Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 56
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Good location now (Seattle), just need good specs :P

But I have to sleep xD

• The current flash deal is worse than the static posted special xD.

Flash deal
    $15.00 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 1024MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 5GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 250GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

KVM-SPECIAL-1
    $14/yr
    1 vCORE (Shared)
    1GB RAM
    30GB Pure SSD
    1000GB Bandwidth
    Up to 1Gbps Port
    1x IPv4

Thanked by 2Daniel15 ariq01
  • @Bertie said:

@Edmond said: When ColoCrossing has so much spam originating from their network, they aren't ever going to care about their network...

Heh. I was thinking about setting up a Zimbra server on one of those super high RAM VPS servers, but the IP reputation is definitely a challenge.

Probably worth looking for a VPS in one of their non-ColoCrossing locations. Not sure which locations are non-CC, I just know that Buffalo (the land of infinite servers) definitely is CC.

• @Daniel15 said:

@Bertie said:

@Edmond said: When ColoCrossing has so much spam originating from their network, they aren't ever going to care about their network...

Heh. I was thinking about setting up a Zimbra server on one of those super high RAM VPS servers, but the IP reputation is definitely a challenge.

Probably worth looking for a VPS in one of their non-ColoCrossing locations. Not sure which locations are non-CC, I just know that Buffalo (the land of infinite servers) definitely is CC.

It's either serverhub or colocrossing neither have good reputations.

• @swat4 said:

@mcgree said:

they developed WHCMS in depth. :D

Hey bro. Have you got your service provisioned? I am still waiting :p

I asked my friend who just submitted a ticket last month, and it takes a week to reslove, and .... I guess they're busy now, so it will take more than 10 days??

• @VirMach please check ticket #524732

• @Bertie said:

@SirFoxy said: The IP I got wasn't blacklisted by anyone.

ColoCrossing is on the "grey-list" for a lot of email server admins in my experience. I ran a mail server a few years ago on CC but haven't tried since.

I've run inbound only mail servers at a couple of Virmach locations for years. I just relay the outbound mail through mxroute. It is a good use case for big memory, small disk, not real fast cpu VPSes.

The Piscataway IP I got was on a couple of blacklists at spamhaus.org

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @TimboJones said: 1.8GB RAM on SEAKVM5 was between 0.6-0.9% steal for last 7 days.
    384MB RAM on SEAKVM14 was between 4.6-6% for last 7 days (and ever since I've started monitoring for it).

CPU steal and disk speeds are naturally going to fall for a week or two as people get settled in and also people test their virtual servers over and over.

Of course, if it's actually impacting what you're trying to do contact us and we'll take a look.

No, this is typical, going back to when the last steal thread was discussed weeks or a month ago. There isn't actually a spike or anything this week despite the expected extra traffic.

Meh, its a pihole for $7/year, it's not anything production critical or worth ticketing about. I'd care more if it was $70/year.

• @mcgree said:

I asked my friend who just submitted a ticket last month, and it takes a week to reslove, and .... I guess they're busy now, so it will take more than 10 days??

Honestly i have no idea. I am relatively new to VPS world and is my first time learning about VirMach. No idea how things work with them.

Now I got two outstanding issues

• Authorization to charge went through (has not billed yet) but order cancelled. No reply via ticket. I rarely have to talk to the bank. Called them and asked. They said if they dont bill the transaction, then fine. If they bill and no provision of service or no reply to ticket, they will help me file a chargeback without me asking. Glad that the staff of Citibank Prestige was super helpful - I did not even think about the next step and they got it covered for me.

• Payment was made and got billed. No provision.

Well..... We are paying very low price so don't even mind waiting for a month or more but at least give people a reply - let people know how it goes.

• Hope to get something less than 5$ from New Jersey.

• @VirMach

@swat4 said:

Same issue. Payment was made but order/invoice is marked Cancelled.

• MS said:
    @VirMach

@swat4 said:

my friends, be optimistic, he's just busy right now.

@Virmach (waiting for Ticket #488193)

• @VirMach

I can't log into my account. Ticket #628708. Can you help?

Besides, it seems there is a email delivery issue for the outlook email account. Mine (outlook.sk) can't receive any emails from Virmach. Can you check and update?

