Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• Thanked by 2tuc Epve
  • Who rang the bell? Where's the $2 deal?

Thanked by 2FrankZ lowendboi
  • Booo

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • KuYeHQKuYeHQ Member
    edited December 2020

@virmach wake up wake up :D :D It is time now,sir

Thanked by 1tuc
  • imokimok Member
    edited December 2020

Is it ready?

• SSD16G or SSD32G?

@imok said:
    Is it ready?

Nothing is ready. Honestly I sense a lack of technical competency here. If something doesn't work, there's always a workaround.

Building a temporary external site that handles just the flash sale orders should be possible within 72 hours if needed. (I even offered my development resource, but he never reads PM so what can I do)

With the complexity of WHMCS, I don't think WHMCS can fix it in a short amount of time, and some things are just not suitable to be done in WHMCS in my opinion.

Anyway, let's see.

• @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is it ready?

Nothing is ready. Honestly I sense a lack of technical competency here. If something doesn't work, there's always a workaround.

Building a temporary external site that handles just the flash sale orders should be possible within 72 hours if needed. (I even offered my development resource, but he never reads PM so what can I do)

With the complexity of WHMCS, I don't think WHMCS can fix it in a short amount of time, and some things are just not suitable to be done in WHMCS in my opinion.

Anyway, let's see.

They are inflexible.

• OK it's not ready then.

• @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is it ready?

Anyway, let's see.

You've done enough, let virmach walk alone

• @FAT32 said: With the complexity of WHMCS, I don't think WHMCS can fix it in a short amount of time, and some things are just not suitable to be done in WHMCS in my opinion.

They might need to redo their design and rebuild a lot from scratch if they didn't have any degree of caching built in. However, given how widely WHMCS is used in the industry, it's quite surprising that this issue hasn't come up before.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    Is it ready?

Anyway, let's see.

In my opinion that i think @VirMach need to prioritize fixing their client area first, before doing any other flash sales... i mean what if their existing customer need to submit a ticket or something.

Whats the point of doing a discount / get new customer if your current customer cant even logged in to the client area or doing a normal business with you?

And for sale, i aggreed with this, you need to build a temporary external site so its dont disturb your main business.

Thanked by 2FAT32 Unicom
  • When will the flash sale start again?

• Still maintenance? we need to restart the server!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DianTama said:
    In my opinion that i think @VirMach need to prioritize fixing their client area first, before doing any other flash sales... i mean what if their existing customer need to submit a ticket or something.

When in doubt, backup and dispute. PayPal will decide in your favor if your box isn't functioning and you aren't able to submit a ticket in several days.

• The backstage website has been unable to open

• @saibal said: However, given how widely WHMCS is used in the industry, it's quite surprising that this issue hasn't come up before.

I don't think it's a common scenario to have thousands of customers furiously refreshing WHMCS at the same time.

Even very poorly written software with totally unoptimized queries can appear to work fine if there's a very low level of concurrency (low QPS).

Probably the best approach is to have a system completely outside of WHMCS that handles the flash sales, ideally in a programming language with thread-safe/concurrent collections to avoid race conditions. When a customer buys one, record it into a queue somewhere, and have some other process that syncs the queue with WHMCS.

Of course, that requires a bit of dev work.

Thanked by 1Unicom
  • @Virmach how about waking up and giving us some premium high core/high ram deals like only you can do :)

• @JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach how about waking up and giving us some premium high core/high ram deals like only you can do :)

should probably focus on having a functional site first

• @JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach how about waking up and giving us some premium high core/high ram deals like only you can do :)

His site is not working. Why are you asking him to sell things that will affect his business?

• there is virmach telling jbl off for lack of skills
    then virmach haves problems doing simple flash sale.

now where are the techies gone?

Guys to be fair VirMach didn't mention which year is that.

Maybe he means 4th of December 2026, which is also Friday?

• Guys, don't push virmach too hard...
    If I were him, I would also like to fix the client area ASAP, make flash deals work and get all tickets finished.

• Celebrate VirMach Holidays Week 2020 instead of BF&CM Week 2020. Postpone these flash deals until December 25, then continue from 26th to 1st. 3 weeks should be enough time to fix everything.

Thanked by 1Unicom
  • I wonder what differently happened this year? They ran flash sales last year and before that too and athough there were problems but not like this.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • MS said:
    Celebrate VirMach Holidays Week 2020 instead of BF&CM Week 2020. Postpone these flash deals until December 25, then continue from 26th to 1st. 3 weeks should be enough time to fix everything.

However, I don't think WHMCS can be fixed in a couple of weeks, let alone a couple of days. The database has reached its limit and the WHMCS spaghetti code can not longer work on any hardware with such a database. :s

Thanked by 2yoursunny _MS_
  • @alilet said: I wonder what differently happened this year?

Previous years offers have caught the attention of the bots?

• wtf? just because this flash sale you decide to maintenance mode that whmcs? we need to access the panel