Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

Comments

• 5G RAM x 2 cores x 4T transfer, 52.4 GB SSD, $5.24 / yr will be this year's best deal. :)

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

• use distributed in-memory database (no disk at all, because you don't ever power off all the replicas at the same time)

• Daniel15 said: Apparently WHMCS developers do not know what "caching" is, given it's a feature request: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/whmcs-to-use-caching.

That request is open since the last 4 years? :o

• @yoursunny said: rewrite the billing software in Go <== most important

Any modern language that is comfortable for the internal team. But you are undoubtedly right that from such terrible products as WHMCS (or cpanel) for medium and large companies it is necessary to go into their own development. And of course, do not use the relational database in such a way as the WHMCS bunglers (or even use a fast document database in memory)

• many problem not resolved :disappointed: no hope

• Seems like the login issues are solved now. Working well on our end now.

• Now i can be normal
    Log in and manage vps, but can the robot be adjusted more reasonably? , Its price and configuration are very unreasonable,thanks

• @TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

@ddhhz said: Trying to access any product detail page returns 524 timeout as well, I guess it's one of those pages that is harder to load than others.

Strange, I can't replicate that. Can you private message me the specific link/service and it's after 100 seconds of loading?

Currently, "Critical Error, Could not connect to the database".

Did you want to borrow a Virmach Windows RDP from Seattle so you can test from a machine outside your local network?

I had to take that offer back, since it went offline unexpectedly and cannot console in to find out what's wrong.

Damn you WHMCS, damn you to hell!

• @TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

@ddhhz said: Trying to access any product detail page returns 524 timeout as well, I guess it's one of those pages that is harder to load than others.

Strange, I can't replicate that. Can you private message me the specific link/service and it's after 100 seconds of loading?

Did you want to borrow a Virmach Windows RDP from Seattle so you can test from a machine outside your local network?

I had to take that offer back, since it went offline unexpectedly and cannot console in to find out what's wrong.

I also have one that just disconnected from the network waiting on ticket response, I could still access it through SolusVM (emailed at service creation) and VNC into it but no incoming or outgoing connections. You could try SolusVM VNC method to see what it's doing~

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ddhhz said:

@TimboJones said:

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

I also have one that just disconnected from the network waiting on ticket response, I could still access it through SolusVM (emailed at service creation) and VNC into it but no incoming or outgoing connections. You could try SolusVM VNC method to see what it's doing~

Client area was under maintenance last I checked. I'll check again when I get home. Thanks

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said:

Client area was under maintenance last I checked. I'll check again when I get home. Thanks

Sure!! Client area is up now. but when it's down, you can still go to SolusVM directly if you have the service activation email with SolusVM login, effectively bypassing WHMCS.

Thanked by 2yoursunny TimboJones
  • @ddhhz said: access it through SolusVM (emailed at service creation)

A ticket is probably the only way to get SolusVM credentials, right? No automated method exists?

The thing is, (probably because (?) I've selected "install OS later" while getting one of the deals last year), I never got the SolusVM username/password e-mail. I vaguely remember, Virmach mentioning somewhere that they're trying to move away from SolusVM login, and have users go through client area (WHMCS) (Additional Tools => VPS Control Panel. However, given the current state of WHMCS, I guess it only makes sense to have all SolusVM credentials readily available! :)

Thanked by 1ddhhz
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said: Client area was under maintenance last I checked. I'll check again when I get home. Thanks

This has been up and stable for a few hours. I guess all it takes for now is not having hundreds of simultaneous visitors and that's seemed to happen.

We're still awaiting a more permanent fix from WHMCS.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TheWizard said:

@ddhhz said: access it through SolusVM (emailed at service creation)

A ticket is probably the only way to get SolusVM credentials, right? No automated method exists?

The thing is, (probably because (?) I've selected "install OS later" while getting one of the deals last year), I never got the SolusVM username/password e-mail. I vaguely remember, Virmach mentioning somewhere that they're trying to move away from SolusVM login, and have users go through client area (WHMCS) (Additional Tools => VPS Control Panel. However, given the current state of WHMCS, I guess it only makes sense to have all SolusVM credentials readily available! :)

Try the following:

1. Enter SolusVM once via WHMCS.
    2. In "my account", find your SolusVM username.
    3. Logoff, and go to SolusVM login page, click "forgot password".
    4. Enter the username to reset password via email.

