Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 84
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Xratzh said:
    I cann't upload ISO.Fix ticket #787051 please.

Sorry buddy - this isn't our "write your ticket # here to get your issue immediately resolved" thread. We will get back to you once the customer requests before you have been taken care of.

When will you add Ubuntu 20.04 and Debian 10?

In the next week.

• anyone got his uk 1 tb provisioned?

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

We requested an upgrade on a BF deal seconds after creating the ticket. The upgrade was processed (invoice for the $30), but a couple of days the original was processed and $15 taken...... Confused

• @hosthatch said:

@Xratzh said:
    I cann't upload ISO.Fix ticket #787051 please.

Sorry buddy - this isn't our "write your ticket # here to get your issue immediately resolved" thread. We will get back to you once the customer requests before you have been taken care of.

In the next week.

OK,thank you. ;)

• @brueggus said:

@mirrce said:
    I also have a black Friday bill. I urgently need to know whether I can push to decide whether to pay or not. Thank you

The former has nothing to do with the latter. If you have a bill, you need to pay.

I'd guess if he has a bill, then it has to be from a flash sale, because all other offers where supposed to be credited in before. if the invoice is unpaid, that should have voided the order. same goes if it is for putting in credit for the initially offers - no credit no order.

if he does not want to have the server anyway (which is implied by asking for being able to push), it's probably for the best if he does not cause more work and simply gets it cancelled completely if it isn't paid for yet.

TL;DR; everyone WAIT for the support to respond to your TICKETS. this thread is the wrong place anyway to sort through what appears to be 'issues' you caused yourself by not reading the thread or at least all of @hosthatchs comments on it (e.g. profile comment history)

• Wish 10tb or other storage offers at LAX appear again.

• @JamesF said:
    We requested an upgrade on a BF deal seconds after creating the ticket. The upgrade was processed (invoice for the $30), but a couple of days the original was processed and $15 taken...... Confused

Youre a provider yourself according to your profile. This cant be that hard. Create a ticket, wait until it gets answered. If it was a mistake it will get fixed.

@hosthatch said:

In the next week.

Awesome. Nice!

• @hosthatch said: In the next week.

Delicious...

@JamesF said:

Sorry I have no idea what you mean by 'upgrade on a BF deal' and what is 'the original'. So I am confused just like you.

Please open a ticket if you have any questions, you will likely hear back in a few days if it's related to upgrades of previous plans, but we will get it done for you.

Thanked by 2benj0x JamesF

Yesterday I was going to make a funny post and say....

"hey guys - not sensing as much negativity and strange questions as in the past few days, maybe its time to start hating on the font that we use on our website or something?"

That joke is no longer valid today....

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Order no. 3950752² , please double my... oh, wrong provider.

• @hosthatch you remember your ping-pong statement regarding upgrading > @hosthatch said:

@davi said:

@hosthatch said:

@icepic said:

@hosthatch said: Existing customers from the past two years' Black Friday deals can upgrade to these plans. Just send in a ticket. We love you.

And I want to know: is there possible to reduce the price? Because my storage plan was 48$(Black Friday 2018) and for now is $40(specification is the same).

No. And I believe someone asked this earlier - this applies only for Storage VMs. Not NVMe plans. If you would like to change from your earlier NVMe plan to a new one - please order a new VM.

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to calculate NVMe capacity otherwise due to the sheer volume involved and we would very much like to meet our ETAs.

@hosthatch Please do not confuse customer with ping-pong statement. Please check your statement at https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3160594#Comment_3160636 where you clearly said "Yes you can upgrade, just open a ticket" to my question "If I have last year NVMe deal, Can I upgrade to this year offer or I have to order now and cancel old one" And I have created ticket for this #503335. Now should I close that ticket and ask for new VPS or not.

Sorry, that is my bad. You're right.

We will honor the upgrades that were requested before 15:30 CET today. Any requested upgrades after that - no.

The deals have expired now.

Please wait for 23:00 CET today. We will have some deals up for about 60 minutes - and than that will be all from us for this sales season.

@hosthatch I have send you PM which you have not replied regarding this and on my support ticket [Ticket ID: 503335] it said that is it not possible. Please check.

• @brueggus said:
    Order no. 3950752² , please double my... oh, wrong provider.

Thanks for your business with us.

Thanked by 2brueggus ninja1337

@davi said:
    @hosthatch I have send you PM which you have not replied regarding this and on my support ticket [Ticket ID: 503335] it said that is it not possible. Please check.

If your upgrade was requested before 15:30 CET on Monday, we will process it. If someone told you no in your ticket, please refer them to this comment, or the one in your quote, and then wait. Thank you.

Thanked by 2the_doctor underd0g
  • @tridinebandim said:
    anyone got his uk 1 tb provisioned?

Not yet. Now it's the 5th working day. There are still 2 working days to be patient ;)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:

"hey guys - not sensing as much negativity and strange questions as in the past few days, maybe its time to start hating on the font that we use on our website or something?"

hahaha, I was thinking the same. back to square one. also brace for impact during the weekend, because the people don't understand what a 'working day' is 🤷‍♂️

@hosthatch said:

@JamesF said:

Sorry I have no idea what you mean by 'upgrade on a BF deal' and what is 'the original'. So I am confused just like you.

