Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 56
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @user123 said:
    I wonder how many people/bots will buy this 20GB BW server.

I'm tempted. But the price is high for idling... :smile:

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@timelapse said:
    The order link on virmach.app is an aff link btw. I wonder how much ddhhz earned so far haha

As I said, use https://virmach19.fat32.top for no aff. Save VirMach from paying those extra 15% with those shitty valuation site.

• FAT32 said: As I said, use https://virmach19.fat32.top for no aff. Save VirMach from paying those extra 15% with those shitty valuation site.

Only if it worked for me without a VPN.

@VirMach said:
    Fixed.
    Maybe.

Yup. I can see it is fixed: if(data['windows']=="TRUE") { $('li#windows').show() } else { $('li#windows').hide() };

But sometimes your windows attribute will contains the planid instead, for some weird reason.

• @VirMach said:
    Introducing the upcoming VirBastardized™ plans.

Requested: 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, 100GB Bandwidth, 5GB Storage in NY or NJ
    Improvement: This is already pretty screwed up you can have it, who requested this? We're hiring.

Do you hire remote?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • @FAT32 Honestly speaking, I think all the price monitors for virmach sales were what took away the interactivity and fun that you're describing. Before the first ever monitor was released last year, in past years I used to refresh the virmach thread every now and then. Right now, I just leave the monitor on and wait for the notifications to check the deals which I'm sure most people are doing as well...

Also, I really hope the script kiddies/scalpers get burned a little by these bastardized deals...

Thanked by 4FAT32 Ouji Chronic tetech
  • VirMach said: We can't process addons on our sale switcher, but I can do this for you. It will have to be an IP address that's routed in a different datacenter though, as we're short on IPs in wherever your service happens to be, I already know it.

Extra bonus only for folks who have VPS in each of VirMach's Data Centers

• @lowfront said:

@VirMach said:
    Introducing the upcoming VirBastardized™ plans.

Improvement: This is already pretty screwed up you can have it, who requested this? We're hiring.

Do you hire remote?

@VirMach some of outsourced are remote i think like @BharatB

• @VirMach said:

You can do whatever you want if it involves not contacting us.

I will consider this a legally binding contract between us that supercedes the less specific TOS and AUP on the website. Thanks!

Thanked by 1abjr
  • Yeah, last year I was the price monitor for much of it, copy & pasting over and over :P

Thanked by 2FAT32 FrankZ
  • @smallbibi said:
    @FAT32 Honestly speaking, I think all the price monitors for virmach sales were what took away the interactivity and fun that you're describing. Before the first ever monitor was released last year, in past years I used to refresh the virmach thread every now and then. Right now, I just leave the monitor on and wait for the notifications to check the deals which I'm sure most people are doing as well...

Also, I really hope the script kiddies/scalpers get burned a little by these bastardized deals...

Dunno. I think the interactivity and fun were mostly from the deals that were posted. Lot's of discussions and palm smacks happening as we all discussed deals and talk about what was missed. This year's deals were good (in terms of against other providers), BUT compared to previous years, just not as exciting. A lot of us have been spoiled by @VirMach :wink:

Thanked by 1FAT32
    edited December 2019

@smallbibi said:
    FAT32 Honestly speaking, I think all the price monitors for virmach sales were what took away the interactivity and fun that you're describing. Before the first ever monitor was released last year, in past years I used to refresh the virmach thread every now and then. Right now, I just leave the monitor on and wait for the notifications to check the deals which I'm sure most people are doing as well...

Price monitors are actually fine, just no false "valuation".

Looking at VirMach's code shows that they are thinking to release the same thing too (price monitors / notifications), but I guess due to some incomplete implementation they decided not to release it.

Completely agree on the second para, I would prefer things to be manual. For the time I spent on writing the site I could have written a very complete bot to grab it but nah.

• Value is pretty hard to determine. I might want disk space, someone else might want ram, someone else cpu. So something of high value to me may be of little to no value to someone else.

Thanked by 2FAT32 tetech
  • VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Sixth Bastardized Request
    RAM 1024MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 1GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Buffalo, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $6.99 /yr

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Thanked by 1Doragon
  • @pullangcubo said:
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Sixth Bastardized Request
    RAM 1024MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 1GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $6.99 /yr

LOLOLOLOL!!!

IMO this should have been the $1 deal...

Thanked by 2Chronic Doragon
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2019

@VirMach 1 dedicated cpu core, 2GB RAM , 50GB SDD. Thanks! East coast

• VirMach said: I think it might barely work on a certain OS.

lots of kernel panic, debian 7 runs...

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • I'm going to assume that they also disable mounting ISOs on the 1gb package so they can't actually accomplish a netboot or anything :P

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • @pullangcubo said:
    RAM 1024MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 1GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $6.99 /yr

LOLOLOLOL!!!

I would do it if it weren't in Buffalo. I have too many there already...

• I don't think virmach has need AFFMAN,I think should crack down on scalpers, different accounts on the same IP address and use the same method of payment can not buy more than three times。

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Requested: 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, 100GB Bandwidth, 5GB Storage in NY or NJ

Wow didn't even get my own request. Was waiting all day. Thanks for posting it but the site didn't let me order.

• @Hxxx said:
    @VirMach 1 dedicated cpu core, 2GB RAM , 50GB SDD. Thanks!

@VirMach can't do server addons, hence the "dedicated" part is sadly not possible

• @abjr said:
    I would do it if it weren't in Buffalo. I have too many there already...

You don't need a herd of Buffalo?

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2019

Fuck the many cores, we want half or 1 dedicated core.

• No problem, let me add it through ticket. :dizzy:

@pullangcubo said:

@Hxxx said:

@VirMach can't do server addons, hence the "dedicated" part is sadly not possible

• @lowfront said:

Wow didn't even get my own request. Was waiting all day. Thanks for posting it but the site didn't let me order.

I'm curious what use you had for that one?

• What in tarnations am I going to do with 1 jiggabyte? How about half the bandwidth and like 6GB SSD for same price :D

• @pullangcubo said:
    RAM 1024MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 1GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $6.99 /yr

LOLOLOLOL!!!

I'm actually considering buying one, but it seems so expensive to me. If this go under $3 I might take it, just see if I can install an OS.
    Also I am interested in 64MB one, just see if I can run an OS and some sort of tools.

• @Hxxx said:
    No problem, let me add it through ticket. :dizzy:

@pullangcubo said:

@Hxxx said:

I think flash deals are also NOT upgradable, right @VirMach?

• @VirMach 1cpu, 64-128RAM,1T-2TBandwidth, in SEA or AMS,thank you!