Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ben47955 said: May ? So in which condition license will be included ?

Ongoing talks with ColoCrossing, but we'll most likely be removing licensing and only doing it on colocated services due to the way they did things (breach of contract.)

• @VirMach said: let's do a quick test run and see if this one holds up

Well, bloody hell! That seemed to work fine, all the way to PayPal login. :)

edited December 2020

@JabJab said: Dear @VirMach is there any way to 'hide' my services that are long gone for years, yet I am always greeted with them on the Service Tab? No, I don't want to sort by Status every damn time I visting billing. Just hide those older fuckers or move to the end?

https://i.imgur.com/TKagsTN.png

We have this in the development queue. So maybe a few months to few years.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited December 2020

@virmach - breach of contract is a very legal statement- what did they do? An is it your interpretation of breach- or arbitrator or court? or just more ranting about cc? So they breach and the bulk of your business is still riding on their servers - I dont buy it

• @Virmach Please cancel this one if you can - not crucial if you can't - I was just taking you up on the pressure testing. ;)
    Invoice #1128491

@Unbelievable said: @virmach - breach of contract is a very legal statement- what did they do? An is it your interpretation of breach- or arbitrator or court? or just more ranting about cc?

As in our interpretation. Obviously, we'd rather not discuss it much here, but to us, it's pretty clear and I'll leave it there.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint Daniel15
  • So ranting yet renting more servers from them

• @JabJab said: Dear @VirMach is there any way to 'hide' my services that are long gone for years

Yeah, +1 for this months-to-years feature request...

BTW, you do know about "View => Active" filter on the left, right? It's still an extra click, and is cumbersome to do it everytime (since it doesn't remember the last selection), but still a tiny bit better than sorting probably...

Thanked by 2Unicom Chronic

It looks like a most definite crash on the next deal, unless it doesn't get any worse but we're at pretty high CPU usage of 30~ cores out 48 right now before the next sale has even launched.

@TheWizard said: BTW, you do know about "View => Active" filter on the left, right? It's still an extra click, and is cumbersome to do it everytime (since it doesn't remember the last selection), but still a tiny bit better than sorting probably...

WHMCS has a feature request page they seem to pay some attention to, if enough of you go there and upvote one of these being submitted.

• are they full cores or LET "threads" that are partial threads

• @VirMach hi,
    is there any way to know the username of the SolusVM? so I can log in to the SolusVM instead go to your billing

Thanked by 1yoursunny
    edited December 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    are they full cores or LET "threads" that are partial threads

Our new billing panel is on an Epyc 7451 (so threads, but the CPU will go all the way up to 4800% and it's currently at 3000% max.)

• @VirMach said: .. unless it doesn't get any worse ..

Client Area starting to crawl ~1 min load but has been much worse.

• Add Funds Page Don't Even Open

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

" Error 524" - that didn't take too long to happen. :-|
    (That was for a product detail request.)
    Client Area (general page) recovery was good though and came back after a few minutes.
    Something's better..

• client area crash again

• @VirMach said:

@Unbelievable said:
    are they full cores or LET "threads" that are partial threads

Our new billing panel is on an Epyc 7451 (so threads, but the CPU will go all the way up to 4800% and it's currently at 3000% max.)

I think you'd have more joy out of more CPU power per core rather than throwing cores/threads at it, all depends on setup I guess. If you can get some decent CPUs in a cluster or offload DB it'll probably go better.

@WSCallum said: I think you'd have more joy out of more CPU power per core rather than throwing cores/threads at it, all depends on setup I guess. If you can get some decent CPUs in a cluster or offload DB it'll probably go better.

Mmm, that's why we initially went with bigger cores. But that didn't work out and this does seem to be working out better since the overall usage is technically a lower percentage.

But still not enough, I actually think this time the NVMe is the bottleneck.

• Well, a little bit slow, but no error so far. Let's the hunt begin!!! :smile:

• F hell, where is the next deal? does it auto refresh or do I have to do F5?

• What is actually better than NVMe ? Time to RAMdisk ?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited December 2020

@samm said:
    F hell, where is the next deal? does it auto refresh or do I have to do F5?

You can use the tracker which does refresh/F5 for you :)

Link: https://virmach.fat32.top/

Thanked by 1samm
  • Come on,next 524!

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited December 2020

I'd really be surprised if you haven't been running from a dedicated db server, at this stage, along with a partitioned db file system. A "first port of call" for performance on large db.

• @VirMach said:

@WSCallum said: I think you'd have more joy out of more CPU power per core rather than throwing cores/threads at it, all depends on setup I guess. If you can get some decent CPUs in a cluster or offload DB it'll probably go better.

Mmm, that's why we initially went with bigger cores. But that didn't work out and this does seem to be working out better since the overall usage is technically a lower percentage.

Are you on MySQL or MariaDB out of interest?

Okay, we have to look into clustering. In the meantime we'll try to actually keep the website up for you guys for non flash sale purposes.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 ddhhz
  • @VirMach said:

Shouldn't most of the data be in the cache though? Assuming the server has a lot of RAM.

• @samm said: F hell, where is the next deal? does it auto refresh or do I have to do F5?

It does auto-refresh (pulls the plan description JSON file) every 10 seconds, no need to F5 on the official page... (Also, refreshing more frequently may trigger CF checks/blocks I think, so thread carefully if you go that way)

@Daniel15 said: Shouldn't most of the data be in the cache though? Assuming the server has a lot of RAM.

Unfortunately not how it works. We already have the caching way too high and it just won't work great with this many people.