Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 54
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2019 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@FZhang said:
    $1.00

Thanks, updated on my page.

• Welcome back @FAT32 - quite aptly we're on Page 32 :D

Thanked by 2FAT32 uptime
  • @FAT32 said:

@FZhang said:
    $1.00

Thanks, updated on my page.

• I'm back guys, what did I miss

...OMG I MISS EVERYTHING!

• @FAT32 said:
    Can anyone let me know what is the actual price for plan ID 1026? I am reading from the log and it crashed my bot.

Buffalo, NY - Just So We Can Say We Did It
    2 vCPU / 512MB RAM / 5GB Disk / 500GB Bandwidth / 1 IP

Crashed my site too. Took the blame for them from getting $1 deal..

@donli said:

Got it, have you seen it on my page? https://virmach19.fat32.top

• wfjoycewfjoyce Member
    edited December 2019

@FAT32 said:
    Can anyone let me know what is the actual price for plan ID 1026? I am reading from the log and it crashed my bot.

Buffalo, NY - Just So We Can Say We Did It
    2 vCPU / 512MB RAM / 5GB Disk / 500GB Bandwidth / 1 IP

The actual price is likely to be empty, there is no price display at the time of purchase, and then it will be on the shelves soon after a short period of $1.
    2019-12-03 07:36:02 0$
    2019-12-03 07:38:01 1$
    The time may be inaccurate, but it does achieve a 0.

• @FAT32 said:

@donli said:

Got it, have you seen it on my page? https://virmach19.fat32.top

Did you see the Easter Egg one?

@donli said:
    Did you see the Easter Egg one?

Yup, the plan that I mentioned earlier - $24 4 vCPU 8GB RAM thingy.

• @VirMach said:
    Alright I'm bored and I haven't got through all these requests. I think I'm going to do them but drastically modify one of the figures.

VirBastardized™

cybertech said: Requesting for 6core, 6GB ram, 36GB SSD, 636GB bandwidth

Alright, only appropriate it's $636

Don't get greedy!

• How about the repeat of 8 cpu 8 gb ram 88 gb disk and 8 tb transfer for $8?

Thanked by 2Chronic kkrajk
  • @FAT32 question. how do you tell the flash deal has windows? for example 1036 you listed as having windows available. But when I was looking at Virmach's site it didnt show windows.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

timelapse said: How about the repeat of 8 cpu 8 gb ram 88 gb disk and 8 tb transfer for $8?

If I go to sleep and you roll that out, I am committing sudoku.

Thanked by 3timelapse uptime kkrajk
  • Chronic said: If I go to sleep and you roll that out, I am committing sudoku.

But if you are awake and fail to snag it? Will you commit seppuku?

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @Chronic said:

timelapse said: How about the repeat of 8 cpu 8 gb ram 88 gb disk and 8 tb transfer for $8?

If I go to sleep and you roll that out, I am committing sudoku.

*seppuku i think you mean hahaha

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

Introducing the upcoming VirBastardized™ plans.

Requested: 6 Core, 6GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 3TB Bandwidth in Buffalo @$30
    Improvement: All 3's and 6's swapped.

Requested: 4 Core, 4GB RAM, 40GB SSD, 4TB Bandwidth in Buffalo @$Undefined Price
    Improvement: Price is naturally going to be 4+4+40+4

Requested: Low RAM/CPU/Disk but 2TB+ Bandwidth in Los Angeles
    Improvement: We're going to go so low on the RAM & disk it'll be DOA. I'm actually worried about all the complaint we'll get from people that buy it but that's the kind of sacrifice we have to make around here.

Requested: 6GB RAM, 50GB SSD, 4 vCPU, 2TB Bandwidth in Atlanta or NY.
    Improvements: It's obviously going to be in Buffalo, and in effort to improveme the network there we will be limiting the bandwidth to 20GB. No, you can't buy more bandwidth. You're doomed to pay overages forever. Please don't even order this everyone will be unhappy in this situation because the price will actually be really good so we won't even profit. And it'll just waste space on our node.