My account was created before SolusVM deprecation so that I cannot test myself.

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • The flash sale is about to start, I can't wait

• @yoursunny said: In "my account", find your SolusVM username.

Thanks for trying to help. However, "My Account" page of SolusVM at Virmach only lists the following fields (for "Update Settings" form):

• First Name
    • Last Name
    • Email Address
    • Company
    • Language
    • Login Alert

And Current Password, & New Password x2 for "Update Password" form.

I've checked the HTML source as well to see if it's a hidden field or something, but, (even though I can see a UserId (numeric), SessionId, and InstanceId there), nothing like Virmach's SolusVm usernames like "kvmspec1234abcd"...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @KuYeHQ said: The flash sale is about to start, I can't wait

You must be in some weird timezone. :/

• @TheWizard said:

@yoursunny said: In "my account", find your SolusVM username.

Thanks for trying to help. However, "My Account" page of SolusVM at Virmach only lists the following fields (for "Update Settings" form):

• First Name
    • Last Name
    • Email Address
    • Company
    • Language
    • Login Alert

And Current Password, & New Password x2 for "Update Password" form.

I've checked the HTML source as well to see if it's a hidden field or something, but, (even though I can see a UserId (numeric), SessionId, and InstanceId there), nothing like Virmach's SolusVm usernames like "kvmspec1234abcd"...

Most of the time the SolusVm account and password is in your mailbox,They are randomly assigned

• @KuYeHQ said: Most of the time the SolusVm account and password is in your mailbox,They are randomly assigned

If you go a couple of posts up (the one yoursunny quoted) you'll see me saying that I've never gotten that e-mail for one of my VPSs (even though I had them for others)...

Or better yet, let me just quote myself here to save you the hassle of scrolling up!? :)

@TheWizard said: (probably because (?) I've selected "install OS later" while getting one of the deals last year), I never got the SolusVM username/password e-mail.

• @KuYeHQ said:
    The flash sale is about to start, I can't wait

As I'm typing this, there is about 26 hours 35 minutes (yes, we crazy Virmach fans count the minutes) left till the announced start of deals! PST

But watching how thing [don't] work this week, and taking Murphy's Laws into account... I'm guessing we're lucky if we see the deals on Saturday PST... : ) : (

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @TheWizard said:

@KuYeHQ said:
    The flash sale is about to start, I can't wait

As I'm typing this, there is about 26 hours 35 minutes (yes, we crazy Virmach fans count the minutes) left till the announced start of deals! PST

But watching how thing [don't] work this week, and taking Murphy's Laws into account... I'm guessing we're lucky if we see the deals on Saturday PST... : ) : (

I remembered a wrong time ,<( ; ᯅ ; )>

• Yay and now it's only 26 hours and 22 minutes to go!
    SOON™ \o/
    :wink:

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

Getting lots of 524 again, unfortunately~ Hope WHMCS can get a fix out soon.

Thanked by 2tuc saibal
  • hello,Ticket #135412,please sove it.it had been hold on for three days.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@TheWizard said: A ticket is probably the only way to get SolusVM credentials, right? No automated method exists?

The thing is, (probably because (?) I've selected "install OS later" while getting one of the deals last year), I never got the SolusVM username/password e-mail. I vaguely remember, Virmach mentioning somewhere that they're trying to move away from SolusVM login, and have users go through client area (WHMCS) (Additional Tools => VPS Control Panel. However, given the current state of WHMCS, I guess it only makes sense to have all SolusVM credentials readily available!

@yoursunny said: Try the following:

Enter SolusVM once via WHMCS.
    In "my account", find your SolusVM username.
    Logoff, and go to SolusVM login page, click "forgot password".
    Enter the username to reset password via email.
    My account was created before SolusVM deprecation so that I cannot test myself.

