Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Poll] Should Provider Offers Sink? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Poll] Should Provider Offers Sink?

Comments

• @stevewatson301 said:
    Apologies for the plug but those looking to get some relief from the RN threads can install the script here. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173481/dustinc-hates-him-improve-your-let-experience-with-this-one-simple-trick

Although I guess the people complaining here have already seen the thread and installed the script.

Done.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

voted Yes, after a week

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jord said: mods ability to sink an offer thread was removed

Looks like your privileges has sunk instead.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@DP said:

Well we all know who has the access though, don't we, as providers can still bump rather old threads from Black Friday last year.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • frogfrog Barred

@jbiloh said:
    I should also say that we are open to ideas beyond the simple solutions I outlined.

Make a separate offer section with 3 offers on top of the front page and with a link to the offers category. And remove offers from the section with normal posts.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Jord said: Aye, removed with no warning as far as I can tell. I went to go sink an old thread about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't. Thought hang on, so tried a normal thread could sink that.

It's when you know money is involved.

• LeviLevi Member

@Lee said:

@Jord said: Aye, removed with no warning as far as I can tell. I went to go sink an old thread about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't. Thought hang on, so tried a normal thread could sink that.

It's when you know money is involved.

And not even big money. Time to wake up and realize - this community is a product :-/

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • A Thread should sink after its out of stock or a week after last post. Lastly its the providers decision to bump a thread or not.
    A BF or any other Deal that is 2+ month, should sink or be closed, if the deal is dead.

• LeviLevi Member

@ascicode said:
    A Thread should sink after its out of stock or a week after last post. Lastly its the providers decision to bump a thread or not.
    A BF or any other Deal that is 2+ month, should sink or be closed, if the deal is dead.

How do you prevent blatant abuse with "double x" trick?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

@ascicode said:
    A Thread should sink after its out of stock or a week after last post. Lastly its the providers decision to bump a thread or not.

For the mods sake any solution needs to be easy to automate, so stock checks are out (there's no standard).

My view is sink offer threads somewhere between 3 days and a week or two -- I don't mind what, as long as the end result is less front page pollution from last year's black Friday offers with "post your order number" spam.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @jackb said:

@ascicode said:

For the mods sake any solution needs to be easy to automate, so stock checks are out (there's no standard).

My view is sink offer threads somewhere between 3 days and a week or two -- I don't mind what, as long as the end result is less front page pollution from last year's black Friday offers with "post your order number" spam.

Well, thats the way you think.
    its not the same spam as fellow shitposters spamming. With order numbers you get users have to be active to get something, that push up the visita instantly. Dramas just wont.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@ascicode said:
    Well, thats the way you think.
    its not the same spam as fellow shitposters spamming. With order numbers you get users have to be active to get something, that push up the visita instantly. Dramas just wont.

Doesn't mean the thread needs to be on the front page.

• zedzed Member

is a provider doing stupid shit to keep 4-5 threads at the top of the new list really helping "the community"?

anyway just give us a way to ignore (who we perceive as) abusers, why doesn't this forum have an ignore user feature?

maybe in 2022.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I voted 3 days, people looking for offers can search by category.

Thanked by 1Hax
  • LeeLee Veteran

@zed said:
    anyway just give us a way to ignore (who we perceive as) abusers, why doesn't this forum have an ignore user feature?

maybe in 2022.

Simple, light solution.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173481/dustinc-hates-him-improve-your-let-experience-with-this-one-simple-trick#latest

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

It's interesting how sinking privileges were removed from mods. In the beginning plans were not like this.

The following quote was taken from an official initial plan:

@jbiloh said:

Ympker said: Following this. Too busy these days to post a longer statement though. If you, @jbiloh , want to change LEB for the better the only way to go is not only to listen to the feedback but also apply it. Don't just ask for what the community wants, apply it. Perhaps even give some Mods here free reign. They've been part of this community for a fair share of time and probably know better what the community wants and what LET/LEB needs.

Definitely listening. We've already made a bunch of changes the past week to clean things up and fix things in the back end. The next goal is to make front end, policy, rule, and other changes for the better.

Maybe something was not listened, like what I put in bold?

The following quote is from this comment:

@jbiloh said:

MikePT said: You acquired LEB/LET, nowadays are only a consultant for Deluxe, you want to milk as much as possible from LEB/LET. I get it. It's an investment, but we've already been exploited for a long time while the mods here were doing your work.

So far I've reduced revenue to clean this place up. That doesn't equal "milking it." I want our community to flourish for the long term.

I guess he cleaned it, and now he wants revenue, therefore it's best to limit the power of mods now?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I never liked most mods here and it was mutual, so I have no problem with less power and corruption.

• @Maounique said:
    I never liked most mods here and it was mutual, so I have no problem with less power and corruption.

True, but less power should come from community voting for transparency; not from hidden agenda and profits.

• edited August 2021

I love how all of the sudden - this thread is ignored by the very person who started it.

• @Jord said:

@DP said:

Well we all know who has the access though, don't we, as providers can still bump rather old threads from Black Friday last year.

you could simply close some of the outdated stuff, no?

• LeeLee Veteran

@default said: community voting for transparency

That you still believe users have a say on the decisions here is kinda cute.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    I love how all of the sudden - this thread is ignored by the very person who started it.

@jbiloh

• @Lee said:

@default said: community voting for transparency

That you still believe users have a say on the decisions here is kinda cute.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Moofie said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jbiloh

@jbiloh is already receiving notifications as the OP of the threads, and yet actively choosing to ignore them.

• Jon, be like Jon Snow..

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

I do not understand what the problem is .....a provider found a way to push up the post ( he calls this intelligent marketing), if I did this personal to my offer the post would be closed and I would be banned.

If their post has not been closed for a year and the respective provider has not suffered anything, it means that this is what the owner of this forum wants.

Therefore: stop complaining that you are not solving anything!

Help the owner to have his protege posting /offers all time on the first site on top positions.
    (in the meantime there are about 3...4)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Now that was clearly unnecessary.

There's a difference when the OP or the customers are bumping it, but for you to do it unnecessarily is just you being a dique.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Marx
  • @dedicatserver_ro said: I do not understand what the problem is .....a provider found a way to push up the post ( he calls this intelligent marketing), if I did this personal to my offer the post would be closed and I would be banned.

What did he do to warrant the ban?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Interesting priorities, LET.

The dedi_ro logs into customers' services without letting them know - does not get banned.

The dude bumps a few specific threads - gets banned.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@DP said: dique

I love this spelling.

@deank said: The dedi_ro logs into customers' services without letting them know - does not get banned.

I wasn't involved in that issue or really anything about this dude. That said, we are not Team Moderator: World Police or LowEndPeoplesCourt. Was there actual evidence provided or just people slinging crap?

@deank said: The dude bumps a few specific threads - gets banned.

"A few specific threads"...c'mon, he was a dique.

This discussion has been closed.