Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 25
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• a lot better now!

• @VirMach said: Oh and I owe you guys 5 manual deals

any crazy deal like last two BFs?

• @tenpera said:
    Please stand by, while we are checking your browser...

Refresh it may show up in your cart

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Definitely a lot lot lot better but we're about to hit another snag. Hopefully the server will make it through. It's trying to generate these orders now, a lot of them went through so it's going to be slow again.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @VirMach said: It's mainly just the indexing ..

Ya see, that's what we've been tellin' ya. :)

@AlwaysSkint said: Ya see, that's what we've been tellin' ya.

Just to be very clear, even with the indexing there are periods where 4000% CPU is required, so we still had to move to the larger server. And we were aware that indexing would help from the moment we saw that query, but we were trying to get a more "professional" look by WHMCS first regarding the issue as a whole and perhaps have them suggest specific indexing or improve their code.

Anyway, we did make it through that 4000% burst after some 524's so I think we'll be good to continue the sale.

edited December 2020

Please note, the issue where your product will not appear until we manually link to SolusVM is still present. Please do not make a ticket about this, we're aware, we'll fix them as we can.

• Your Shopping Cart is Empty

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said: we were trying to get a more "professional" look by WHMCS first regarding the issue as a whole and perhaps have them suggest specific indexing or improve their code.

Of course; it's much better to get the root cause and fix from source. Beat 'em up, man - you now have some ammunition. >:)
    When you get a mo', see if you can catch up on some of the other comments - might help.

edited December 2020

@tenpera said:
    Your Shopping Cart is Empty

It's out of stock now.

213/213 sold.

@AlwaysSkint said: Of course; it's much better to get the root cause and fix from source. Beat 'em up, man - you now have some ammunition.

With WHMCS, we cut them some slack since we only per them $10 a month for support and already have an owned license.

With SolusVM, we expect a lot more seeing as they charge $10~ a month per server.

• Stuck on this after adding to cart, I guess I lost, fak.

• @JabJab said:

Stuck on this after adding to cart, I guess I lost, fak.

Me too a refresh did the trick.

• derekyangderekyang Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:
    Please note, the issue where your product will not appear until we manually link to SolusVM is still present. Please do not make a ticket about this, we're aware, we'll fix them as we can.

My vps showing in billing console now. Thanks! Can I assume the credential for dedicated login to SolusVm will be taking care too ? Thanks

• @derekyang said:

@VirMach said:

My vps showing in billing console now. Can I assume the credential for dedicated login to SolusVm will be taking care too ? Thanks

FFS. Try it! If it doesn't work then bide your time. Give them a break!

• @VirMach
    Good Job
    Very smooth

This time is indeed a meaningful improvement

• This is more expensive than previous, I am not buying that :rage:

:smiley:

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint benj0x
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@derekyang said:

@VirMach said:

My vps showing in billing console now. Can I assume the credential for dedicated login to SolusVm will be taking care too ? Thanks

FFS. Try it! If it doesn't work then bide your time. Give them a break!

I thought I asking a general question?

• And there was life :smile:

• @VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said: Ya see, that's what we've been tellin' ya.

Just to be very clear, even with the indexing there are periods where 4000% CPU is required, so we still had to move to the larger server. And we were aware that indexing would help from the moment we saw that query, but we were trying to get a more "professional" look by WHMCS first regarding the issue as a whole and perhaps have them suggest specific indexing or improve their code.

Anyway, we did make it through that 4000% burst after some 524's so I think we'll be good to continue the sale.

Nicely done, client area is still responsive right after a new deal!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I have placed an order for the $4.95/year VPS, it took money from card but didn't generate anything in WHMCS - no invoice, no order email - nothing. I have sent a ticket. Should I wait for a VPS or a refund?

• next up we need a solid high core high ram BUFFALO with lots of storage and windows an option right?

• Confirmed that client area is nice and snappy still. :-)

• @ZA_capetown said:
    Confirmed that client area is nice and snappy still. :-)

Can confirm. But there are really a lot "One more step[s]" in between the control panel pages.

• Party should be started!

@Radi said: I have placed an order for the $4.95/year VPS, it took money from card but didn't generate anything in WHMCS - no invoice, no order email - nothing. I have sent a ticket. Should I wait for a VPS or a refund?

I believe I just answered your ticket.

The money wasn't taken from the card. New version of WHMCS likes to do authorization charges for absolutely no reason since it doesn't actually send back information for better anti-fraud. But it does it. So it's just a temporary charge.

@benj0x said: Can confirm. But there are really a lot "One more step[s]" in between the control panel pages.

If this stays stable I'll slowly remove some of those.

Thanked by 1benj0x

Alright guys so there's definitely still going to be periods of slowness as the crons run for creating these services, for more popular plans. For example, right now when it's trying to generate all the orders placed so far.

They get cleared out in a few minutes though; I'm going to see if we can stagger it more. Until then please expect some slowdowns, but I don't think it'll crash.

• while europe sleeps why not some ams specials? :)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@VirMach Since you've upgraded: There've been rumors (and apparently WHMCS has confirmed the issue) about negative invoices being created by WHMCS 8 if special kinds of coupons are used in the order process. I won't go more into detail here, but you may want to check for invoices with negative totals...