Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 18
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Neoon said: There will be no migration, neither will you be pushed from LXC.
    If you wanna switch, you have to terminate your Instance and create a new one.

MetalVPS.com has been running on a MicroLXC LXC instance in LA. This instance has been working great! Thank you again, @Neoon! <3

Thanked by 1Neoon
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Packages on Norway have been switched to KVM, except the Storage Package.
    Devuan is not available currently for KVM Packages, its disabled on the Reinstall Menu however, not yet disabled if you make a new Deployment.
    Which will result in a Deployment error if you still choose it.

Groningen (NL) is now Available, Dronten (NL) has been disabled for new Deployments, it will be terminated in the next months.
    Please move your Instance in the next weeks to a different Location.

Thanks to Bakker IT for providing this Location.

• karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited May 2022

997b-b6d9-55b8-9dab

@Neoon said:
    I don't really like this decision, but the way LET is going right now, I am not willing to Support this anymore.

Means, Accounts created after the 14th of March, will be rejected by the System when you apply, for now. I don't know if things will change so, could be that this is gone in a week again.

This does not affect accounts created before on LET in any way.
    If you wanna try microLXC after the 14th of March, I suggest you try the OGF.

This has been removed.

Patch Notes
    KVM Packages have been deployed in MB instead of MiB, which resulted in less Memory allocation as they should get.
    Fixed.
    Network Stats did not work for KVM Instances.
    Fixed.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • Approx. when it will be available for purchases.

@Neoon said:
    Patch Notes
    KVM Packages have been deployed in MB instead of MiB, which resulted in less Memory allocation as they should get.
    Fixed.
    Fixed.

@karanchoo said:
    Approx. when it will be available for purchases.

@Neoon said:
    Patch Notes
    Fixed.
    Fixed.

What?

• I mean , Are you going to launch MicroLXC as paid service anytime soon ?

@Neoon said: What?

>

edited May 2022

@karanchoo said:
    I mean , Are you going to launch MicroLXC as paid service anytime soon ?

@Neoon said: What?

>

Aeon, maybe.

Due to ongoing Packet loss and Latency issues, Deployment/Reinstall may be impacted and get stuck.
    Working on it.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

The Network issues should now be fixed.
    Technically in the future, things will be changed to make it more reliable in such cases.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • ralfralf Member

d408-d979-a37d-fe62

• ralfralf Member

Thanks! That was a very super easy onboarding process! :)

• VoidVoid Member

@ralf said:
    Thanks! That was a very super easy onboarding process! :)

Congrats and go wreck it

• 10a9-3608-79b9-bc7d

edited May 2022

Regarding KVM Availability

Norway and Groningen already run KVM
    Hong Kong once IPv6 is allocated, will run KVM

Chile, Auckland, Johannesburg would be next on the list.

However, the current Kernel on these Systems causes issues with nested virt, so we have to upgrade them.

On Wednesday, 01.06 I will do these System Upgrades.
    Starting from around 21:00 CET, expected downtime per Node should be around 5-10 minutes.

• Melbourne
      waiting for a Tiket, getting the Storage upgraded

• Tokyo
      Same thing, OS would need to get upgraded, will be done after the other ones

• Los Angeles
      Recently got invoiced, I don't know if the Sponsorship was terminated, waiting for a reply since 5 days, so no ETA on this one.

• Singapore
      The System would not have enough Storage to run KVM's as of right now, likely new Node is needed, since the current Storage setup is fubar.

Thanked by 3Xrmaddness adly RecD

@Neoon said: Los Angeles

Recently got invoiced, I don't know if the Sponsorship was terminated, waiting for a reply since 5 days, so no ETA on this one.

Hmm. Metalvps.com is there. It's easy for me to move. But, maybe I could contribute to paying the invoice? Do we want to transmit funds to a provider who doesn't respond promptly? :)

Thanks so much @Neoon for keeping everybody updated!

Friendly greetings! 🏜️

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

microLXCKVM Dallas location runs very speedily on darkstar sponsored by @Not_Oles.

^^ Would this happen? ^^

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @yoursunny said:
    microLXCKVM Dallas location runs very speedily on darkstar sponsored by @Not_Oles.

^^ Would this happen? ^^

A data breach just waiting to happen.

@yoursunny said:

^^ Would this happen? ^^

I think @Neoon wants a faster machine. When I first posted about Darkstar @Neoon commented that he opened the thread expecting Ryzen but found L5630. :)

But, if he asked me, why not? Maybe change the server node OS to something besides Slackware if he preferred something else? Maybe we could rename Darkstar to Ubu or something like that. /s

@Not_Oles said:

@Neoon said: Los Angeles

Hmm. Metalvps.com is there. It's easy for me to move. But, maybe I could contribute to paying the invoice? Do we want to transmit funds to a provider who doesn't respond promptly? :)

Well, even if the Invoice is paid, for KVM we would have to reconfigure the entire Storage Setup too, so basically a new Node is needed.
    Plus, they should respond, I would not spend the 77$ on that Invoice, might be MIA.

I hope they will respond in time before the Invoice is due, 9 days from today.

@yoursunny said:

^^ Would this happen? ^^

No.

@Not_Oles said:

@yoursunny said:

^^ Would this happen? ^^

I think @Neoon wants a faster machine. When I first posted about Darkstar @Neoon commented that he opened the thread expecting Ryzen but found L5630. :)

It does not need to be a Ryzen, however that CPU is to slow.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles

Given that I still have no Ticket reply, I suspended new Deployments in Los Angeles.
    If you wanna change the Location, you can do so.

However, we don't really got a replacement right now, since its the only Location we got in the US. Maybe I can do something, before the Service runs out.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

Still trying to wrap my head around these changes.

What about NanoKVM? (IIRC some server - NBG? - was supposed to be decommissioned)
    What about MicroLXC no longer using LXC, when should we switch off/on to make the jump/recreate the thing?

@Shot2 said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around these changes.

What about NanoKVM? (IIRC some server - NBG? - was supposed to be decommissioned)

Yea its supposed to be decommissioned.
    I offered anyone a migration option who wanted, since I don't know how long we will still have this Machine.

Nothing goes by Plan.

What about MicroLXC no longer using LXC, when should we switch off/on to make the jump/recreate the thing?

Eh, No, they will remain separate.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • Your website is awesome.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

7ad7-d931-53ad-7744

As said a few weeks ago, the Bandwidth throttle will go live, due to a recent Abuse.
    If you hit the Traffic Limit the Uplink will be throttled to 128KB/sec.

Especially in APAC, Allocation is tight, pretty tight, on some Nodes we only got 1TB and since we give Bandwidth away like candy with 200GB per Container, its dam tight, hence the Throttle.

The Bandwidth allocation will reset every 30 days, depending on which day you created the Machine.
    You can request, manually via Tiket, a reset of your bandwidth usage if spare Bandwidth is available, which it usually is, but as far as I know only one Person as of Today hit these Limits.

edited June 2022

Ups, it appears I forgot to whitelist LET on the new Backend, should be done soon.
    Already gets cloudflared.

The Upgrades are done, however only Chile has KVM available right now.
    Some idiot, likely me decided to make the OS partition to small.

I will have to get the Storage upgraded and schedule a Maintenance later for NZ and SA.
    LXC remains available as before, enjoy the new Kernel.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles