Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• can not order, still Under Maintenance

• can i order non black friday deals in peace please

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • Summary of Virmach 2020 Black Friday Cyber Week Deals:

Under Maintenance

Thanked by 2yoursunny Daniel15
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ddhhz said:

@VirMach said:
    Those are with Serverhub. I don't want to get into it much but basically, we need to migrate you guys away ASAP.

Could you please confirm if DALKVM4 is Serverhub as well?
    My VPS has been without network connectivity for 22 hours. Reported in ticket #775895 yesterday~ :'(

I know you guys are slammed, pls check when you have some time. thanks~

I've replied to your ticket but just so everyone else knows, this was due to @jbiloh abusing his authority at ColoCrossing to make a personal decision, enforcing their AUP unfairly and outside of regular procedures.

Jon thought that you were DDoSing LowEndBox.com based on data that clearly looks like you were just sending 28,000 requests over 24 hours to his website. I have asked ColoCrossing not to do this in the past, but I guess they do not see this as being highly problematic, when they get to decide to nullroute an IP address if they do not like what you are doing, instead of just blocking it on their webserver and filing an abuse report like everyone else. They prefer being judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to people using their network to access their website(s) in ways they do not prefer. It's even worse when their network "engineers" do not understand what constitutes an attack and when their non-engineers pretend to be network engineers.

Coming soon: Jon Biloh blocks thousands of malicious "Google" subnets from accessing all of ColoCrossing's network for crawling his website performing layer 7 content stealing attacks.™

@yoursunny said: My $8.88 is showing as "active" and "virtual server not found" in WHMCS. I suppose it's not created yet.

This is a bug, we have to finish going through these manually.

• @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: My $8.88 is showing as "active" and "virtual server not found" in WHMCS. I suppose it's not created yet.

This is a bug, we have to finish going through these manually.

I have the same problem. Will you guys do it yourself or do I need to create a ticket for this? In any case, I am not in a hurry

• @VirMach said:

@ddhhz said:

@VirMach said:
    Those are with Serverhub. I don't want to get into it much but basically, we need to migrate you guys away ASAP.

My VPS has been without network connectivity for 22 hours. Reported in ticket #775895 yesterday~ :'(

I've replied to your ticket but just so everyone else knows, this was due to @jbiloh abusing his authority at ColoCrossing to make a personal decision, enforcing their AUP unfairly and outside of regular procedures.

Jon thought that you were DDoSing LowEndBox.com based on data that clearly looks like you were just sending 28,000 requests over 24 hours to his website. I have asked ColoCrossing not to do this in the past, but I guess they do not see this as being highly problematic, when they get to decide to nullroute an IP address if they do not like what you are doing, instead of just blocking it on their webserver and filing an abuse report like everyone else. They prefer being judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to people using their network to access their website(s) in ways they do not prefer. It's even worse when their network "engineers" do not understand what constitutes an attack and when their non-engineers pretend to be network engineers.

Coming soon: Jon Biloh blocks thousands of malicious "Google" subnets from accessing all of ColoCrossing's network for crawling his website performing layer 7 content stealing attacks.™

Thanked by 1FrankZ

@Unicom said: I have the same problem. Will you guys do it yourself or do I need to create a ticket for this? In any case, I am not in a hurry

No need for a ticket, we can run queries.

• @VirMach how to pay for invoices if billing do not work

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:

@ddhhz said:

@VirMach said:

Didn't he said he "purchased LET/LEB from CC" like a few months back?
    I mean the fuck is this, he still works for them, why would he need to purchase it?

Please enlighten me, also that discord chat is still full of CC admin's, good joke @jbiloh.

• @VirMach said: I've replied to your ticket but just so everyone else knows, this was due to @jbiloh abusing his authority at ColoCrossing to make a personal decision, enforcing their AUP unfairly and outside of regular procedures.

y0 @ddhhz can you tell me why you are scrapping LowEndBox so hard? That blog is almost empty!1oneoeneoneon

Few people that were mocking "LET is under DDOS attack" gonna have a field day with that screen.

@VirMach please never give CF stats for billing.virmach.com to these guys :mrgreen:, there will be a lot of DDOS there for sure and half of the world blocked /s

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: I've replied to your ticket but just so everyone else knows, this was due to @jbiloh abusing his authority at ColoCrossing to make a personal decision, enforcing their AUP unfairly and outside of regular procedures.

y0 @ddhhz can you tell me why you are scrapping LowEndBox so hard? That blog is almost empty!1oneoeneoneon

Few people that were mocking "LET is under DDOS attack" gonna have a field day with that screen.

@VirMach please never give CF stats for billing.virmach.com to these guys :mrgreen:, there will be a lot of DDOS there for sure and half of the world blocked /s

@VirMach Thanks for taking a look!!

@JabJab Lol it was just one machine so DoS at best. It's for a PSB (public service bot) during the LET flash sale -

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3153889#Comment_3153889

🔔 Get LET Flash Deal Notifications~ (no aff)

It is fetching the latest comments on that thread specifically once every 3 seconds (I didn't think it was hitting it that much tbh), I even commented on the post and mentioned @jbiloh asking him to lessen CloudFlare shield as my bot isn't that sophisticated and was blocked by CF Shield.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3162170#Comment_3162170

and he even replied

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3162561#Comment_3162561

Clearly my bot was mistaken with other DDoS traffic or he would have asked me to stop the bot instead of lifting CF blocks and letting me in~

Thanked by 3yoursunny storm Edmond
  • @ddhhz so, you think this is fine? I guess it's because of your likes we couldn't buy anything from @VirMach. isn't funny.

Thanked by 1Mister
  • @DanSummer said:
    @ddhhz so, you think this is fine? I guess it's because of your likes we couldn't buy anything from @VirMach. isn't funny.

My bot was accessing LET, not VirMach. Please re-read the thread.

• EHRAEHRA Member
    edited December 2020

The changes are coming...

• EndIsNeighEndIsNeigh Member
    edited December 2020

Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    AS36352 should have been blocked,
    But hey why would he do that?
    He likes to be mocked.

@VirMach just know it will be tough,
    But don't make your mind narrow.
    Biloh is trying to make it rough,
    So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Where Dust-iloh commits crime.
    Thus I end my story,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are mommy and daddy getting a divorce?

Francisco

• @EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

[@]VirMach just know it will be tough,
    So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

The link to AS36352 is broken. Could you fix it?

• ....> @benj0x said:

@EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

Works here.

• @seriesn said:
    ....> @benj0x said:

@EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

Works here.

He edited it.

• @benj0x said:

@seriesn said:
    ....> @benj0x said:

@EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

Works here.

He edited it.

Ah! aha

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@benj0x said:

@seriesn said:
    ....> @benj0x said:

@EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

Works here.

He edited it.

Ah! aha

oh! ha

• I should post a poem.

But later.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@benj0x said:

@seriesn said:
    ....> @benj0x said:

@EndIsNeigh said:
    Roses are red,
    Violates are blue,
    Biloh Lies,
    Who would have knew?

I presume by that logic,
    He likes to be mocked.

So RackNerd can swallow.

This is a mafia,
    Thus I end my store,
    Because the EndIsNeigh.

Works here.

He edited it.

Ah! aha

oh! ha

Hoe hoe.

• @Francisco said:
    Are mommy and daddy getting a divorce?

Francisco

I'm curious to see the communications where Virmach doesn't take action and CC then does. That's where the shouting starts. Jon's emotions will be out, as I'm sure was Virmach's.

Doesn't sound like Jon is a "consultant" as much as a "contractor", which I consider different in this context.

• @VirMach Invoice is due. Unable to pay. Please do something.
    Thanks.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tolovall said:
    @VirMach Invoice is due. Unable to pay. Please do something.

1. Backup all your data in case the service gets terminated by the automated system.
    2. When in doubt, sue. You are losing billions per hour.
    3. Find a new provider that costs $84 monthly, and pay additional $300 monthly for priority telephone support.
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said: Doesn't sound like Jon is a "consultant" as much as a "contractor", which I consider different in this context.

Jon very much works there and it appears like he runs the sales department. He handles all colo customers (there's been plenty of rants on discord), and probably handles most of the forums/budget side.

I think they have some other people (Chris?) handling the local B2B stuff.

Anyway, Jon has the ability to block the attacking IP on the CF firewall and then alert Virmach of the issue where they'd suspend the VM. It was most likely pretty obvious (amount of IP's assigned, RDNS on records, the freakin' hostname in billing) that it was a VPS node so this was pretty heavy handed.

A nullroute on the IP would've worked just fine since then the IP would've been unable to complete the connection to CF.

Francisco

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • So @VirMach any update for us? ^.-

Thanked by 1coffin