Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 82
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2020

@yolo_me said:
    My 3TB VPS chicago only has 2.88TB. Wondering if that's what's everyone is getting also? Does anybody have a guide how to setup the internal sharing (SSHFS/NFS/Samba) securely and then pooling them together with mergerFS? Thanks.

@Daniel15 said:

It's very common for hard drive manufacturers (and web hosts) to use decimal bytes where 1000 bytes = 1 KB, 1000 KB = 1 MB, etc. to make the hard drives appear bigger. However, operating systems tend to use binary bytes where 1024 bytes = 1 KB (or "KiB"), 1024 KBs = 1 MB , etc.

However, I would have expected ~2.73 TB, not 2.88 TB.

Also, if you're checking using df -h, the file system itself also has some overhead, and also check if you have a large swap partition (if you installed from an image rather than ISO)

FWIW I was just setting up a 500GB storage VPS in London, and the Debian installer says that the disk is 536.9GB, which is equal to 500.02 GiB.

So I'm not seeing any numbers 'lower' than expected on the 500 GB box. I also ordered a 2TB storage VPS in Chicago but that hasn't been provisioned yet.

As a side note - The package installation part of the Debian installer is running quite a bit faster than I've seen at some other providers. Seems like the disk is quite speedy even on the storage VPSes. Haven't done any benchmarks yet though.

• @insight said:
    Seek some help, you behave like a keyboard warrior with limited vocabulary, then out of nowhere, with no facts... mention "personal responsibility", "blaming others", "apologized", "justify your actions".... about a VPS upgrade...

Seriously seek some help to deal with your frustrations, you are in no condition to help anyone...

lol. You're aware you just misused "..." four times, you can shove your "limited vocabulary" up your ass. Now, go run away, little boy.

• @insight said:

@skorous said:

@insight said: Seriously seek some help to deal with your frustrations, you are in no condition to help anyone...

I could be wrong but I'm reasonably sure he's not interested in helping you. He just wanted you to know he thinks you're a self-important prick. It might be worth your consideration that just because he's vulgar doesn't mean he's incorrect in that opinion.

"I was helping the person in that post"

read definition: to look at words or symbols and understand what they mean.

Yes, you should look up the word "ego" before you respond back with examples unrelated to ego. FFS

Before writing something please think and read, get the context. This is the minimum.

Holy shit. You know YOU'RE the one with reading problems, right? YOU didn't understand the context.

• Hello, I have purchased nvme deal vps for hk 15 dollars per year, can I add 15 dollars to upgrade to 30 dollars per year? :D

• My 3TB LA server was provisioned today (ordered Friday) but was DOA in the grub bootloader. Opened ticket.

• An additional 10% discount applies if you order them in at least two (or more) locations.

In the OP, in the storage section it mentions 10% off if you get at least two in different locations. I got the 3TB via credit deposit and two more flash deals (for storage).

Does anyone know if I'd qualify for 10% off, or both servers needed to be specifically from the credit deposit plans in OP only?

Thanks

• @beeking said:
    Hello, I have purchased nvme deal vps for hk 15 dollars per year, can I add 15 dollars to upgrade to 30 dollars per year? :D

Your math checks out. Oh, were you also wanting more resources or just to pay more for kicks?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

@TimboJones said: Does anyone know if I'd qualify for 10% off, or both servers needed to be specifically from the credit deposit plans in OP only?

Sorry, no 10% discount for you. It was said that both servers needed to be from non flash deals. I can find where hosthatch said it if you wish and edit the post.

@beeking said: Hello, I have purchased nvme deal vps for hk 15 dollars per year, can I add 15 dollars to upgrade to 30 dollars per year?

If I understand you correctly and you purchased an OP non flash deal in HK for delivery by Dec 31st. These deals were said to be upgradeable and you should be able to add $15 to get:

2 CPU core (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB RAID-10 NVMe
    5 TB bandwidth (1 TB in Hong Kong and Sydney)
    $30 per year

Personally I would reply to the original ticket you made for this server after adding $15 to my account.

Note: I do not work for Hosthatch, but I have read the whole thread and these are my understandings of the stated policy.

• I have added funds in time but it looks like I don't pre-order successful, and now these deals are sold out, so what should I do?

edited December 2020

YABS for London 500GB storage:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-11-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu 03 Dec 2020 10:20:55 PM PST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 2999.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987.2 MiB
    Swap       : 1022.0 MiB
    Disk       : 490.2 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 10.30 MB/s    (2.5k) | 139.51 MB/s   (2.1k)
    Write      | 10.32 MB/s    (2.5k) | 140.25 MB/s   (2.1k)
    Total      | 20.63 MB/s    (5.1k) | 279.76 MB/s   (4.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 586.69 MB/s   (1.1k) | 703.00 MB/s    (686)
    Write      | 617.87 MB/s   (1.2k) | 749.82 MB/s    (732)
    Total      | 1.20 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.45 GB/s     (1.4k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 3.90 Gbits/sec  | 979 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.93 Gbits/sec  | 967 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 6.65 Gbits/sec  | 975 Mbits/sec
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 2.61 Mbits/sec  | 24.3 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.49 Gbits/sec  | 937 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 147 Mbits/sec   | 498 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.29 Gbits/sec  | 680 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 598
    Multi Core      | 601
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5146096

Will add IPv6 speed tests once I have an IPv6 address (for some reason it wasn't configured with an IPv6 address upon provisioning)

• @HavoNet said:
    I have added funds in time but it looks like I don't pre-order successful, and now these deals are sold out, so what should I do?

Wait for the next BF deal.

Thanked by 1HavoNet
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@HavoNet said:
    I have added funds in time but it looks like I don't pre-order successful, and now these deals are sold out, so what should I do?

Thanks for donating to HostHatch!

Your contribution goes a long way.

• I’m contact 5 days ago, no reply?

• @HavoNet said:

The sale is over as of Monday at 8:30AM CDT. When did you add the funds?

• @edoarudo5 said:

@HavoNet said:

Wait for the next BF deal.

Thanks for your idea.

• @thedp said:

@HavoNet said:

Thanks for donating to HostHatch!

Your contribution goes a long way.

:(

• @Trav said:

@HavoNet said:

The sale is over as of Monday at 8:30AM CDT. When did you add the funds?

I forget it, but it seems over time.:(

• Gosh, provisioning is so sloooow. Hope that server will work fine.

edited December 2020

@JohnFilch123 said:
    Gosh, provisioning is so sloooow. Hope that server will work fine.

They're probably processing thousands of orders which would take a while to get through if they need to do any manual work at all. Give it some time.

• edited December 2020

@JohnFilch123 said:

It already mentioned before that it is manual provisioning and estimated to take around 7 working days

• @JohnFilch123 said:

its okay, you're not alone, bruh. I am also in queue line. just let them works and makes everything done. 😊

Thanked by 1JohnFilch123
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Looking forward to getting ours provisioned....

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • jokotanjokotan Member
    edited December 2020

50 pages. Done :-)

@JamesF You are not alone. We are all waiting. Not a problem. It was known that we will need to wait

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@hosthatch Is there any near ETA for HongKong location apart from the guaranteed 31st December ?? I meant like, how many days to ship the servers, receive, racking, cabling etc. ?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2020

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    @hosthatch Is there any near ETA for HongKong location apart from the guaranteed 31st December ?? I meant like, how many days to ship the servers, receive, racking, cabling etc. ?

In all honesty... does it matter?!

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@bdl said:

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:

In all honesty... does it matter?!

No, no, that doesn't matter. I'm just more excited :smiley:

Thanked by 1bdl
  • dragonfskydragonfsky Member
    edited December 2020

My annually flash order was cancelled due to communication problems caused by poor English,but the refund was neither returned to paypal nor my balance.I want to know if it will eventually return to paypal.
    At the same time, I plan to place another biennially flash order to replace my cancelled annually flash order,I want to know if this is allowed. <3
    Thanks!

• ticket 506256
    I got a 500g storage plan past year but the annual billing was $30, can u change it to 22$?
    After that, I'll renew it for another year

• jokotanjokotan Member
    edited December 2020

edit: sorry, wrong thread. I'm still refresh it out of habit and choose the wrong window :smiley:

• it seems their LA ipv6 is (partially) down.
    Ping6 from some other providers got icmp Address unreachable from their upstream router AS40676