Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 63
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Any chance of taking the KVM-SPECIAL-4 and paying 10$ or 20$ more to bump the vcore,RAM,disk,BW up any? Keep wanting to hold out for a random deal to hit, but if I can knock it out directly, all the better.

• $11.57/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1408MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• People should stop trolling about ticket number. Many people don't understand sarcasm and it will create more upset against Virmach's staff.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @JabJab said: $11.57/yr

Now, that one caught my eye but not my wallet.

• @ben47955 said:
    People should stop trolling about ticket number. Many people don't understand sarcasm and it will create more upset against Virmach's staff.

Hi, no one is trolling.

@brueggus is the official LET support agent.

If you have an open ticket please allow up to 48 hours.

Thanks.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ben47955 said:
    People should stop trolling about ticket number. Many people don't understand sarcasm and it will create more upset against Virmach's staff.

Please submit a ticket so that we may address your concern.

• davidcrystaldavidcrystal Member
    edited December 2020

@forces said:

@ZA_capetown said: he offers to refund even when he doesn't have to refund

on this part, i am fully agree with you. indeed, he does not have to refund. The best i can do is a paypal dispute which is obviously lame. For this, he is being awesome.

what triggered me really is the saying where they are so confident that their web will work and thus released the 8.88. the result is obviously not to his liking and thus he did disappear a few hours to fix the issue, however it is still not fix from what i am looking at, whole client area is under maintenance now. this, is also a fact.

still, virmach is entitled to run the business as they see fit, with attitude as they see fit. likewise, as a paying customer, i too entitled to have my opinion, with facts nonetheless.

Finally reading a sensible comment here. No point in having a war here dude. I am waiting to see how they deal with Paypal enquiries.

• @AlwaysSkint said: Now, that one caught my eye but not my wallet.

Will this one tickle your wallet?

$9.98/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1536MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1500GB BANDWIDTH
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• Nice one

• @JabJab said: $9.98/yr

The moths are a fighting to get out! Drop the bandwidth and the price and could be irresistible. ;) Got the $3.75 one booted up in debian but not made up my mind what to do with it. :-/

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@AlwaysSkint said: Drop the bandwidth and the price and could be irresistible.

I have a feeling that this was last nice cheap offer and next one gonna be the expensive (however big) one.

• Oh my!

$21.5/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    9344MB RAM
    2 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    6500GB BANDWIDTH
    PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• It's quiet because everyone is ordering it

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

@randomq said: Oh my!

Just about enough to run Adobe Magento! >:)
    More SSD traded for less bandwidth and it would've been a steal deal.

• BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2020

@randomq said: It's quiet because everyone is ordering it

Hesitated and now it's OOS. I'm genuinely not sure what I'd do with a 2 vCORE, 9GB RAM VPS.

• I dont understand how any vps with that much ram needs more than 5gb of harddrive.

Thanked by 2randomq FrankZ
  • It sold out quickly. I was too slow :neutral:

• Amsterdam!

$10.89/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    768MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    500GB BANDWIDTH
    AMSTERDAM, NL LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cablepick said:
    I dont understand how any vps with that much ram needs more than 5gb of harddrive.

True. 9GB RAM box is good for static websites, where the content resides on a separate storage server accessed via iSCSI. The files will be copied to ramdisk when it's first accessed.

• @harningt said:
    Any chance of taking the KVM-SPECIAL-4 and paying 10$ or 20$ more to bump the vcore,RAM,disk,BW up any? Keep wanting to hold out for a random deal to hit, but if I can knock it out directly, all the better.

You should just list the specs you want and price to match, and tag VirMach with the request. As long as you're not asking for an insane discount he's really good about putting requests into the flash sale queue. Disk space will be the hardest one to go bigger on I imagine, maybe ask for 4c/6gb/100gb and the bw you need for ~$50? There was a 4c/9gb/85gb/6tb for 50.72, and the $66.66 deal.

• Already got the slightly dearer AMS, with a whole 5GB more storage. :)

• BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2020

Is the Debian 10 KVM Installation image broken for anyone else too?

Couldn't install from ISO on a 256MB, but Debian 10 wouldn't accept any root password I gave it. Debian 9 works fine.

Debian 9 ISO failed outright and Debian 10 ISO couldn't detect VirtIO drivers.

• I think the most important thing to do now is to get rid of the tickets, instead of having to do boring flash buying all the time.

• 4c/9gb/85gb/6tb would probably be prefect. Decent disk and plenty of RAM in case I need to layer things for remote disk for later. Make it 100gb I'd add $5 or if possible smaller SSD and large HDD (maybe I'm wishing too much)

• @Bertie said:
    Is the Debian 10 KVM Installation image broken for anyone else too?

Couldn't install from ISO on a 256MB, but Debian 10 wouldn't accept any root password I gave it. Debian 9 works fine.

Debian 9 ISO failed outright and Debian 10 ISO couldn't detect VirtIO drivers.

I could not get the debian 10 iso to work on my 256. Stretch worked just fine and I upgraded from there. Currently running bullseye on 256mb and 5gb of harddrive. I should never need any more resources than this.

Thanked by 1Bertie
  • BertieBertie Member
    edited December 2020
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-07                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Dec 10 20:04:23 EST 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge, IBRS update)
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2499.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 240.6 MiB
    Swap       : 256.0 MiB
    Disk       : 19.4 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 52.10 MB/s   (13.0k) | 598.63 MB/s   (9.3k)
    Write      | 52.17 MB/s   (13.0k) | 601.79 MB/s   (9.4k)
    Total      | 104.28 MB/s  (26.0k) | 1.20 GB/s    (18.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 649.50 MB/s   (1.2k) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Write      | 682.01 MB/s   (1.3k) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Total      | 1.33 GB/s     (2.6k) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 172 Mbits/sec   | 157 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 478 Mbits/sec   | 326 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 478 Mbits/sec   | 170 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 394 Mbits/sec   | 19.5 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | 155 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 459 Mbits/sec   | 174 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 115 Mbits/sec   | 127 Mbits/sec

Geekbench releases can only be downloaded over IPv4. FTP the Geekbench files and run manually.

On node LA10GKVM2XL with VirtIO network drivers.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

Last deal and time to sleep, let it be something gooooood :smiley:

• hello,my paid invoice was set back to canceled,can you please check ticket #134594 ,invoice id #1130717

• and Ticket #347953 - payed but order show canceled Invoice #1136176 ,please check it

• Even more tickets number that no one asked for :D