Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corona Virus Fears? - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Corona Virus Fears?

Comments

• Watched a good documentary that came out day before...

by Crossroads with JOSHUA PHILIPP.

Good chronological relatives investigated how Wuhan Market is just a camouflage, the virus may have slipped out of the P4 lab in Wuhan where some BioWarfare was being developed... and how the Communism blew it the the extremes jeopardizing the whole human race.

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • When shows talk about the "hidden truth", I usually don't think I'm going to hear the truth.

• PHDanPHDan Member

The drone footage comes from Hart Island, off the Bronx in Long Island Sound, which has been used for more than 150 years by city officials as a mass burial site for those with no next-of-kin, or families who cannot afford funerals.

Normally, about 25 bodies a week are interred on the island, according to the Associated Press news agency.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jbiloh said: We'll be here, you can count on it.

When the rules say "LET is Eternal," we really mean it!

Thanked by 2mehargags FrankZ
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TimboJones said: You've heard of anti-vaxxors and the silly shit they believe, right? Conspiracy theory Tobacco industry invents vaccine mandated for everyone writes itself.

Wow, I admire the ingeniousness of this rumor. There is indeed talk about tobacco-derived vaccines...the idea that the tobacco companies would slip some super-addictive nicotine into the vaccine to hook a new generation of customers is delightfully wicked.

Absurd, but it's an awesomely well-engineered rumor.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@ChrisMiller said:

you see when capitalist fails in crisis , communist saves the humanity . shout out to all capitalist supporters where govt are injecting money in private companies like what communist would to the companies in their countries

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • It is not communism or capitalism... It is when the hunger for power and control grows beyond humanity. The greed is killing it on every side either way

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited April 2020

jbiloh said: We'll be here, you can count on it.

That might be a tough promise to keep...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Seems that according to the data the US - on a national level - is hitting the peak level of spread.

Hospital ICU admissions are actually coming down too.

Seems as though it will be possible to start reopening the country by early/mid May. I don't think May 1st will be possible but hopefully not long after.

I also read that a British lab will have a vaccine ready by late Summer. That is very promising and so impressive considering they normally take 12-18 months and this will end up being like than 9 months.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • @jbiloh said:
    Seems that according to the data the US - on a national level - is hitting the peak level of spread.

Seems as though it will be possible to start reopening the country by early/mid May. I don't think May 1st will be possible but hopefully not long after.

I also read that a British lab will have a vaccine ready by late Summer. That is very promising and so impressive considering they normally take 12-18 months and this will end up being like than 9 months.

Peaked? It will be in waves, and the second wave is worse than the first and the US hasn't had the 2nd wave yet. You've been listening to too much Trump.

I wouldn't bet on vaccines being best case scenarios. That's ignoring a whole bunch of risk to begin with.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • @TimboJones said:
    ...and the second wave is worse than the first

Not necessarily. SARS and MERS both magically subsided in a due course of time and I trust mother nature to have our immune systems boost up to withstand the 'waves' that follow for this virus.

And Yes... a rushed vaccine can be boggier and may induce more Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR) problems than letting our immune system develop something naturally. Vaccines need a typical curation period of 2-3 years to stabilize.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

downplaying coronavirus as common flu is why usa is suffering most, specially NY . Yes second and third waves very possibility . I think happened in Spanish flu

• mxnhostmxnhost Member, Host Rep

@vimalware said:
    Corona scares me less than orange man, all things considered.

This has cracked me up! It is unprecedented times we live in, it is truly scaring - especially when we hear we are yet to hit the peak.

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

Peaked? It will be in waves, and the second wave is worse than the first and the US hasn't had the 2nd wave yet. You've been listening to too much Trump.

I wouldn't bet on vaccines being best case scenarios. That's ignoring a whole bunch of risk to begin with.

It has been widely reported by both conservative and liberal news outlets that the US either peaked last week on a national level or is peaking now.

Whether there will be a bump 10 days after things start to reopen is yet to be seen.

As for your passing remark (of a negative, cynical, nature) that I have listened to "too much Trump" - I enjoy reading news from multiple sources of a variety of political and academic dispositions and so I feel quite sure that my opinions are fact based and not the result of listening to any one individual.

hostdare said: downplaying coronavirus as common flu is why usa is suffering most, specially NY . Yes second and third waves very possibility . I think happened in Spanish flu

The US has also tested more people than any other country. As of today the US has tested 2.81 MM vs. the next closest - Italy at 1 MM. After Italy the third position is South Korea at 500,000.

The US has the highest number of clinically identified cases because it is testing so many people. Other countries no doubt have much higher counts but they are in the shadows, having never had the chance to be confirmed by test.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @jbiloh said:

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:z

It has been widely reported by both conservative and liberal news outlets that the US either peaked last week on a national level or is peaking now.

Whether there will be a bump 10 days after things start to reopen is yet to be seen.

As for your passing remark (of a negative, cynical, nature) that I have listened to "too much Trump" - I enjoy reading news from multiple sources of a variety of political and academic dispositions and so I feel quite sure that my opinions are fact based and not the result of listening to any one individual.

hostdare said: downplaying coronavirus as common flu is why usa is suffering most, specially NY . Yes second and third waves very possibility . I think happened in Spanish flu

The US has also tested more people than any other country. As of today the US has tested 2.81 MM vs. the next closest - Italy at 1 MM. After Italy the third position is South Korea at 500,000.

The US has the highest number of clinically identified cases because it is testing so many people. Other countries no doubt have much higher counts but they are in the shadows, having never had the chance to be confirmed by test.

