Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 58
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• @password said:
    What are people using their windows server for?

To look outside

Thanked by 2brueggus yoursunny
  • @password said:

Idling

Thanked by 2password_ brueggus
  • @password said:

I picked two up last year during BF sales. Found the Windows performance a bit lacking - I/O let them down from memory. I rebuilt one as a FreeBSD based secondary site which has been really good and I plan to keep it like that.

Second server mostly idled. I used it a few times to test some Windows server specific stuff which was helpful but didn't justify keep the server around 24x7.

• @password said:

Virtual desktop with really fast connectivity :)

• $21.85/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1920MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

$21.86/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    1920MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    2000GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Hmm...

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @password said:

I used to use mine as a Jenkins build system for open source projects. Worked pretty well.

• Anyone here heard back or has had a server provisioned in the last 24 hours from @Virmach. I am getting no response to high priority ticket or here for service being down.

• are the KVM / KVM Lite currently on sale. have the full root access? planning to buy one. thanks

• @ravenchad said: are the KVM / KVM Lite currently on sale. have the full root access? planning to buy one. thanks

Yes, def root access, I guess everything that comes now (except shared webhosting?) comes with root access.

Thanked by 1ravenchad
  • @dTQzBen8 said:
    $21.85/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    1920MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    1000GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

$21.86/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS AVAILABLE
    1920MB RAM
    4 vCORE
    20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    2000GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Hmm...

Valuable penny!

• @JabJab said:

@ravenchad said: are the KVM / KVM Lite currently on sale. have the full root access? planning to buy one. thanks

Yes, def root access, I guess everything that comes now (except shared webhosting?) comes with root access.

Thanks! I guess its given as long as its KVM? Because i saw some providers still put Full Root Access as highlighted specs to their KVMs.

• @ravenchad said:
    are the KVM / KVM Lite currently on sale. have the full root access? planning to buy one. thanks

ofcourse, you can get root access.
    you can get one from virmach.com or my flash sale monitor site http://virmach.idcsrv.eu.org also.

Thanked by 1ravenchad
  • @ravenchad said:

@JabJab said:

@ravenchad said: are the KVM / KVM Lite currently on sale. have the full root access? planning to buy one. thanks

Thanks! I guess its given as long as its KVM? Because i saw some providers still put Full Root Access as highlighted specs to their KVMs.

You should automatically be getting root access for any VPS or dedi you get from any provider.

Thanked by 1ravenchad
  • Big ram no brainer please

• @mansoor said:
    Anyone here heard back or has had a server provisioned in the last 24 hours from @Virmach. I am getting no response to high priority ticket or here for service being down.

more than 3days ,still waiting...

• @mansoor said:
    Anyone here heard back or has had a server provisioned in the last 24 hours from @Virmach. I am getting no response to high priority ticket or here for service being down.

Would they respond to Paypal resolution email?

• @davidcrystal said: Would they respond to Paypal resolution email?

If you don't want the server (or you can't wait anymore) then just request a refund before involving paypal - it's costly for providers and they don't like it.
    Of course if that wasn't a flash sell, because they are no refund policy... yet you could always try via ticket.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

@ravenchad said: Thanks! I guess its given as long as its KVM?

For VirMach: Yes (only because they don't have OpenVZ anymore). Every other provider should give your root access with VPS with every virtualization - even if they don't mention it - it's kinda "standard/norm". Those websites you found out now are a) outdated or b) just marketing, so you will actually know what you get.

• @JabJab said:

@davidcrystal said: Would they respond to Paypal resolution email?

If you don't want the server (or you can't wait anymore) then just request a refund before involving paypal - it's costly for providers and they don't like it.
    Of course if that wasn't a flash sell, because they are no refund policy... yet you could always try via ticket.

As per @mansoor, his tickets have been ignored. How likely would he receive a reply for refund whilst technical support falls into the darkhole?

• @mansoor said:

i ordered texas vps 2days ago, it got activated 20mins after order, but after installing os it cant boot,reboot,, cant access vnc , or even rescue mode, cant ping ip, vps status is unknown, i did not bother opening a ticket , i know virmach is busy, vps is up and running when i tried booting this morning

i also ordered last saturday activated within 15mins, no issues , vps in buffalo

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@Bertie said:

@SirFoxy said: The IP I got wasn't blacklisted by anyone.

