Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 136
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@icez said: I just request for ipv6 in tech department and it was handled within a few hours.

Just curious, which location?

• @icez said:
    seems like the ticket in sales department got very low priority. I just request for ipv6 in tech department and it was handled within a few hours.

Easy tickets like IPv6 requests can likely be handled by outsourced / level 1 support.

• I hope there's status page so that we don't submit tickets when there are 5 servers down. or even one.

• @thedp said:
    Just curious, which location?

I also request IPv6 and ticket answered in a couple hours. Location is AMS.

• @thedp said: Just curious, which location?

>

all locations except hkg -- not available yet & syd -- vm not deployed yet

Thanks everyone for your responses <3

• @Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

I don't really think they have things set up for BGP. Archive.org shows that BGP has been an option since at least 2018, but according to RIPEstat the only downstream they ever had was AS43969, which is not visible in the DFZ now. Currently they don't have any downstreams.

Thanked by 2webcraft Unixfy
  • @lowendboi said:

@Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

I don't really think they have things set up for BGP. Archive.org shows that BGP has been an option since at least 2018, but according to RIPEstat the only downstream they ever had was AS43969, which is not visible in the DFZ now. Currently they don't have any downstreams.

this company is always giving hope and over promising customers

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @icez said: seems like the ticket in sales department got very low priority. I just request for ipv6 in tech department and it was handled within a few hours.

I opened my ticket in the tech department too :/

@snt said: this company is always giving hope and over promising customers

The lack of communication makes it worse.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @Unixfy said:

@icez said: seems like the ticket in sales department got very low priority. I just request for ipv6 in tech department and it was handled within a few hours.

I opened my ticket in the tech department too :/

@snt said: this company is always giving hope and over promising customers

The lack of communication makes it worse.

Unfortunately no disciplinary actions can be taken against hosts here and the best thing to do if you are not happy is just move to another host :) Maybe a one man army host can provide quicker support and communicate better ;)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @flawsome said: Unfortunately no disciplinary actions can be taken against hosts here and the best thing to do if you are not happy is just move to another host Maybe a one man army host can provide quicker support and communicate better

Fair! Though, I'd think most hosts would see a complaint on LET as being bad enough. Plus I already paid for a year of service.

• @Unixfy said:
    Fair! Though, I'd think most hosts would see a complaint on LET as being bad enough. Plus I already paid for a year of service.

I've written them a half dozen times for my VPS's and they've always responded within 48 hours. Sounds very strange they wouldn't reply in 45 days, are you sure you addressed it to technical support?

@the_doctor said:

@Unixfy said:

I've written them a half dozen times for my VPS's and they've always responded within 48 hours. Sounds very strange they wouldn't reply in 45 days, are you sure you addressed it to technical support?

Perhaps response time varies depending on request or issue.

Thanked by 1hosthatch
  • May we get some screenshots?

• @default said: May we get some screenshots?

Sure: https://share.unixfy.net/otxku3jl.png

Thanked by 1lowendboi
  • @thedp said: Perhaps response time varies depending on request or issue.

>
    True, yesterday my server was shutdown for urgent update, i received an email from HH around 30 mins after that without creating any tickets and it's back online after 1 hour as explained in the email!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2021

@lowendboi said: . Archive.org shows that BGP has been an option since at least 2018

No it hasn't. And still is not. Not sure if you and me are seeing different things, but our website now is as it was in 2018 for the most part. I don't see BGP sessions being offered even now on the website.

--
    The BGP sessions were indeed delayed. We'll start doing those over this weekend and will be finished during the coming week. I am truly sorry for the delayed timelines here.

If you have a ticket open for it, then it will get updated once we have an update for you. Please open a separate ticket if you want IPv6 (or if you want to ask how we are doing or anything else - you will get a response on your second request separately)....but trying to make it sound like all of your requests are ignored for 45 days is a bit of a stretch. There is always someone on duty. The response time also depends on what your issue is.

If you ever open an emergency ticket - you will get an almost immediate response on it (if it actually is an emergency).

