Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide - Page 135
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2020 - NVMe and Storage deals - deploy worldwide

Comments

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@jon617 said:
    Maybe you have different upgrade options than me. My "Promotional Package NVMe" has no add-ons/upgrades displayed on my control panel, except "buy more bandwidth" under the Bandwidth menu.

It appears to be a bug. Apparently, only the 8GB Servers in Zurich can add a DDoS-protected IP (no other packages). You can test yourself by adding a new server within their panel and select the 8GB RAM plan for KVM (walk through until last stept before purchase). Unfortunately, I don't have the plan you mentioned with them so cannot tell if this works.

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited January 2021

Guys, something weird going on with some of my 2GB ram/20GB disk servers and don't want to bother support with it.
    Installed ubuntu 18, was going to update to ubuntu 20 and ran out of space:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev            986M     0  986M   0% /dev
    tmpfs           200M  2.5M  197M   2% /run
    /dev/vda1       1.9G  1.2G  579M  68% /
    tmpfs           997M     0  997M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs           997M     0  997M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           200M     0  200M   0% /run/user/0

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on?

• notarobonotarobo Member
    edited January 2021

@luissousa said:
    Guys, something weird going on with some of my 2GB ram/20GB disk servers and don't want to bother support with it.

maybe template wrong (install as 2GB disk) or VPS make wrong (2gb hdd)

try other template

• opshkopshk Member
    edited January 2021

@luissousa said:

I run into the same issue before, try
    sudo resize2fs /dev/vda

Thanked by 2the_doctor buzzyLET
  • SP7SP7 Member

@luissousa said:

Ubuntu 18.04 only allocates 2G of space. It's the same for me.
    And Ubuntu 20.04 has some weird glitches where it sometimes doesn't let me connect via SSH. Just stick to Debian for now until it gets fixed.

• @opshk said:

@luissousa said:

I run into the same issue before, try
    sudo resize2fs /dev/vda

That failed but sudo resize2fs /dev/vda1 worked! Thanks :D

Thanked by 2the_doctor buzzyLET
  • That resize should be done on a first boot script in the templates. I don't know why providers don't do the little things that prevent a lot of hassle and issues.

Thanked by 2webcraft DP
  • @TimboJones said:
    That resize should be done on a first boot script in the templates. I don't know why providers don't do the little things that prevent a lot of hassle and issues.

The default of disk is ok, the problem happened when he tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04.

I got the same problem like him, when I upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 the system asked me choose the partition to install Boot Loader (I forgot the exactly words). Then I've chosen /dev/vda1 instead of /dev/vda

Run command

sudo resize2fs /dev/vda1

will fix the problem.

• @TimboJones said:
    That resize should be done on a first boot script in the templates. I don't know why providers don't do the little things that prevent a lot of hassle and issues.

Hetzner Cloud does this, and I agree it should be "best practice."

But recently, I needed to shrink a partition on a Hetzner Cloud VM. I did this by booting into a rescue environment and making the change there. However, every time I booted up the VM normally, it would resize the partition back to the maximum. It took a few cycles before I realized what was going on. Thought I was going crazy... :smiley:

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited January 2021

@webmasteroffers said:

@TimboJones said:

The default of disk is ok, the problem happened when he tried to upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04.

I got the same problem like him, when I upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 the system asked me choose the partition to install Boot Loader (I forgot the exactly words). Then I've chosen /dev/vda1 instead of /dev/vda

Run command

sudo resize2fs /dev/vda1

will fix the problem.

No, the default is not ok. It's lazy and puts this requirement on the customer who isn't aware of this until problem occurred. Totally avoidable.

• @TimboJones said:

@webmasteroffers said:

@TimboJones said:

Run command

sudo resize2fs /dev/vda1

will fix the problem.

No, the default is not ok. It's lazy and puts this requirement on the customer who isn't aware of this until problem occurred. Totally avoidable.

Yeah, it wasn't only when updating, I actually reinstalled a few times and always had it wrong, but it's fixed now 😊

• The OVZ OS templates seem to be separated from the control panel. No way to reinstall the new system. It has been long and not yet fixed. I've send a ticket to remind them but with no response.

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited January 2021

@aRNoLD said:
    The OVZ OS templates seem to be separated from the control panel. No way to reinstall the new system. It has been long and not yet fixed. I've send a ticket to remind them but with no response.

Yes, they're not very responsive in last time.. so many outstanding things. If you have a working service, the service is good though.

