Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

microLXC Public Test - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

microLXC Public Test

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2022

I don't really like this decision, but the way LET is going right now, I am not willing to Support this anymore.

Means, Accounts created after the 14th of March, will be rejected by the System when you apply, for now. I don't know if things will change so, could be that this is gone in a week again.

This does not affect accounts created before on LET in any way.
    If you wanna try microLXC after the 14th of March, I suggest you try the OGF.

• kdhkdh Member

4574-cd9a-3b8d-93fc

• eriseris Member

@Neoon said: Means, Accounts created after the 14th of March, will be rejected by the System when you apply, for now. I don't know if things will change so, could be that this is gone in a week again.

@eris said:

@Neoon said: Means, Accounts created after the 14th of March, will be rejected by the System when you apply, for now. I don't know if things will change so, could be that this is gone in a week again.

This is english, I do understand why Chinese people fail on the req. but you?
    Read it again.

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • kdhkdh Member

68e8-d411-e5ff-349d

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

4179-b744-75a9-bd97

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

3a4c-3912-5db0-d4a5

• Reading is an ability people lack.

• 5ffc-359e-6bc7-f0d0
    Thank you.

I am aware of the current outage in South Africa, waiting for Ticket reply.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • dosaidosai Member

Self hosted monitoring services

9b5c-a57d-3633-bdba thanks.

• fc5b-dbaf-e73d-a07f

• alt dns server :O
    b6f8-5c27-e4ff-3ec4

• 1e5b-57ab-7e2c-6124

• 1e4d-24fc-aade-d2ac

JP is currently offline because the traffic limit was exceeded of the instance.
    I am currently asking for a reset/upgrade of the limit, so the instance should be back online shortly.

Traffic usage is tracked at all times, but was never enforced, since most people behaved nicely.
    A Patch will follow shortly to address this issue.

Thanked by 2intermall Ganonk
  • 4b44-c5a7-e73b-92aa

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Neoon said:

JP is currently offline because the traffic limit was exceeded of the instance.
    I am currently asking for a reset/upgrade of the limit, so the instance should be back online shortly.

Traffic usage is tracked at all times, but was never enforced, since most people behaved nicely.
    A Patch will follow shortly to address this issue.

<3

95f0-4183-f2e2-e5bc

• Failed unmounting instance: Failed to deactivate LVM logical volume "/dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf": Failed to run: lvchange --activate n --ignoreactivationskip /dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf: Logical volume secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf contains a filesystem in use.
    System was running smooth, but there is a refused message while accessing the ssh port. Then on restart I got the above warning in task log. Currently the instance is inaccessible by ssh or ipv6.

edited May 2022

@Littlemaster said:
    Failed unmounting instance: Failed to deactivate LVM logical volume "/dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf": Failed to run: lvchange --activate n --ignoreactivationskip /dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf: Logical volume secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf contains a filesystem in use.

Yea its a known bug, happens sometimes, randomly.
    Stopped the Container, Started it, fixed.

Its already reported to the dev's, however there is no fix yet.

System was running smooth, but there is a refused message while accessing the ssh port. Then on restart I got the above warning in task log. Currently the instance is inaccessible by ssh or ipv6.

Check your log files, if you hit either the memory limit or proc limit, processes get killed.

• @Neoon said:

@Littlemaster said:
    Failed unmounting instance: Failed to deactivate LVM logical volume "/dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf": Failed to run: lvchange --activate n --ignoreactivationskip /dev/secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf: Logical volume secondary/containers_lxc8a30efdf contains a filesystem in use.

Check your log files, if you hit either the memory limit or proc limit, processes get killed.

I tried to reinstall the instance, but task manager shows "Failed to reinstall container."

@Littlemaster said:

@Neoon said:

@Littlemaster said:

I tried to reinstall the instance, but task manager shows "Failed to reinstall container."

This should be fixed for now.
    However, it may happen again, until the software bug is fixed.

microLXC is likely moving to KVM instead, KVM has been solid so far, and since the issue is close to impossible to reproduce, as of right now and not fixed, likely the only way to go as of right now.

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited May 2022

0d5d-27a1-99de-162d

Regarding the container issues with LXC, so far KVM support has been added and works well.
    The Plan would be, to switch all Locations to KVM in the longrun.

The new NL Location is already ready and will be Online this week, the Packages will be KVM only.
    Hong Kong should be available by next week, same here, KVM only, still waiting for IPv6 allocation.

The other locations will follow.
    VNC is not added yet, will be added as soon I get it working.

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@Neoon said:
    Regarding the container issues with LXC, so far KVM support has been added and works well.

The new NL Location is already ready and will be Online this week, the Packages will be KVM only.
    Hong Kong should be available by next week, same here, KVM only, still waiting for IPv6 allocation.

Will this transition be seemless to users or will they have to rebuild their VMs?

@TimRoo said:

@Neoon said:

Will this transition be seemless to users or will they have to rebuild their VMs?

There will be no migration, neither will you be pushed from LXC.
    If you wanna switch, you have to terminate your Instance and create a new one.

Dronten will be terminated in a few months/weeks, that would be the only thing for now.

Thanked by 2TimRoo Not_Oles

@Neoon said:

@TimRoo said:

@Neoon said:

Dronten will be terminated in a few months/weeks, that would be the only thing for now.

So, just to be sure, I cancel my lxc and immediately, get a new kvm one in japan?

@netomx said:

@Neoon said:

@TimRoo said:

@Neoon said:

So, just to be sure, I cancel my lxc and immediately, get a new kvm one in japan?

No, the update is only partially rolled out yet, code side, I just finished testing the rest.
    I need to prepare the nodes before this can happen, for most of the Nodes this can be enabled out of the box.

However, for some it may not, and I have to do additional stuff.

Thanked by 1netomx