Requested: 4 CPU, 1GB RAM, 100GB Bandwidth, 5GB Storage in NY or NJ
    Improvement: This is already pretty screwed up you can have it, who requested this? We're hiring.

Requested: 1/1gb/10b/1tb/1ipv4 for $6.99
    Improvement: Since we can't give 10 bytes of disk space. In fact I'll do you an insane favor, we've never done this before, I'll increase this 100 million times all the way up to 1GB. Please do not buy this plan I don't think it will work.

Requested: 2 Cores, 2GB
    Improvement: I'll save you the money, this won't create because it has either no disk or no memory.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited December 2019

Ouji said: But if you are awake and fail to snag it? Will you commit seppuku?

No. What do you think I am, psychotic?

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Can you add to cart, choose payment method and pay later? Or you have to pay immediately?

Thanked by 1Chronic

@RecD said:
    @Ouji said:

Thanks. It was my fault as I overreacted. VirMach explained that this is just a miscommunication. I thought the shutting of deals is caused by me criticising the deals.

@smallbibi said:
    Virmach however does not owe us anything and this was bound to happen eventually, since they probably were making too little if not losing money on some of the amazing deals in the past.

Sadly, this likely marks the end of an era of crazy unreasonable deals, but at least we can have more reasonable expectations for future sales from not only virmach but also other providers in future seasonal sales. :neutral:

I completely agree, but don't get me wrong, I am not talking about just the deals. Look at how the whole event is being organised now and you will see a big different, there's more efforts seen.

Even if VirMach did an illogical deal such as the 8 vCPU / 8GB RAM / 5GB Disk some time ago, it is still very fun.

@xiyan said:
    Can't agree more. Actually I couldn't believe virmach would apply my request within such a short time. Thanks again.

I actually asked for a extremely insanely crazily cheap Buffalo, but my request is being ignored, unlike yours, which actually makes me feel like I am the trouble maker.

@JabJab said:
    There were crazy deals, billing server on fire (even after they prepared even more than last year - they mentioned 10.000 people checking deals... that is fucking a lot). I think we just all wanted those crazy crazy crazy promos - like FREE or -90% of that good VPSSSD32G that some got it last time. And probably lack of OpenVZ/KVMLite was a problem for those insane deals too, but we can't really complain - VirMach tried to match things with KVM - where did you see KVM for 7$/year last time?

10k people checking deals are because there are hype at the beginning, I believe it reduced over time. As mentioned above, I am not looking for just deals, but the interactions.

@ben47955 said:
    I don't think you did something wrong. I think Virmach is busy and don't have time to entertainment this thread. Add to that the ovz to kvm conversion needed some ressource and specially because normal customer moved to somewhere else before ovz6 EOL. Ovz node left with mostly insane deal. This is something bad for them as deal are usually at lost. Personally I think they should have keep some ovz7 node.

I understand that he is busy, but as mentioned above it was a miscommunication due to that joke of the bot is heartbreaking.

At some point I actually curious about why VirMach choose to migrate at this busy festive period. It is possible for them to do it few weeks or months earlier to prevent from clashing the time.

@tridinebandim said:
    FAT32 come on man virmach here

A little too late, I was asleep at that time. Coincidence? maybe, maybe not.

@VirMach said:
    I'm not sure where you're making that correlation; the thing I said last night was a joke about the bot being broken.

The bot broke because I was tired and tried to change the algorithm and forgot to update something properly. Overall looking back, the deals seem better than the other auto-generated ones and sold better.

That's the key for my misunderstanding. I take it too seriously that I thought it was my fault for criticising.

@VirMach said:
    Just a joke, but I still disagree with you on the deals. I don't think we had 10GB / 2 core
    KVM services for under $4. I even re-did some requested OpenVZ deals with the same exact specifications for the same exact price, in KVM, and that's not easy to do when one of them was 110GB disk. Which is fully dedicated, not "KVM Lite."