• @mcgree said:

MS said:
    @VirMach

@swat4 said:

@Virmach (waiting for Ticket #488193)

Be patient except don't be here's my ticket

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @mcgree said:

@swat4 said:

Well - I basically gave up. Why? $12 / year or even lower... seems not worth the effort of guessing when a reply would come.... And after listening to the bank advice, I guess nothing to worry about - they would take actions without me asking. So my friend, let go and enjoy the vps when it arrives :)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

I'm surprised by all the issues mentioned above. So far I've ordered 8 servers during the sale and in the last days I had no issues with payment at all. The servers were pending for few minutes and got activated in <15 minutes.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @VirMach

Can we still bump up the vCore of this plan?
    $21.95/yr
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    5888MB RAM
    1 vCORE
    25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    7000GB BANDWIDTH
    PISCATAWAY, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

if this is atleast 2 or 4vCore its better.

• ZA_capetownZA_capetown Member
    edited December 2020

To: @swat4 , MS , and all others who are new or unfamiliar with Virmach

You can relax. Everything will be fine. :smile:

Virmach is known to be fair and generous and to do even way more than is required to resolve any problems that might pop up.

I understand that you can be worried and start to expect the worst with every hour passing (which might feel like an eternity).
    My first flash sale I was also nervous, and 6 hours felt like forever.

But relax. Everything will be fine.

There are many thousands of transactions during these flash sales.
    Most of them go fairly smoothly and quickly.

They have systems in place to track most of what goes wrong and fix it without you having to do anything.
    For those that they miss, you can open a ticket.

Due to the volume of transactions and tickets, it does take some time.

In a couple of days, (a week or so tops), they should've caught up with almost everything. :smiley:

At worst, you'll be fully refunded.

Virmach is not a summer-host (fly-by-night/runs-away-with-your-money) company

• I've been using them happily for years now. So have many others here.

(ps: I'm not a representative, nor working for, or officially making any enforcement. I'm only a regular simple customer since 2018, trying to give some worried newbies some assurance that they don't have to stress too much) :wink:

• $26.8
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    640MB RAM
    3 vCORE
    10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    250GB BANDWIDTH
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Worst ever

• how does one keep the load on windows vps under 50%? What's the secret

• @Kebab said:
    how does one keep the load on windows vps under 50%? What's the secret

Turn it off half the time. ;)

• @Kebab said:
    how does one keep the load on windows vps under 50%? What's the secret

Idling.

• I can't imagine paying $12/month for this crippling experience

• @Kebab said:
    I can't imagine paying $12/month for this crippling experience

I actually use Windows Virtual Machine on Microsoft Azure. My favorite sizing is the B2S. The Microsoft Azure B2s with 2vCPU and 4GB RAM run very well without much problem. The CPU limit for B2s is about 40%. I have no problem doing RDP into the machine running Visual Studio 2019 to develop dotnet core applications.

It depends on the workload you are running of the Virtual Machine. Normally a bad windows update can mislead as CPU or IO abuse.

• @guyz92 said:

@Kebab said:
    I can't imagine paying $12/month for this crippling experience

I actually use Windows Virtual Machine on Microsoft Azure. My favorite sizing is the B2S. The Microsoft Azure B2s with 2vCPU and 4GB RAM run very well without much problem. The CPU limit for B2s is about 40%. I have no problem doing RDP into the machine running Visual Studio 2019 to develop dotnet core applications.

It depends on the workload you are running of the Virtual Machine. Normally a bad windows update can mislead as CPU or IO abuse.

Hmm. How much do you pay?

• @VirMach said:
    I prefer "reverse engineering" the formula using high school methods.

Much less accurate and a waste of time.

At least it keeps Alzheimer away, right?! (Or so I say to myself spending time on these kind of RE cases! :) )

• @VirMach, ny1.vpshared.com has been down for more than 12 hours now. Can someone please take a look at it. All my sites on it are down.

Thanks.

• @VirMach said:

@pkamdar said: @VirMach
    still awaiting response to this
    i think the hard disk space got reduced during some migration?

Oh are you the guy that contacted us a year after we did OVZ --> KVM conversions asking about the specific communication regarding the change?

If you are that's most likely why your ticket's in a lower priority queue/wasn't answered. We had to dig up the e-mail from a year ago for you and that would have taken too much time to process quickly. I'd recommend closing that ticket and just asking for assistance in expanding the space in a priority ticket and let us know the service is 0 KB disk.

thank you very much for sorting this out!

• @mansoor said:
    @VirMach, ny1.vpshared.com has been down for more than 12 hours now. Can someone please take a look at it. All my sites on it are down.

Thanks.

@VirMach, I have a priority support ticket #218361 in and it has been three hours and no one has answered. Our websites have been down since yesterday. php_fam, httpd and lfd services are down on the server.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

$47.72 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 10880MB RAM
    CPU 3 vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 21000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Virbot does it again.:|