Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 79
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

@jfyhf said:
    I've purchased 15 VMs the day before yesterday and still waiting the info
    Ticket #147268
    Thanks HostHatch for the sales
    @hosthatch

Congratulations on your first post.

HH wrote that it takes 7 days minimum - please be patient.

• @CjayVPS said:
    In other words, has anyone already received an answer on the ticket or at least had the server entered after they received the ticket ? I don't mean the final delivery but only that at least the server is in the list. Please share screenshots.

U will receive sth like this 32bit for 16gb ram lol

• @JohnG said:
    I only got the 2 TB but I plan to do 1) Nextcloud and 2) offsite backup for my home computers.

Host has not yet hatched though. Still incubating.

Backup through NextCloud or another way? Also, complete and/or incremental backups?

• @user123 said:
    Backup through NextCloud or another way? Also, complete and/or incremental backups?

I’m a Mac shop, so I was going to try to set it up as a Time Machine volume so the OS can do its regular full and incremental backups. Netatalk etc. If I can’t get that working I’ll figure something out that is more brute force.

Thanked by 1user123
  • @JohnG said:
    I’m a Mac shop, so I was going to try to set it up as a Time Machine volume so the OS can do its regular full and incremental backups. Netatalk etc. If I can’t get that working I’ll figure something out that is more brute force.

Does Nextcloud offer Time Machine support?

• @JohnG said:

@user123 said:

Cool! If you end up going a non-Time Machine route, please drop a comment to let us/me know what you chose :). I know a couple Macbook users who I would like to help get set up automated backups, but I don't use a Mac and am fairly ignorant when it comes to them.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

anyone know what are the working hours are at HH?

• Black Friday last year I buy 1 TB usable storage $40. This year's black Friday I buy 1 TB usable storage $30. I don't want to take time to transfer data, can retain the black Friday last year to buy 1 TB usable storage, and change the bill to $30 each year, thank you

• @sucheng046 said:
    Black Friday last year I buy 1 TB usable storage $40. This year's black Friday I buy 1 TB usable storage $30. I don't want to take time to transfer data, can retain the black Friday last year to buy 1 TB usable storage, and change the bill to $30 each year, thank you

No

• the_doctorthe_doctor Member
    edited December 2020

deleted

• @sucheng046 said:
    Black Friday last year I buy 1 TB usable storage $40. This year's black Friday I buy 1 TB usable storage $30. I don't want to take time to transfer data, can retain the black Friday last year to buy 1 TB usable storage, and change the bill to $30 each year, thank you

@hosthatch

• @sucheng046 said:

@sucheng046 said:

@hosthatch

Why not create a ticket and give them a couple weeks to respond, like everyone else?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @the_doctor said:

@sucheng046 said:

@sucheng046 said:

@hosthatch

Why not create a ticket and give them a couple weeks to respond, like everyone else?

Thank you, but I don't know much about it

• SnachoSnacho Member
    edited December 2020

@CjayVPS said:
    In other words, has anyone already received an answer on the ticket or at least had the server entered after they received the ticket ? I don't mean the final delivery but only that at least the server is in the list. Please share screenshots.

All "simple" server requests were moved to "finailizing" for me. But custom storage boxes that are available in the OP post are not. I suppose they will take some extra time.

• @Snacho said:

@CjayVPS said:

All "simple" server requests were moved for me. But custom storage boxes that are available in the OP post are not. I suppose they will take some extra time.

So far, Ive had two of my 18 VMs provisioned. The 3TB box from the OP was one of them. I think its random which get provisioned when :smiley:

• @MagicalTrain said:

@Snacho said:

@CjayVPS said:

All "simple" server requests were moved for me. But custom storage boxes that are available in the OP post are not. I suppose they will take some extra time.

So far, Ive had two of my 18 VMs provisioned. The 3TB box from the OP was one of them. I think its random which get provisioned when :smiley:

@hosthatch - provisioning is done automatically? or some staff handles them one by one?

• @default said: some staff handles them one by one?

It is manual labor with them. Slow and pretty limited. But, taking money is automated. Good news.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2020

@LTniger said:

@default said: some staff handles them one by one?

