Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• @PSKHosting said:

@emilio911 said:

The terms and conditions are also talking about the "acquirer of AlphaRacks". If PSK is really the "acquirer of Alphracks", PSK is now liable for Alpharacks (because when you "acquire" a company, you buy their assets as well as their liabilities). Even if the terms and conditions limit the liability for "loss of data", in most states you cannot limit liability for "willful acts". And it looks like turning off the servers and destroying the data is a "willful act"!

Finally, PSK (the "acquirer") might be liable for treble damages, because in a lot of states "willful acts" give rise to treble damages.

PSK Hosting did not acquire AlphaRacks.

Then PSK has no right whatsoever to have AlphaRacks' customers data.

• donlidonli Member

@PSKHosting said:

@ITLabs said:

@PSKHosting said:
    LOL. So much misinformation in this thread.

So, since you decided to show up, please enlighten and amuse us.

I don't talk to pigeons.

So IPoAC not supported at PSKhosting then ?

Thanked by 2MasonR SirFoxy
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@donli said:

@PSKHosting said:

@ITLabs said:

@PSKHosting said:
    LOL. So much misinformation in this thread.

So, since you decided to show up, please enlighten and amuse us.

I don't talk to pigeons.

So IPoAC not supported at PSKhosting then ?

No IPoAC, php selecter or master race for PISKAhosting.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • mmexpertmmexpert Member
    edited June 2019

@Prime404 said:

@emilio911 said:
    I really want to see this "transfer" clause.

Normally a transfer clause allows transfer of personal data only when there's continuity of services (such as merger/acquisition). In this case, alpharacks shut down their servers and PSK is using the mailing list to spam people. This is not a "transfer".

They added it in the last minute, as you can see by the following archive.org snapshot:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190613005025/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

On the 18th of May it was not there and I suspected it was added in just a few days ago:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190518031121/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

Funny enough, look at the date at the top of the May privacy policy. They didn't update the date lol.

Our Privacy Policy was last updated and posted on 14 October 2013

And then further on

We will also change the "Last Updated" date at the beginning of this Privacy Policy. Any changes we make to our Privacy Policy are effective as of this Last Updated date and replace any prior Privacy Policies.

Their policy shows no requirements to let anyone know it's updated, besides posting it on their website, and changing the last updated date. They didn't even do that!

Thanked by 1emilio911
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@zero24x said:
    Someone who prepaid with paypal and the paypal refund period is over has now zero chance of getting money back, right? Thats very bad to lose funds like this!!

Can someone confirm that, thanks?

So its possible in the USA, someone makes a company, goes out of business and keeps money without providing what people paid for?

Try contacting your credit card company. They might try to refund you as a good will gesture.

• @sanvit said:

@zero24x said:
    Someone who prepaid with paypal and the paypal refund period is over has now zero chance of getting money back, right? Thats very bad to lose funds like this!!

So its possible in the USA, someone makes a company, goes out of business and keeps money without providing what people paid for?

Try contacting your credit card company. They might try to refund you as a good will gesture.

Not good gesture only, under Visa and Mastercard rules, the bank has 120 days from the day they shut down to chargeback (max 2 years from transaction date)

• kmaskmas Member

@emilio911 said:

@sanvit said:

@zero24x said:

Not good gesture only, under Visa and Mastercard rules, the bank has 120 days from the day they shut down to chargeback (max 2 years from transaction date)

Not sure, but since it was made through PayPal, wouldn't that mean PayPal has to be the company that has shut down? I mean, the payment was made from Visa/Mastercard to PayPal, and then from PayPal to AlphaRacks.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@kmas said:

@emilio911 said:

@sanvit said:

@zero24x said:

Not sure, but since it was made through PayPal, wouldn't that mean PayPal has to be the company that has shut down? I mean, the payment was made from Visa/Mastercard to PayPal, and then from PayPal to AlphaRacks.

I've seen people successfully charging back payments made through PP. Plus, you don't have anything to lose (that is if you don't have funds on your PP account)?

