Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 55
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• Plan #3 broke the site... :(

• @pullangcubo said:
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Third Bastardized Request
    RAM 64MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 3GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Los Angeles, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $3.99 /yr

LOL!!!

@yoursunny replace your ovz from @KuJoe

• abjrabjr Member
    edited December 2019

@pullangcubo said:
    RAM 64MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 3GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $3.99 /yr

LOL!!!

Hmmmm. Too accept the challenge or not....

EDIT: billing server says “nope!”

• timelapse said: @yoursunny replace your ovz from @KuJoe

That's my goal, but those cheap deals crash the website for people that are not in the US.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@Crab said:
    Plan #3 broke the site... :(

Oh god a lot of people are actually buying this one we're about to get a bunch of tickets from angry people. My fantasy is that one guy using a bot forgot to make it check for a minimum and is buying all of them/crashing the site.

donli said: 64MB - will that even run on KVM?

I think it might barely work on a certain OS.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @VirMach said:
    Introducing the upcoming VirBastardized™ plans.

Requested: 6 Core, 6GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 3TB Bandwidth in Buffalo @$30
    Improvement: All 3's and 6's swapped.

Requested: 4 Core, 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD, 4TB Bandwidth in Buffalo @$Undefined Price
    Improvement: Price is naturally going to be 4+4+40+4

Requested: Low RAM/CPU/Disk but 2TB+ Bandwidth in Los Angeles
    Improvement: We're going to go so low on the RAM & disk it'll be DOA. I'm actually worried about all the complaint we'll get from people that buy it but that's the kind of sacrifice we have to make around here.

Requested: 6GB RAM, 50GB SSD, 4 vCPU, 2TB Bandwidth in Atlanta or NY.
    Improvements: It's obviously going to be in Buffalo, and in effort to improveme the network there we will be limiting the bandwidth to 20GB. No, you can't buy more bandwidth. You're doomed to pay overages forever. Please don't even order this everyone will be unhappy in this situation because the price will actually be really good so we won't even profit. And it'll just waste space on our node.

Requested: 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, 100GB Bandwidth, 5GB Storage in NY or NJ
    Improvement: This is already pretty screwed up you can have it, who requested this? We're hiring.

Requested: 1/1gb/10b/1tb/1ipv4 for $6.99
    Improvement: Since we can't give 10 bytes of disk space. In fact I'll do you an insane favor, we've never done this before, I'll increase this 100 million times all the way up to 1GB. Please do not buy this plan I don't think it will work.

Requested: 2 Cores, 2GB
    Improvement: I'll save you the money, this won't create because it has either no disk or no memory.

Aha, time for the hilarious spiteful deals we really needed!

• I actually got to a checkout, but then it showed cart being empty. It is kind of funny not to be able to pick up your own request due to popular demand :)

• @pullangcubo said:
    RAM 64MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 3GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $3.99 /yr

LOL!!!

This really cant boot

• I actually suspect The OS-es that can run on 64 MB are all already EOL by now xD

• VirMach said: I think it might barely work on a certain OS.

Definitely usable as a VPN with something like Debian.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • The order link on virmach.app is an aff link btw. I wonder how much @ddhhz earned so far haha

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • VirMach said: Requested: 1/1gb/10b/1tb/1ipv4 for $6.99

I did type 10gb though, you need an ophthalmologist :tongue:

• Alpine is pretty small, it's probably the best chance of anything remotely modern

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I AM BACK AFTER 3 HOUR SLEEP

Thanked by 2timelapse uptime
    edited December 2019

@Crab said:
    I actually got to a checkout, but then it showed cart being empty. It is kind of funny not to be able to pick up your own request due to popular demand :)

I mean if you really think you still want this after I ruined it, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

Thanked by 1Crab
  • Haha, seeing the VirBastardized™ plans makes me think about the request.
    Request:
    1 additional IPv4.
    For about 1-2 dollar/year

• @VirMach is internal traffic counted?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@TheWizard said:
    To be reacting like this, yes, I'm afraid you took it too seriously...

I really liked the people and hype during the event, I thought of taking leaves on Friday or Monday, I can sacrifice almost everything for it.

@TheWizard said:
    I cannot be in your shoes, so probably there is some background to this, but I still cannot believe how you reached this outcome:
    So, again, I cannot know or even guess the amount of effort/time you put into the BF/CM preparations on your end, therefore I cannot estimate the level of frustration you're having, but all in all, just assuming that Virmach was not able to allocate as much time to this year's festivities would have freed you all these sorts of (IMHO) wrong conclusions, and deep frustration...

I agree, basically it was a misunderstanding that happened. The effort / time? Maybe 40 hours of development, I didn't really calculated it, but I am really motivated when I thought VirMach will be joining us and have some fun. (Again, don't get me wrong about I am just looking for deal)

@TheWizard said:
    I've been closely tracking both Virmach threads, and you have nothing to apologize for, or leave AFAIK.

