Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Should Provider Offers Sink? - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Poll] Should Provider Offers Sink?

1234568»

Comments

• @LTniger said:
    Community also would like to receive a comment about removed "sink" ability for mods.

Jord's Mod card is about to be misplaced...

Thanked by 2WSWD bulbasaur
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@chocolateshirt said:
    Edit: proof of spam

Honestly, if you're looking for a wide variety of affordable VPS deals in a more high-quality editorial format, I would recommend checking out LowEndBox instead. They don't even mention RackNerd any more than twice on the front page right now, much lower than the usual 3, 4, or 7.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Excellent suggestion, @Virmach, LowEndBox is a great place to find enticing hosting deals. :)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@chocolateshirt said:
    How much money you invested on LET discussion forum?

Directly none, indirectly quite a bit.

Anyway, my question was not an 'and' but a 'either or' (or both) question as both kind of investments help the community. Think 'meritocracy'.

@stevewatson301 said:

@jsg said: I myself have done at least something

Taking a dump everywhere isn't contributing, last I checked.

I see, you are the judge and the prosecutor in one and a bunch of "thanks" clickers are your jury ...
    And no, what I did was not taking dumps, unlike you often do. But I guess with you and some others here I could make it rain pieces of gold and you'd still willy nilly accuse me of [insert bad thing]

• @VirMach said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Honestly, if you're looking for a wide variety of affordable VPS deals in a more high-quality editorial format, I would recommend checking out LowEndBox instead. They don't even mention RackNerd any more than twice on the front page right now, much lower than the usual 3, 4, or 7.

redacted image

Nah.. On 2016 and 2017 I bought several VPSes from them, with annual commitment (LEB did not provide monthly commitment link), but all them deadpooled before a year.. so LEB is blacklist for me.

One of them is W00tho$ting

• @jsg said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    How much money you invested on LET discussion forum?

Directly none, indirectly quite a bit.

Anyway, my question was not an 'and' but a 'either or' (or both) question as both kind of investments help the community. Think 'meritocracy'.

Well If you ask that way, I will asmwer as a fellow member of community I am trying help each other for the "good" development of community.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@VirMach said:

@chocolateshirt said:

redacted image

Nah.. On 2016 and 2017 I bought several VPSes from them, with annual commitment (LEB did not provide monthly commitment link), but all them deadpooled before a year.. so LEB is blacklist for me.

Was another one of them AlphaRacks by any chance?

Cause this entire issue revolves around them and their new spinoff being "LETs biggest advertiser" at the moment.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@VirMach said:

@chocolateshirt said:

redacted image

Was another one of them AlphaRacks by any chance?

Cause this entire issue revolves around them and their new spinoff being "LETs biggest advertiser" at the moment.

Last time I remember they were bought by AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited September 2021

So @jbiloh any update on this and when it will be implemented?

Cause my eyes are getting tired of seeing all that purple spam.

• Yes it should. Otherwise some threads keep on dragging forever and other offers are affected unfairly

@jbiloh I would like to request a feature here - ability to completely hide/silence a thread/post. So let alone showing new posts or comments in that thread it won’t even be visible to a user. I think some pinned threads get a hide button. Extending it to all will be helpful.

@Devil said:
    Yes it should. Otherwise some threads keep on dragging forever and other offers are affected unfairly

@jbiloh I would like to request a feature here - ability to completely hide/silence a thread/post. So let alone showing new posts or comments in that thread it won’t even be visible to a user. I think some pinned threads get a hide button. Extending it to all will be helpful.

Interesting suggestion. Will consider this.

Thanked by 2Devil JasonM
  • codelockcodelock Member
    edited September 2021

Just love how the guy created two offer threads today just when we are all talking about stopping this it is like he wants to all threads on offer page to be his.

• @codelock said:
    Just love how the guy created two offer threads today just when we are all talking about stopping this it is like he wants to all threads on offer page to be his.

Its actually funny cause he said he was stopping himself from posting (spamming) as much as the rules allow him to, so we should be grateful 🤣

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@codelock said:

Its actually funny cause he said he was stopping himself from posting (spamming) as much as the rules allow him to, so we should be grateful 🤣

He will always be a spammer. Look at his reply. He replied one by one, in order to always bump the threads.

• @jbiloh Let us know when you are ready to implement these changes, after 10 months it's pretty clear that actions speak louder than words

• edited September 2021

This reminds me of:

Changes are coming™

• edited September 2021

Nah.. Jon wouldn't dare to kick this out.. Dust pay him a lot. CMIIW

Thanked by 2mmuyskens WSWD

Hi Folks,

On this topic nothing has changed since my last comments on the subject August 27th. I've pasted those comments below for convenience.

We have heard the variety of opinions provided by our community members related to this topic and we will continue to rely on that feedback as time passes.

We are going to continue to strike a balance between controlling the discussion flow on LowEndTalk and closing down threads with active community involvement. As outlined previously we will apply the same common sense approach to all offer threads -- meaning if the community is engaging in a legitimate fashion inside an offer thread, we like that. If a provider is talking to themselves, posting over and over consecutively with the clear intent to boost their offer thread to create more attention we will not allow that. Through discussions with @raindog308 there is a consensus to avoid more rules and to approach the community with a lighter touch where and when possible.

Right now our community is on a very positive trajectory, with user activity 100% higher today than it was a year ago. I'm really glad to see that, proud of the work we've done the past 18 months and excited to see more and more users come to LowEndTalk, the predominant hosting message board in the industry today.

Thanks to everyone who has voted and offered their opinion on how provider offer threads should be handled. The community's opinions are recognized and have been part of our conversations and thinking on this matter.

I'm currently traveling this week for work and so my time has been limited.

To quickly offer my thoughts in my own words on this topic:

Right now we are applying a logic first approach to things, as @raindog308 said in his earlier post. For example some older offer threads have been set to sink which had reached their useful life. Generally speaking for the next period of time we are going to allow the community to dictate how long threads stay active (ie: how much user based posting occurs within them and the amount of engagement). We intend to apply this thinking across all offer threads from all providers here on LowEndTalk. How we choose to handle offer threads will continue to evolve and the only thing that can be guaranteed is that the same treatment will occur to all offer threads. We will also be watchful for activity from any user intended to disrupt the community.

This discussion has been closed.