Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 137
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@tetech said:

@cold said:
    is @hosthatch serious ? I placed an order almost 24 h ago, payed with paypal but it didnt get activated, i've open a ticket, no replay to it... on there website its says instant server setup and 24/7 support.... any ideea how I could get in contact to them ?

"Support" and "sales" is not the same thing. Sales on most LET providers means Monday-Friday. If you got sent for fraud check then it means it needs to be manually looked at. This is not unique to HostHatch, so maybe relax.

I have already shared with him the link where the deal was posted, on a separate thread.

hosthatch said: 7 business days after payment - for delivery.

Thanked by 1cold
  • @thedp said:

@tetech said:

@cold said:
    is @hosthatch serious ? I placed an order almost 24 h ago, payed with paypal but it didnt get activated, i've open a ticket, no replay to it... on there website its says instant server setup and 24/7 support.... any ideea how I could get in contact to them ?

"Support" and "sales" is not the same thing. Sales on most LET providers means Monday-Friday. If you got sent for fraud check then it means it needs to be manually looked at. This is not unique to HostHatch, so maybe relax.

I have already shared with him the link where the deal was posted, on a separate thread.

hosthatch said: 7 business days after payment - for delivery.

thanks for the info i saw just now. cheers

Is anyone else experiencing this?

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@thedp said:

Yes, same here. No access. Anybody who has a server can confirm they're still up? Downtime (of administration panel with vital functionality such as vnc) without prior notice is poor.

@webcraft said:

@thedp said:

Yes, same here. No access. Anybody who has a server can confirm they're still up? Downtime (of administration panel with vital functionality such as vnc) without prior notice is poor.

Servers are fine - it's just the panel I suppose.

I hope it's a surprise that when it's fixed, whatever that's pending is done/completed :joy:

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @webcraft said:

yes servers are up and running without interruption. seems just something borked with their client panel :/

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @thedp said:
    I hope it's a surprise that when it's fixed, whatever that's pending is done/completed :joy:

ISO import manager.. :sweat_smile: or completely off solusvm or just the missing location flags? Who knows. :joy:

• jokotanjokotan Member
    edited January 2021

@Centaur said:
    I'm still waiting for my BF servers, 4 new servers, 2 storage upgrades. Don't know if I should just be patient. I hope I didn't do something wrong and messed it all up :/ .

I'm in the same situation. I thought my ticket was lost. Any short reply would be nice to get. But since I'm not alone... it's ok.

There was some questions in the ticket still without answers and mention that it's low priority servers for me.

• @webcraft said:

@thedp said:

ISO import manager.. :sweat_smile: or completely off solusvm or just the missing location flags? Who knows. :joy:

Appears to have been fixed and it was not the country flag. :tongue:

• @buzzyLET said:
    Hi everyone, is there a trick to doing ISO installs? A friend of mine was able to do it no problem but I haven't had any luck. I've been mounting the ISO (ubuntu 20), selecting ISO in the boot order, stopping the server, starting back up, and then looking at the VNC console. When I'm in there it always says there is no disc found, even though I've been mounting it. Is there any trick to this that I'm missing? I've done it several times slightly differently and I never got it to see the ISO being mounted.

@hosthatch I opened a ticket about this 5 days ago with no response..I can't use any ISOs in the panel (always says disk not found, no matter what Iso I mount or boot order or iterations of stopping/restarting server), and the install templates are not only not modern (no ubuntu 20) but have the above mentioned issue where you have to manually run a resize command to get the full disk space.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@buzzyLET said:
    I can't use any ISOs in the panel (always says disk not found, no matter what Iso I mount or boot order or iterations of stopping/restarting server), and the install templates are not only not modern (no ubuntu 20) but have the above mentioned issue where you have to manually run a resize command to get the full disk space.

This is an issue for quite some time already. Not sure if this ever gonna get fixed (I mean the templates are outdated for at least a year and the first complaint about iso installer popped up shortly after BF afaik).

• @webcraft said:

@buzzyLET said:
    I can't use any ISOs in the panel (always says disk not found, no matter what Iso I mount or boot order or iterations of stopping/restarting server), and the install templates are not only not modern (no ubuntu 20) but have the above mentioned issue where you have to manually run a resize command to get the full disk space.

This is an issue for quite some time already. Not sure if this ever gonna get fixed (I mean the templates are outdated for at least a year and the first complaint about iso installer popped up shortly after BF afaik).