That's true, things changed and I can't compare oranges to apples. Perhaps the best way is to assume disk is also dedicated when you made OpenVZ deals? That kinda makes me regret for not getting OpenVZ deals tho.

@VirMach said:
    Sure there hasn't been a $0.99 a year OpenVZ or something like the 8/8/8 deal, but that 8/8/8 didn't really go as intended. I wasn't expecting people to snipe it and then become ticket scalpers, re-selling it for a high price. On top of that a lot of these "resellers" aren't even following through with a proper transfer request to bypass any of our important screening, or to avoid a $3 fee (even though this is extremely under-priced and if we actually charged for our time it'd be closer to $15.) This creates more problems, especially when the third party deal goes south. I'll try to think of a way of doing this, but it will most likely have to be with some sort of account lockdown/non-transfer or it needs a quantity limit per person / can't be recurring.

To be honest, yes the 888 really didn't go as intended. If there's a second chance, I hope that plan didn't even exists at the first place. The way people are reselling it at a higher price makes me feel sad. I wish all of them are not transferable. Disallow email changing and transfer feature should solve most of the cases.

@VirMach said:
    You mention sub-$10 deals then you give these as examples. We did already have some deals that are a morph of those one way or another. No one's actually buying those type of plans though (low disk, high CPU) and these deal tracking websites are under-valuing some of those resources/miscalculating it so even if we were to list it no one would get the fire alarm notification. People complained about those type of deals as well and asked for less of them so we adjusted the bot to stop doing them with caps.

But I'll try to get these done for you if you believe they're good.

That's one reason my site doesn't include the value indicators, it is too subjective and bias at some cases. I would prefer people to do their due diligence rather than just grab a high value deal for better reselling purpose later.

I can see more sub-$10 deals now in the past few hours. Looking back to 2018, the highest spec KVM for sub-$10 (except the special 888) is 1 vCPU, 2GB RAM, 15G SSD, 750G BW, 10Gbps + 3Ghz.

Anyway, I shouldn't be comparing / complaining too much about this. You did your best on your busy schedule to make this happen, and it is hard to please everyone.

Thanks again and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanked by 2uptime MasonR
  • 8 CPU

8192MB RAM

100GB SSD

6000GB BW

Los Angeles, CA LOCATION

• btw...did @VirMach mentioned when the flash deals would be over with? I know last year we ran past Cyber Monday. Wondering if it'll be the same this year

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • VirMach said: Introducing the upcoming VirBastardized plans.

Welcome back, @VirMach! LOL!

• Requesting

4 CPU

2048MB RAM

10GB SSD

1000GB BW

NY

• @Chronic said:

Ouji said: But if you are awake and fail to snag it? Will you commit seppuku?

No. What do you think I am, psychotic?

Anyone whose still on this thread since day 1 is psychotic

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Third Bastardized Request
    RAM 64MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 3GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Los Angeles, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $3.99 /yr

LOL!!!

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • 64MB - will that even run on KVM?

• And here we go again, another nerve wrecking deal.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

hanhan said: 8 CPU

8192MB RAM

100GB SSD

6000GB BW

Los Angeles, CA LOCATION

Okay but it's gonna cost ya.

• @pullangcubo said:
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – The Third Bastardized Request
    RAM 64MB RAM
    CPU 1 vCORE
    HDD 3GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 2000GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION Los Angeles, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4
    $3.99 /yr

LOL!!!

I clicked "order now" then while it's still getting to the cart I noticed the 64MB Ram....Immediately backed out... phew

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited December 2019

@VirMach i would prefer medium specs with dedicated cores? thanks. Though I grabbed one of the specials the other day. Thanks for being the only decent provider around in this forum offering USA deals. @Nekki get more providers like VirMach and less oriental random Europe deals. Thanks!