Unfortunately due to a high number of requests and potential abuse, we don't give this out anymore if you contact us, and I think SolusVM took out the ability to see your own username using that method.

I do understand the legitimate reasons for requesting this, but it's another one of those things that are getting popular and we can't afford to do this manually for thousands of services. Plus, again, there are also cases of abuse so we'd rather not entertain that at all since now we have to also verify more information before we just give that out.

@TheWizard said: But watching how thing [don't] work this week, and taking Murphy's Laws into account... I'm guessing we're lucky if we see the deals on Saturday PST... : ) : (

Probably. WHMCS is already giving us a longer than expected ETA, and that's assuming they will fix anything with their response and not just shrug.

• Is the "VPS not found" in WHMCS a known issue and being resolved soon? Is it safe for me to go into SolusVM and start using the machine?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:
    Unfortunately due to a high number of requests and potential abuse, we don't give this out anymore if you contact us, and I think SolusVM took out the ability to see your own username using that method.

That's sad.

At least the SolusVM API still works, so that users can reboot the box without going through WHMCS. docs
    Example:

ubuntu@pi4:~$ curl https://solusvm.virmach.com/api/client/command.php -d 'key=CG2X5-IV5SF-HOBOR&hash=2339237f7af9ac7ab7f67ab84053de2bd3de2968&action=reboot'
    <status>success</status><statusmsg>rebooted</statusmsg><hostname>vps5</hostname><ipaddress>192.0.2.1</ipaddress><vmstat></vmstat>

However, SolusVM API has only limited functionality: status and reboot.
    You cannot reinstall or change network settings through API.
    It also doesn't allow retrieving the username.

@TheWizard said: But watching how thing [don't] work this week, and taking Murphy's Laws into account... I'm guessing we're lucky if we see the deals on Saturday PST... : ) : (

Probably. WHMCS is already giving us a longer than expected ETA, and that's assuming they will fix anything with their response and not just shrug.

Cyber Week is over. Let's plan for Christmas.

Coupon code suggestions for Christmas:

• 70% off coupon LUMPOFCOAL (limit to 77 orders); whoever uses this coupon would receive a lump of coal from Santa Claus.
    • 30% off coupon NAUGHTYLIST; wherever uses this coupon would get on the naughty list.
    • pay 35% more with code GOODLIST; whoever uses this coupon receives a place in the good list.
    • $0.69 off coupon PUSHUPS; whoever uses this coupon must do 69 push-ups in order to get onto the good list.
    • special coupon LUCKY7, it's a raffle where 7.77% of the orders or 777 orders (whichever is lesser) will enjoy 77.7% off for the first year, while the remaining will pay 7.77% more; you charge everyone 7.77% more initially, and then discount the next year for the raffle winners. The email that reveals whether a user wins the raffle should look like a Christmas stocking.

@CyberneticTitan said:
    Is the "VPS not found" in WHMCS a known issue and being resolved soon? Is it safe for me to go into SolusVM and start using the machine?

My $8.88 is showing as "active" and "virtual server not found" in WHMCS. I suppose it's not created yet.

Thanked by 2dTQzBen8 forces
  • @yoursunny said:
    My $8.88 is showing as "active" and "virtual server not found" in WHMCS. I suppose it's not created yet.

Me too.
    After I re-installed OS, it is still showing "Virtual server not found."

• @ddhhz said:

@TimboJones said:

Sure!! Client area is up now. but when it's down, you can still go to SolusVM directly if you have the service activation email with SolusVM login, effectively bypassing WHMCS.

VNC connect was just a black screen and couldn't wake with ctrl+alt+del. Network graph had no traffic after the time it reported offline.
    I rebooted it from the control panel, and then VNC could see Windows boot and came up with network. This was on SEAKVM8. I'm thinking we didn't have same issue, just coincidence we both had issues same time.

When I check the Event Viewer in Windows after it came up, there are no time entries after the downtime occurred. Basically, the server hard locked up until rebooted from panel. AFAIK, first and only one in a year, so I'm not going to sweat it unless it happens again. Startup/Recovery did have "Automatically restart", but still required manual rebooting for it to come back up.

Cheers