2.81MM tests and a population of 329.311.764 for the US, according to official data Italy made 1.3MM test on population of 60 359 546, I understand that everyone thinks that their country is superior to the others, but the United States has done much less tests in proportion to the population than Italy, just calculate the percentage between the tests and the population, only in New York there are a third of the dead who have been in Italy and are shooting photos of mass graves in New York, it is useless to do the race to prove that you are number one even at the cost of bending math to our prejudice, here we are all in the same situation.

Thanked by 2hostdare TheKiller
  • 4380043800 Member

A lot has been controlled over here.

edited April 2020
    I think we can all agree that there are too many cases world wide.

There's no question that the Chinese hid the extent in the early days (and maybe even still), the world reacted slowly, and now we are where we are.

Tomorrow will still come and the sun will still rise, life goes on, but it doesn't make those we lost any less sad.
  • I am very disappointed, when Italy started to have cases of corona virus, many people stood here judging us Italians, our health system and our approach to the virus, as if we were troglodytes, now that in the US there are mass graves and that your president is so advanced compared to the others, advising to inject disinfectant and bleach, while in many cities there are people who cannot even be received by a doctor and are left to themselves, right now this thread is gone, it was nice to have the opportunity to judge and point the finger, now at best to maintain this aura of superiority by turning your attention on China that hides everything or on the Italians who are troglodytes and have been overwhelmed by the virus, I think that we are all in the same situation, all governments want us to believe that they are in control and they try to shift our attention to the outside to hide events for shortcomings, for example the American government on China and the Italian government on Europe and some European countries on Italy, there are newspapers from European countries that have similar or worse conditions than Italy that open with the leading article on Italy or about China, the truth is that it is difficult for everyone, no country was structurally and organizationally equipped to not be overwhelmed, at least a little, we must expect the best from our governments, not to look at others as clumsy monkeys, perhaps ignoring the own president who advises to inject the disinfectant.

Thanked by 2hostdare TheKiller

The good news is that it seems like the daily death counts and new clinically diagnosed contagion is dropping significantly in Italy and Spain.

Unfortunately it would appear that the entire summer travel season is probably a loss in most of Europe -- a very major blow to those economies. I had a trip planned in May and July to Europe both of which are canceled sadly. :(

• You can get reinfected from both SARS and COVID-19. And the problem is that the antibodies that come after you're cured, can enhance the virulence of a future mutated virus.

From Dr. Paul Cottrell
    https://www.brighteon.com/1dc5c1d6-cfa4-45bf-ad99-950a76d31ad8

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @ScienceOnline said:
    I am very disappointed, when Italy started to have cases of corona virus, many people stood here judging us Italians, our health system and our approach to the virus, as if we were troglodytes, now that in the US there are mass graves and that your president is so advanced compared to the others, advising to inject disinfectant and bleach, while in many cities there are people who cannot even be received by a doctor and are left to themselves, right now this thread is gone, it was nice to have the opportunity to judge and point the finger, now at best to maintain this aura of superiority by turning your attention on China that hides everything or on the Italians who are troglodytes and have been overwhelmed by the virus, I think that we are all in the same situation, all governments want us to believe that they are in control and they try to shift our attention to the outside to hide events for shortcomings, for example the American government on China and the Italian government on Europe and some European countries on Italy, there are newspapers from European countries that have similar or worse conditions than Italy that open with the leading article on Italy or about China, the truth is that it is difficult for everyone, no country was structurally and organizationally equipped to not be overwhelmed, at least a little, we must expect the best from our governments, not to look at others as clumsy monkeys, perhaps ignoring the own president who advises to inject the disinfectant.

Have you been introduced to periods, yet?

Are you expecting someone to come along and defend Trump?

• I find it amusing that while Trump tried to shift blame for coronavirus crisis to WHO, his coronavirus advisor Dr. Fauci was praising WHO. Here is what Dr. Fauci said about Dr. Tedros and WHO at the press briefing of Coronavirus Task Force on Mar 25, 2020:

Tedros is really an outstanding person. I’ve known him from the time that he was the Minister of Health of Ethiopia. I mean, obviously, over the years, anyone who says that the WHO has not had problems has not been watching the WHO.
    But I think, under his leadership, they’ve done very well.

• I had my first overseas trip planned for April. Its a bummer I cant travel for another 5 months.

Florida, where I live, is opening beaches, parks and relaxing certain parts of the social distancing regulations put in place about a month ago. These changes go into effect in the next few days.

edited April 2020

Some really good news today on the clinical trials for Remdesivir on patients with COVID-19.

Patients with advanced Covid-19 who received the experimental drug remdesivir recovered faster than similar patients who received placebo, according to preliminary trial data, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said Wednesday.

"The data shows that remdesivir has a clear-cut, significant, positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery," said the institute's director, Dr. Anthony Fauci. About 1,090 people participated in the trial internationally, Fauci said, calling it "the first truly high-powered randomized placebo controlled trial." Preliminary data show remdesivir has improved recovery time for coronavirus patients from 15 to 11 days.

"Although a 31% improvement doesn't seem like a knockout 100%, it is very important proof of concept," Fauci said, "because what it has proven is that a drug can block this virus." He said the results are "opening the door to the fact that we now have the capability of treating" coronavirus.

That is certainly good news worth feeling good about.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/gilead-sciences-remdesivir-covid-19-treatment/index.html

• PHDanPHDan Member

jbiloh said: "Although a 31% improvement doesn't seem like a knockout 100%, it is very important proof of concept," Fauci said, "because what it has proven is I'm going to make a shit tonne of money off this bad boy."

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited April 2020

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backed-controversial-wuhan-lab-millions-us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741

But just last year, the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the organization led by Dr. Fauci, funded scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology and other institutions for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses.

In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Thought there was a double blind trial on Remdesivir that showed no statistically significant improvement over placebo?

I'm more excited about the antibody tests showing promising results. That is what will get things moving until a vaccine is ready.