Since virmach is putting so many conditions/prerequisites to adding manual deals, I doubt it will be as much fun in the remaining hours as last year, but still, it definitely was more fun with you... So instead of leaving, please take a break, cool off, and reconsider, oh, our Dearest "Deal Compiler Extraordinaire"! :-)

I just have some nice sleep and I actually feel better now. I have only about 1-2 hours sleep per day in the past 4 days and I am quite exhausted already, but last night I have 8 hours of sleep.

@abjr said:
    I agree 100%. As this is the first time I'm participated in one of these "events", I'm surprised at some of the deals people thumb their noses at. Coming from using other providers and paying a lot more for similar, or less specs, pretty much everything I've seen posted by the script or a direct request created by @VirMach seems like a deal to me.

You have to expect some form of overselling. Comparing fairly with other providers show that the performance of VirMach is slightly less with the same spec. That's the reason my website doesn't show any form of valuation. As I said earlier, we might be spoilt by the past years deals.

@bakageta said:
    Most of the deals are solid, and there have been some really great ones, it's just everyone was hoping for more absolutely insane deals like we saw in the past. I'm still thrilled with what I bought this year, and I'm sure I'll find something else to grab.

Yes some of the deals are solid. But there must be something wrong when some of us from last year don't plan to buy anything.

Maybe. How many time I have to explain it is more about that, rather than just the deals. Just look at how the whole event is being executed, custom deals, easter eggs and trolls, it is just so much FUN.

@FZhang said:
    I tend to agree. I use the deal tracking sites to see what I've missed (and hit my head on the wall when i missed them). But I tend to ignore the valuation. If it doesn't fit my need having the price be a savings of 80% is still useless :smiley:

I mean, it is all about what you need (to idle), I can think of why people need that valuation, maybe as an indicator to buy and resell it at a later time.

@VirMach said:
    If he adds that title back and returns I'm doing the two deals he requested. I might even be in the spirit of doing some easter eggs.

Thanks for making an easter egg. Even if it is a basic one, people will still be hyped to keep refreshing and following this thread.

I am really afraid of screwing things up, so I reacted too excessively on myself yesterday (in my timezone).

@nullnothere said:
    VirMach - considering that FAT32 is missing in action temporarily, would it be possible to reserve a few of the choice breakfast dishes for him to claim as he reclaims his Deal Compiler Extraordinaire title?

Don't worry, I am not here for the deals but the fun. Hope I didn't spoilt the fun.

@VirMach said:
    Quick, if anyone lives near him please purchase this and this and stand outside his window.

I heard it in my dream.

@MasonR said:
    Dammit VirMach. I literally went all of Black Friday and Cyber Monday without making a single purchase... until now.

@VirMach That's why we need easter eggs :) The hype is endless.

Thanked by 1TheWizard
  • @VirMach anything in Seattle? Missed the last one!!

• VirMach said: I mean if you really think you still want this after I ruined it, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

I'd gladly take that for $1 hahaha

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @VirMach is now VirBastardizing & VirMock'ing your requests by the burning wreckage of the billing server, who is number #435? :P

• pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited December 2019

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Fourth Bastardized Request
    RAM 6144MB RAM
    CPU 4 vCORE
    HDD 50GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 20GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Buffalo, NY LOCATION
    $30.00 /yr

Another one! :lol:

Thanked by 2Ouji timelapse
  • CrabCrab Member
    edited December 2019

@VirMach said:

@Crab said:
    I actually got to a checkout, but then it showed cart being empty. It is kind of funny not to be able to pick up your own request due to popular demand :)

I mean if you really think you still want this after I ruined it, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

I got twice to the checkout page just to see an empty cart.... I will definitely want to give it a shot and I appreciate your honesty here :)

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited December 2019

Gg 20gb bandwidth. Can’t even fill the 50gb space in a month : (

• Waiting for someone to read the 20gb on this troll as 20tb and get really excited.. Then really angry

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@FZhang said:
    FAT32 question. how do you tell the flash deal has windows? for example 1036 you listed as having windows available. But when I was looking at Virmach's site it didnt show windows.

Because @VirMach site is broken, so Windows is not showing properly, I already told @VirMach a few pages ago but no responses at all :(

Thanked by 1FZhang
  • I wonder how many people/bots will buy this 20GB BW server.

Thanked by 2timelapse FAT32
    edited December 2019

@RecD said:
    Haha, seeing the VirBastardized™ plans makes me think about the request.
    Request:
    1 additional IPv4.
    For about 1-2 dollar/year

We can't process addons on our sale switcher, but I can do this for you. It will have to be an IP address that's routed in a different datacenter though, as we're short on IPs in wherever your service happens to be, I already know it.

Thanked by 1imok
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

Ouji said: I'd gladly take that for $1 hahaha

For that price I'd take it with even less bandwidth. I'd take anything for $1 TBH.

64MB memory, 1 core, 1GB disk, 200GB bandwidth, 1 IPv4.

edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:

@FZhang said:
    FAT32 question. how do you tell the flash deal has windows? for example 1036 you listed as having windows available. But when I was looking at Virmach's site it didnt show windows.

Because @VirMach site is broken, so Windows is not showing properly, I already told @VirMach a few pages ago but no responses at all :(

Fixed.
    Maybe.

Thanked by 2FZhang FAT32