He most likely ordered something, then decided a moment later he wanted to have something bigger instead and put in a second request. now most likely both got invoiced for...

unclear if he opened two different tickets though or just commented on the initial one.

Thanked by 2hosthatch JamesF
  • Better close this thread @hosthatch 😂 or else people start will spam this thread.

Is this a forum or ticket house. 😣

I've considered asking @FAT32 if that would be possible.

But then we'll have 5 new threads about "i have ipv6 issue", "my ip dont ping", "why my friend got server but mine is still pending", "what is the meaning of life and why do we exist?" etc.

So once we have all the servers delivered (hopefully sooner than later), I will request the mods to close it - if they would be willing to of course.

• Anyone have experience with the 8GB 2 Core NVME Server from @hosthatch in combination with proxmox ? Hopefully the CPU fit the power from windows and linux VM in proxmox :D One question @hosthatch can we upgrade the CPU with more cores ?

edited December 2020

@Falzo

just to clear up (not moaning, but confused) all in 1 ticket

4days ago:
    The original ticket was for the 1 core/2gb in UK

Then I asked would it be possible to upgrade it to the 2 core /8gb

$30 taken
    order acknowledged (assumed yes) pending vps showing in services.

1 days ago
    $15 taken
    order acknowledged another pending vps in services

1 day ago... I asked if this was correct... ???

Thanked by 1Falzo

@JamesF said:

1 day ago... I asked if this was correct... ???

Definitely something that would be confusing, I agree, and a completely fair concern you have there. But all you can do is wait for us to reply to your ticket - after we've replied to everyone before you, since @Falzo like has no idea what your case looks like, and I don't either

Thanked by 3Falzo JamesF the_doctor
  • @hosthatch said:
    I've considered asking @FAT32 if that would be possible.

But then we'll have 5 new threads about "i have ipv6 issue", "my ip dont ping", "why my friend got server but mine is still pending", "what is the meaning of life and why do we exist?" etc.

I was thinking of something worse,

"OMG, HH has closed his thread when my VPS is still not provisioned! He's run away with my damn money!"

"Is he banned due to fraud???"

Yeah!!! I bet he'd rather be banned for now so he would have much more time to concentrate on dealing with current orders and tickets, rather than keeping an eye on this thread now and then.

• Started using mine as a seedbox. Good BW. Able to reach 20-30+ MB/s download on peak. Was expecting more due to the YABS results being posted here but I guess it's also dependent on where the swarms are located. Plus this is already way better than my previous dedicated server.

@hosthatch just curious do you guys throttle to 100-200 Mbps when you see increase in speed for a long time? like 15 mins of downloading at 500 Mbps?

@hosthatch

No Problem, will do :smile:

edited December 2020

@CjayVPS said:
    Anyone have experience with the 8GB 2 Core NVME Server from @hosthatch in combination with proxmox ? Hopefully the CPU fit the power from windows and linux VM in proxmox

You're welcome to try. Remember that we're going to be extremely strict with abuse when it's repeated, especially since dedicated limits are included in the advertisement and you may conveniently try and ignore them.

And then the end result will be that you might end up losing the rest of your 11 months of service with no refund when you decide to ignore everything we advertise. You will come here on LET and complain how what we did was so unfair by charging 12 months and cancelling early, and some people might agree with you, but we will enforce our terms regardless of what you might think is 'friendly behavior' or not :)

In most cases, we will give you a couple friendly warnings, and if you continue to abuse the CPU, we will limit you to the dedicated limit that you paid for - and that will be for the rest of the life of that VM.

@yolo_me said: Started using mine as a seedbox

Yes that's going to end very well.

I will be using ours for Jet backups only :) and a support software package :smile:

• @hosthatch
    What happens if I cancel a server and select cancellation type immediate besides deleting the server? Will remaining time I have paid for the server be converted to funds and added to the account?

I have a server that I may have no longer use for and want to convert it to funds that I can use for paying my next invoice rather than let it idle.

• Hi @hosthatch,

Have you considered Iceland as one of your locations? I'm asking because you are adding various locations considered exotic by many, and Iceland surely is one such location. Many privacy-oriented services are choosing Iceland for storing their data. A few examples, Vivaldi, 1984, and CTemplar.

I've seen IPs of AdvaniaDC (Thor Data Center) a lot in Whois. They look like a popular choice there, but you would know better about DCs and Networks.

If you ever had a thread about suggestions for a new location, my choice would've been Iceland.

• tetechtetech Member
    edited December 2020

@CjayVPS said:
    One question @hosthatch can we upgrade the CPU with more cores ?

This was asked before and the answer was that you can combine/stack multiple plans (except for the flash sales). So if you had 2x 8GB subscriptions in the same location you could combine/merge them into a 16GB. But outside this you cannot pick a la carte upgrades.

That is my understanding of the previous answer.

• @hosthatch said:

BTW, there's some graphical glitch on the login screen, the "Password" string remains in the field after the browser's autofill has kicked in, this is clearly outrageous and unbearable, please refund or I'll sue