A friend of mine who got the 60 dollar a year package was able to use the ISO to install Ubuntu 20 no problem and I saw someone else in here having the issue with the template not allocating the disk space correctly after using that same ISO, so I know some people have been able to use the ISO loader. I'm not expecting the templates to be fixed but not having any way to load an ISO is a dealbreaker to me and I know it's working on some accounts...if there's a "trick" to it that I'm missing I'd love to hear it but my friend said while he got the error a few times he was able to get the ISO to load eventually.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2021

@hosthatch been waiting with patience. But can you pl look into ticket #900180 Thanks.

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member
    edited January 2021

@vyas11 said:
    @hosthatch been waiting with patience. But can you pl look into ticket #900180 Thanks.

and mine, @hosthatch , pls look into tickets #104696 (about extra invoice), #232183 (invalid template), #682752 and #701821 (about two christmas plans)

• @aRNoLD said:

@vyas11 said:

and mine, @hosthatch , pls look into tickets #104696 (about extra invoice), #232183 (invalid template), #682752 and #701821 (about two christmas plans)

@vyas11 said:

i think these posts will be unanswered

• @qmesso said:

@vyas11 said:

i think these posts will be unanswered

I am okay with the post not getting answered here- as long as the ticket is answered on HH site.

Well let’s just assume, only 1 person officially represents HH on these forums, and that’s Abdullah, only 1 person is working on all these tickets, sometimes 2 (you probably know who they are), so yeah, it will take some time for them to work and respond to the tickets.

• @thedp said:
    Well let’s just assume, only 1 person officially represents HH on these forums, and that’s Abdullah, only 1 person is working on all these tickets, sometimes 2 (you probably know who they are), so yeah, it will take some time for them to work and respond to the tickets.

You can ofc gloss over the whole situation but if people can't understand why it takes a quarter to deliver their service, it is understandable I suppose.

@webcraft said:

@thedp said:

You can ofc gloss over the whole situation but if people can't understand why it takes a quarter to deliver their service, it is understandable I suppose.

I understand of course, I have tickets too and I also have the undeployed node in Sydney but yeah there are no buttons to push to get things expedited/escalated.

• I recall reading there is an emergency ticket feature, but it is for exactly what the word means. Emergency

@vyas11 said:
    I recall reading there is an emergency ticket feature, but it is for exactly what the word means. Emergency

Exactly, so if it's not an emergency, everyone has no choice but to wait :D

• @vyas11 said:
    I recall reading there is an emergency ticket feature, but it is for exactly what the word means. Emergency

Yes but if non-emergency request are not answered this doesn't help either. No reason to spam the emergency option, however, regular request should be answered within a reasonable timeframe though.

• MilonMilon Member
    edited January 2021

Is everything good with hh network? I can not load some sites. For example duckduckgo not responding, and it's not possible to ping it from the server. reddit also have issues time to time. And other sites not load. Probably users are also experiencing access problems to servers?

• Hello,
    The support will be delayed by 24 hours times the number of tickets posted here by the user.
    Thank you for using LET Support.

• I just noticed my Sydney server from the Black Friday new locations bundle has been provisioned!

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@cablepick said:
    I just noticed my Sydney server from the Black Friday new locations bundle has been provisioned!

Praise the lord! And it even has a flag in the client panel.

Thanked by 1webcraft

@brueggus said:

@cablepick said:
    I just noticed my Sydney server from the Black Friday new locations bundle has been provisioned!

Yes, I think only the Spanish and Italian flags are missing 😂

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited January 2021

@thedp said:

@brueggus said:

@cablepick said:

Yes, I think only the Spanish and Italian flags are missing 😂

' + Poland

@hosthatch I'll leave these here for you... just in case...

Thanked by 2webcraft hosthatch
  • Sydney

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Tue 19 Jan 2021 06:54:18 PM EST

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3000.030 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 987.2 MiB
    Swap       : 128.0 MiB
    Disk       : 9.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 184.72 MB/s  (46.1k) | 1.73 GB/s    (27.1k)
    Write      | 185.21 MB/s  (46.3k) | 1.74 GB/s    (27.2k)
    Total      | 369.93 MB/s  (92.4k) | 3.48 GB/s    (54.4k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 2.64 GB/s     (5.1k) | 2.73 GB/s     (2.6k)
    Write      | 2.78 GB/s     (5.4k) | 2.92 GB/s     (2.8k)
    Total      | 5.42 GB/s    (10.5k) | 5.66 GB/s     (5.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 529 Mbits/sec   | 273 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 353 Mbits/sec   | 169 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 464 Mbits/sec   | 97.7 Mbits/sec 
    Biznet          | Jakarta, Indonesia (1G)   | 630 Mbits/sec   | 330 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 587 Mbits/sec   | 254 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 562 Mbits/sec   | 276 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 627 Mbits/sec   | 371 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | busy           

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 622                           
    Multi Core      | 629                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5989655

• Same here. Sydney got provisioned sometime within the last few hours.