• @kmas said:

@emilio911 said:

@sanvit said:

@zero24x said:

Not at all :) PayPal is the acquirer (the payment gateway). AlphaRacks is the merchant.

Just call your credit card company, but ask to speak directly with their dispute department. Don't let low level reps dissuade you.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited June 2019

@kmas -- I would only charge back a payment made through Visa/Mastercard with PayPal if I no longer wanted to have that PayPal account.

So I signed up with HostMyBytes for a couple of cheap ssl certs in 2016, they transfer my info to AlphaRacks, who gives my info to PSKhosting. Wonder where its going next?

• h2oh2o Member
    Thanked by 1emilio911
  • @h2o

Clearly not, because:

• donlidonli Member

@h2o said:

https://www.betaracks.com/

is it serious :grey_question:

Are you serious ?

• emilio911emilio911 Member
    edited June 2019

@FrankZ said:
    @kmas -- I would only charge back a payment made through Visa/Mastercard with PayPal if I no longer wanted to have that PayPal account.

So I signed up with HostMyBytes for a couple of cheap ssl certs in 2016, they transfer my info to AlphaRacks, who gives my info to PSKhosting. Wonder where its going next?

No, PayPal doesn't mind if you do a chargeback. It's not 1995 anymore.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

emilio911 said: No, PayPal doesn't mind if you do a chargeback. It's not 1995 anymore.

You are welcome to your opinion. I was only stating mine.

• @FrankZ said:

emilio911 said: No, PayPal doesn't mind if you do a chargeback. It's not 1995 anymore.

You are welcome to your opinion. I was only stating mine.

No need for your opinion. It's a fact. Nothing will happen to your PayPal account if you do a chargeback.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

That PSKHosting account probably was a fake, using proxies

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • LeviLevi Member

donli said: Are you serious ?

Yeaaa... Just look who'm they acquired: https://www.betaracks.com/about/

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @LTniger said:

donli said: Are you serious ?

Yeaaa... Just look who'm they acquired: https://www.betaracks.com/about/

Wtf...

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

Yes, the twitter is a fake troll account and full time cringelord.

'Arbuckle1Argon' was the previous name.

Look at who 'Mod Ash' replies to here.

Changed recently enough we can pull a cache of the original twitter account, then permanently Archive it.

If you're a fan of visual aids:

And when they decide to nuke the convo that outed them, here's an archive.org link.

• pepa65pepa65 Member

At least (?) the old AR (new PSK) logins don't work on BR...

• mr0xbmr0xb Member
    edited June 2019

Kind of off topic at this point, but I did submit a PayPal dispute for two payments to Alpharacks on June 12th, received full refunds from PayPal this morning (after Alpharacks "provided evidence")

Thanked by 2emilio911 rdan
  • willKwillK Member

I don't get it. Why these people have not been locked up? They just get away like that?

• I saw betaracks.com
    pls. we need gammaracks.com deltaracks.com epsilonracks.com.....

• @PSKHosting customer service be like:

• Alpha Rack most likely sold their Database.

• freeworry25freeworry25 Member
    edited June 2019

@AMebius said:
    pls. we need gammaracks.com deltaracks.com epsilonracks.com.....

Looks like someone bought deltaracks.com (Today) and gammaracks.com (2 days ago).

https://who.is/whois/deltaracks.com
    https://who.is/whois/gammaracks.com

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@VPSoffshore said:
    Alpha Rack most likely sold their Database.

nah... don't think so... In its Privacy Policy AlpacaRacks clearly stated that: "We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties..." So it was certainly a legitimate assets transfer between AlpacaRooster and PiskaRooster. No need to worry my man.

And, by the way, good luck with your provider tag ;-)

• KrisKris Member

Dear Adam & Team,

Kindly refund me as you deleted my account 3 minutes after I got my confirmation, otherwise this is going to be a fun chargeback.

Much <3

Thanked by 2Foul FlamesRunner
  • Sucessfully chargebacked my Nov 23 2018 transaction of $2 on my MasterCard :)

Thanked by 2ITLabs AnthonySmith