ColoCrossing is on the "grey-list" for a lot of email server admins in my experience. I ran a mail server a few years ago on CC but haven't tried since.

Mailing can be quite difficult these days, even when you're using a clean dedicated IP. It seems like a lot of mail providers are pretty terrible at setting up good filtering on their end so they resort to other (stupid) measures. That could initially mean that these "blacklists" that list entire large subnets with no regard for IPs changing hands were used, and then now we have companies like Microsoft just blocking e-mails customers signed up for and not even hitting their spam box. Basically, they send an error message back if they don't like the volume asking for a bunch of information/asking us to verify something on their website, which we refuse to do. That's one of the reasons you never get e-mails from us if you use Outlook.

Gmail seems to be pretty good about not relying entirely on blacklists or something weird manual confirmation once in a while, but I guess that's because they hire intelligent people to work there. On the other hand, some not-so-intelligent people there require captchas on datacenter IP to search. I don't have a problem with that by itself, I guess it's the fact that they paint it vaguely with a bad message.

• 8nation8nation Member
    edited December 2020

@mansoor said:

3 days+ here waiting for IPMI details for a new dedi. (Edit: Not a high priority ticket. Just medium)

• @VirMach said:

@Bertie said:

ColoCrossing is on the "grey-list" for a lot of email server admins in my experience. I ran a mail server a few years ago on CC but haven't tried since.

Mailing can be quite difficult these days, even when you're using a clean dedicated IP. It seems like a lot of mail providers are pretty terrible at setting up good filtering on their end so they resort to other (stupid) measures. That could initially mean that these "blacklists" that list entire large subnets with no regard for IPs changing hands were used, and then now we have companies like Microsoft just blocking e-mails customers signed up for and not even hitting their spam box. Basically, they send an error message back if they don't like the volume asking for a bunch of information/asking us to verify something on their website, which we refuse to do. That's one of the reasons you never get e-mails from us if you use Outlook.

Gmail seems to be pretty good about not relying entirely on blacklists or something weird manual confirmation once in a while, but I guess that's because they hire intelligent people to work there. On the other hand, some not-so-intelligent people there require captchas on datacenter IP to search. I don't have a problem with that by itself, I guess it's the fact that they paint it vaguely with a bad message.

OMG, I signed up accounts using OUTLOOK. Am I able to change my email on my account? (it seems I can't change the email on the panel).

• @VirMach said: It seems like a lot of mail providers are pretty terrible at setting up good filtering on their end

The same in reverse - I've used RBL's with postfix for a while now and I've had to create IP based exemptions for every major provider. They're all listed on one RBL or another... and just when you think you've got all the major providers covered there's another blocked legit email and another AS to add to the exemption. It's a mess.

• It's a Easter Egg that the constant $10 offer generated by VirBot but lower specifications than the $7 deal will automately triple all parameters with the same price after delivered.
    Shhh, don't spread this secret. :Doge:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • xvmxvm Member
    edited December 2020

I lost my password.
    I can not receive password reset mail. I use protonmail.

How to solve this problem?

@VirMach

:( :(

@VirMach said:

• @evafza said:

@VirMach said:

@Bertie said:

OMG, I signed up accounts using OUTLOOK. Am I able to change my email on my account? (it seems I can't change the email on the panel).

May be signup a new account with other mails is a better way, if your account has no vps. They can change email by ticket but resoponse may be too slow.

• @ktaog6 said:

@evafza said:

@VirMach said:

@Bertie said:

May be signup a new account with other mails is a better way, if your account has no vps. They can change email by ticket but resoponse may be too slow.

The problem I have VPS on my accounts. I wonder if they could do email change on the account. It seems that I need to verify the email. But the thing is, I can't receive the verification emails on my OUTLOOK accounts. LOL

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2020

@evafza said: OMG, I signed up accounts using OUTLOOK. Am I able to change my email on my account? (it seems I can't change the email on the panel).

You most likely cannot change it.

@xvm said: I lost my password.
    I can not receive password reset mail. I use protonmail.

How to solve this problem?

@VirMach

Contact us and ask us to check the mail logs. Then if it's actually getting delivered, we'll have to instead reset it via a very long and difficult manual process.

• How to get the solusVM username? @VirMach