8.88/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1920MB RAM
    2 vCORE
    45GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

One fewer core, but a lot more RAM.
    cgroups and cpulimit can limit to a reasonable usage.

Next year I plan to cancel:

$4/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    384MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    22GB SSD (RAID 10)
    100GB BANDWIDTH
    BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

What I really want is:

$84/yr
    KVM - 10 GIGABIT
    65536MB RAM
    32 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    10000GB BANDWIDTH
    ASHBURN, VA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @JohnSH said:
    Sorry your thinking twice about ServerHub, rest assured customer satisfaction is something that we do pride ourselves in, and we have several large internet properties that I cannot name due to NDA who trust ServerHub globally for their infrastructure.

We try to get things right 100%, but if we fall short on a customers expectations due to uncontrollable circumstances, we keep in close contact with the customer to ensure resolve.

@Bertie said:
    @Virmach Is Seattle Serverhub or Wowrack?

Hearing your nightmare stories about Serverhub got me thinking.

My experience with Serverhub: Power outage = server crash; +1 day "we are doing disk consistency check and want to make sure everything is working properly"; +9 days "The check is still running, There is a lot of data held here, so it is taking much longer than anticipated. We will keep you updated with any progress"; +13 days no progress update, support doesn't respond, so service cancelled by me.

This was part of a cluster so I'd moved on with no data loss within the first few hours, so to be clear this is not about backups, and Serverhub did offer (after about 36 hrs) to reinstall a clean VPS on another node. The part I didn't like was that updates and communication just stopped - it is like "maybe the customer just forgets about it and the problem quietly goes away".

These days my main contact with Serverhub is spam coming from their network. I started blocking ranges out of their ASN it got so bad.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • ummm, what about us that have bought a vps 4-5 days ago and no support is given, vps is not setup at all. Idk how they are allowed to sell here when they dont even give minimal support such as setting up a vps.

• @yoursunny said: 33% of 3 vCORE means it's permitted to use one core at 100%. To be safe, the user can set the other cores as offline in the kernel.

Where did you read the 33% ? Last time I checked AUP there where only mention of the 50%.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@ben47955 said: Where did you read the 33% ? Last time I checked AUP there where only mention of the 50%.

50% is for KVM, 33% is (was?) for KVM-Lite. I remember VirMach posting it when they first started OpenVZ -> KVM-Lite migration, but today I took a quick look at AUP and did not find it it all - more like KVM-Lite section was merged into main docs. /and this is why I did not quote it earlier here :-) /

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@cgs3238 said: @VirMach Can billing department deal with the tickets? 5 days no response now.

Probably 100x volume of tickets than we usually get for billing

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • $22.56/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    7808MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    7500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

10GB SSD is a curse!

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach
    I need a server in AMS - with decent amount of storage.
    4GB RAM
    2/4 vCores
    30GB storage
    200GB BW is ample.

Anything brewing?

• WHAT IS THIS?!

$10.34/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    3712MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    3500GB BANDWIDTH
    PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

if someone needs RAM on 10GB SSD this is amazing af.

edited December 2020

We really need to clean up the nodes so it picks larger SSD amounts*

• @VirMach said:
    We really need to clean up the nodes so it picks larger SSD amoutns.

Hi, if you're having issues with the disk then please submit a ticket. We'll get back to you within 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

edited December 2020

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

Hi, if you're having issues with the disk then please submit a ticket. We'll get back to you within 2-3 weeks.

Thanks.

Already made 5

(And left a 1 star review but I'll continue using this for 3 years.)

• @VirMach said: Already made 5

Post the numbers, you don't know the drill?! :(

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: Already made 5

Post the numbers, you don't know the drill?! :(

Post the push-ups, you don't know the procedure?

• @VirMach said:

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

Thanks.

Already made 5

Apologies for the wait, if you submit another one it should go to the top of the queue. We'll go ahead and double your ram and bandwidth if it's in Buffalo for the issues.

Thanks.

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

Thanks.

Already made 5

Apologies for the wait, if you submit another one it should go to the top of the queue. We'll go ahead and double your ram and bandwidth if it's in Buffalo for the issues.

Thanks.

What is Buffalo? My chicken has lost reinforcements.

• @VirMach said:

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

@SirFoxy said:

@VirMach said:

Thanks.

Already made 5

Thanks.

What is Buffalo? My chicken has lost reinforcements.

yeah uhhhh lemme get a uhhhhhh 🅱️oneless pizza

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

$9.73/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    1408MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

WOAH. I would buy it if VirMach would give my money back from yesterday :D

jk. still bought it, however I don't think this is Windows viable machine :D

• @VirMach any ETA provisioning BF-SPECIAL-CREATE TiredCorrupt-VM? I've got nothing better things to do currently, so I've been waiting...:)

• @JabJab said:
    $9.73/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    1408MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

WOAH. I would buy it if VirMach would give my money back from yesterday :D

jk. still bought it, however I don't think this is Windows viable machine :D

That was too hard to pass up. Very low end but very cheap.

• Ok, I have a possibly silly question(s).

The machines that come with Windows (No license) - other than that you do have the option to install server2012, which benefits does it have these days?

Do I have the following correct?

1) Does the "windows available" mean it doesn't have the 50% limit on the CPU and you can use it as normal without worrying about exceeding that limit?
    i.e. it has a advantage/benefit even if Linux is run on it?

2a) Will the unlicensed windows actually continue to work or will it expire (reboot every hour or something) after a month / 6 months / some timeframe?

2b) If/when @VirMach does co-locate, will a license again be included with these deals even though it says "no license" right now?

• It's hard to create tickets!
    First I need to close Troubleshooter ad, then fill so many fields and then even wait 10 seconds for "most common problems"... but in the end I did it!

• 5 open tickets? Really?

• I heard @VirMach likes tickets so I did open 5! I suggest you do the same.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • srgbsrgb Member
    edited December 2020

Ticket #274070 - Please give me a refund, I'm really sorry. ~_~

I have been waiting for 9 days and the machine has not been turned on yet.
    Please give me a refund, I'm really sorry

Product/Service Pricing Next Due Date Status
    Service inactive KVM-Special-512
    RapidGrizzled-VM $7.00 USD

Annually 12/03/2021 Pending

• @ZA_capetown said:
    Ok, I have a possibly silly question(s).

2a) Will the unlicensed windows actually continue to work or will it expire (reboot every hour or something) after a month / 6 months / some timeframe?

Windows Server Evaluation editions are good for 180 days and can be "rearmed" up to 6 times for use up to 3 years. There will probably be a new Windows Server by then.

Use slmgr -dlv on a command prompt to see how much time you have left in your current evaluation period and remaining rearms. Use slmgr -rearm to rearm when the license is about to expire. Then restart the computer.

• Looks like oversale too much, i still having 3 pending servers to be provisioned for days