• And what about vps deployment? Still not finished for Sydney according to some comments.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @hosthatch said:

No it hasn't. And still is not. Not sure if you and me are seeing different things, but our website now is as it was in 2018 for the most part. I don't see BGP sessions being offered even now on the website.

Ah, I assumed that by "you can announce your own IP space," it meant that customers would be able to control their announcements via BGP, but it's not the case. But anyways, I appreciate your update, but it would be great if the delay was communicated earlier via tickets (you don't even have to do it publicly). Like other people, I'm not in a rush nor am I losing millions from the delay, but I do expect some kind of update when the original timeframes pass. It's sometimes frustrating when you are prepaying the entire year and the feature that you expressly bought the servers for isn't working with no updates from the provider.

• As @hosthatch said. My ticket was just a ipv6 request. No bgp request yet. (I'll create a separate ticket).

• I'm still waiting for my BF servers, 4 new servers, 2 storage upgrades. Don't know if I should just be patient. I hope I didn't do something wrong and messed it all up :/ .

@Centaur said:
    I'm still waiting for my BF servers, 4 new servers, 2 storage upgrades. Don't know if I should just be patient. I hope I didn't do something wrong and messed it all up :/ .

hosthatch said: There is always someone on duty

So just hang in there :D

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I've got all of mine now except for Sydney, which is still pending. Looking forward to getting the VPS in Sydney and comparing it to the other providers I use in Australia :smiley:

• any experience about billing depertment ? after one week no answer, i had to ask again at least a tiny answer would be nice. "eg. we are working on it? hold on, hold tight, i see you, we will not answer this question"

• @tridinebandim said:
    any experience about billing depertment ? after one week no answer, i had to ask again at least a tiny answer would be nice. "eg. we are working on it? hold on, hold tight, i see you, we will not answer this question"

Tech dept., I have old tickets of at least two weeks with no response. Template invalid so machine reinstall failed.

Billing dept., I have even older tickets about three weeks ago, but one recent ticket un-handled was 12 days ago concerning a wrong billing(machine due date extended but the next round invoice still paid automatically ahead of time and I want that corrected before the 2nd due date).

• today anniversary, a month ago I got the message :)
    "Hello,

Thank you for your order. This is just an acknowledgment response and you will receive a new email from us once your server is delivered. Your billing date will start from the day that your server is delivered.

Please note that the lead time is up to 7 business days except Hong Kong, Milan and Madrid which will be provisioned by December 31st.

Please do not reply to this message or open new tickets asking for an exact ETA. We are dealing with a very high number of customer inquiries at the moment and such tickets will only delay the process. Thanks for your patience! "
    Location Warsaw, server status in their panel still finalizing ... :(

• @qmesso said:
    today anniversary, a month ago I got the message :)
    "Hello,

Thank you for your order. This is just an acknowledgment response and you will receive a new email from us once your server is delivered. Your billing date will start from the day that your server is delivered.

Please note that the lead time is up to 7 business days except Hong Kong, Milan and Madrid which will be provisioned by December 31st.

Please do not reply to this message or open new tickets asking for an exact ETA. We are dealing with a very high number of customer inquiries at the moment and such tickets will only delay the process. Thanks for your patience! "
    Location Warsaw, server status in their panel still finalizing ... :(

You need better anniversaries to celebrate.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • is @hosthatch serious ? I placed an order almost 24 h ago, payed with paypal but it didnt get activated, i've open a ticket, no replay to it... on there website its says instant server setup and 24/7 support.... any ideea how I could get in contact to them ?

• @cold said:
    is @hosthatch serious ?

each day less serious :/

Thanked by 2webcraft cold
  • @cold said:
    is @hosthatch serious ? I placed an order almost 24 h ago, payed with paypal but it didnt get activated, i've open a ticket, no replay to it... on there website its says instant server setup and 24/7 support.... any ideea how I could get in contact to them ?

"Support" and "sales" is not the same thing. Sales on most LET providers means Monday-Friday. If you got sent for fraud check then it means it needs to be manually looked at. This is not unique to HostHatch, so maybe relax.

Thanked by 1cold