It is manual labor with them. Slow and pretty limited. But, taking money is automated. Good news.

I believe: servers are not configured automatically in data center, RAID is not done automatically, and there is no robot to connect fiber optics in data center.

My question was if someone provisions these VPS manually in WHMCS, or is done automatically (because these are not dedicated servers).

• @default said:

@LTniger said:

I believe: servers are not configured automatically in data center, RAID is not done automatically, and there is no robot to connect fiber optics in data center.

My question was if someone provisions these VPS manually in WHMCS, or is done automatically (because these are not dedicated servers).

From OP:

All special orders are manually provisioned on working days only. We require up to 7 working days to provision these so please be patient.

• after four days (from friday) i received my two ordered servers.
    great performance upgrade debian was really quick. great bandwidth.

unfortunately the swiss servers only have one nederland (country assignment) ip.
    I can't do anything with the servers.

• @chitypo said: I can't do anything with the servers.

Sell them on LET.

• @chitypo said:
    after four days (from friday) i received my two ordered servers.

unfortunately the swiss servers only have one nederland (country assignment) ip.

You can't trust the IP databases always. Check multiple sources. Why can't you do anything with them?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I want to ask a question about the discount, there have been too many comments and I don't think I've seen anything about the discount, I'm an existing user and I puchased a new server through ticket, but the checkout is fully debited and there is no 10% discount, will someone take care of this discount?
    Also, is this offer recurring?
    It would be nice if someone would answer, they are very busy now and I don't want to open a ticket.

• @chitypo said:

Try it at https://ipinfo.io. My Zürich server shows as Zürich. Seems to have been updated recently and that stuff takes a while to get reflected.

Thanked by 2the_doctor vimalware
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

[@default said]
    @hosthatch - provisioning is done automatically? or some staff handles them one by one?

The final provisioning is pretty much a simple click on our side - but we do it in small, careful batches so we can monitor abuse.

Anything you order from hosthatch.com directly is completely automated and has no human interaction required.

@default said:
    I think if @hosthatch would have given all these offers for free, with delivery in 10 business days, people would still find reasons to complain.

Therefore, the best business model is for @hosthatch to give everything for free, with delivery in 10 business days, and pay everybody as apology for this delay in provisioning. Maybe then customers will be happy.

Pretty much felt like this after just opening the thread and reading some comments.

@thole said:
    U will receive sth like this 32bit for 16gb ram lol

It takes a couple of clicks to change OS.

@Whoa said:

I feel ya ... one of my servers was delivered, but looks like incorrectly provisioned (unreachable).

Just ticket in and we’ll fix it for you :)

@JamesF said:
    anyone know what are the working hours are at HH?

We have at least one person on duty 24 hours a day.

@chitypo said:

ip geolocation should be fixed in the coming week or so.

@LTniger said:

Enjoy your instantly provisioned 25% CPU steal, 100 Mbps network, 20MB/s sequential write and some iowait sprinkled on top from some other providers :)

• @hosthatch Sorry to do it this way but I can't install anything from your default ISO list as they're all outdated :/ There's an ISO upload problem I've ticketed with the ID #774441, but it's still the same on Amsterdam. Can you maybe take a look at it?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@berkay said:
    @hosthatch Sorry to do it this way but I can't install anything from your default ISO list as they're all outdated :/ There's an ISO upload problem I've ticketed with the ID #774441, but it's still the same on Amsterdam. Can you maybe take a look at it?

I can’t look into it, sorry, please wait for support to get back to you.

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • WhoaWhoa Member
    edited December 2020

@hosthatch said:
    @Whoa said:

I feel ya ... one of my servers was delivered, but looks like incorrectly provisioned (unreachable).

Just ticket in and we’ll fix it for you

Had already created a support ticket. ( #856118 ) :)

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • @hosthatch said:

@berkay said:
    @hosthatch Sorry to do it this way but I can't install anything from your default ISO list as they're all outdated :/ There's an ISO upload problem I've ticketed with the ID #774441, but it's still the same on Amsterdam. Can you maybe take a look at it?

I can’t look into it, sorry, please wait for support to get back to you.

Alright, thanks.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • you don't see my ticket @hosthatch ? i have request order but not receive answer ticket ?