• @add_iT said:
    @hosthatch IPv6 in Sydney still not work (Destination unreachable: Address unreachable)

I think the description in the management panel is wrong. Switching gateway to 2406:ef80:100::1 and netmask to 40 fixed it for me.

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@webcraft said:

@aRNoLD said:
    The OVZ OS templates seem to be separated from the control panel. No way to reinstall the new system. It has been long and not yet fixed. I've send a ticket to remind them but with no response.

Yes, they're not very responsive in last time.. so many outstanding things. If you have a working service, the service is good though.

It depends.

They're not ALWAYS late and not ALWAYS quick to respond either :joy:

There was clarification on how they handle tickets and how their ticketing system works.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3178945/#Comment_3178945

• This is a quick ping to see where others stand on deployment. I got the Madrid and Milan locations from my "new location" bundle last week, but no Sydney yet. Same for others? That's my only remaining unprovisioned one.

• I'm waiting on Sidney and Hong Kong as well, all my other servers have been deployed.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited January 2021

No Sydney yet, either. Got the 2GB RAM Promo NVMe on annual billing. Patiently waiting.

Thanked by 1tetech
  • @TimboJones said:

@webmasteroffers said:

@TimboJones said:

Run command

sudo resize2fs /dev/vda1

will fix the problem.

Thanks so much for this. I actually came back to this thread to reread what I had posted about CPU usage and happened to see these updates here. I had opened a ticket about this but this fix worked. I didn't get this with the Ubuntu 20 iso it was just from reinstalling 18. I never ran into a VPS where this stuff wasn't handled automatically before except with one of my first VPS at Wishosting where I was unfamiliar with OpenNebula.

• Hi everyone, is there a trick to doing ISO installs? A friend of mine was able to do it no problem but I haven't had any luck. I've been mounting the ISO (ubuntu 20), selecting ISO in the boot order, stopping the server, starting back up, and then looking at the VNC console. When I'm in there it always says there is no disc found, even though I've been mounting it. Is there any trick to this that I'm missing? I've done it several times slightly differently and I never got it to see the ISO being mounted.

@tetech said:
    This is a quick ping to see where others stand on deployment. I got the Madrid and Milan locations from my "new location" bundle last week, but no Sydney yet. Same for others? That's my only remaining unprovisioned one.

Same situation here, even though Sydney isn’t a “new” location.

I assume they have issues and they are focusing on that before finalizing server deployments.

I may be wrong but perhaps @hosthatch can shed some light on this?

Thanked by 1tetech
  • So for those of you who wait to get an email response from support, it may be useful to login and check via the panel. Today I received an email clarification from support which was actually posted 2 days ago but the email was delivered today. I'm not sure why/what (maybe just the huge backlog of tickets/issues and delivery delays for email or throttling).

Thanked by 1Chronic

@nullnothere said:
    So for those of you who wait to get an email response from support, it may be useful to login and check via the panel. Today I received an email clarification from support which was actually posted 2 days ago but the email was delivered today. I'm not sure why/what (maybe just the huge backlog of tickets/issues and delivery delays for email or throttling).

I'm almost positive that people here don't actually wait for emails but instead they log in their account every single day to check.

What they're waiting for is the response/update on the ticket itself :joy:

Thanked by 2webcraft kalimov622
  • @thedp said: What they're waiting for is the response/update on the ticket itself

:smiley:

I think I'm quite patient in comparison. The deal has been snagged, setting up can take time (usually) as long as the provider is fair enough to adjust the service period/dates accordingly.

Whatever floats your boat (and as long as it is not unfair)...

• Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

Thanked by 2DP lowendboi
  • @Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

it remains a mystery but now support is unreliable.. so i wonder why remove L1 queue and have devops and sysadmins 24hrs but nothing is moving

Thanked by 2Unixfy webcraft
  • @Unixfy said: Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP

Jesus

@snt said:

@Unixfy said:
    Now 1.5 months without a response for enabling IPv6 and BGP. @hosthatch what happened to MOSGA?

it remains a mystery but now support is unreliable.. so i wonder why remove L1 queue and have devops and sysadmins 24hrs but nothing is moving

Because their L1 queue is here, these threads, and customers are their L1 support agents 😂

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • @Unixfy said:

anything @cdrive @hosthatch ??

• seems like the ticket in sales department got very low priority. I just request for ipv6 in tech department and it was handled within a few hours.