Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@hkmix said:

@donli said:

@hkmix said:
    Their website not able to access now ?

Which website ?

https://www.pskhosting.com/

It's working man.

• hkmixhkmix Member

@ITLabs said:

@hkmix said:

@donli said:

@hkmix said:

Which website ?

It's working man.

Interesting....

PING pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms
    64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms
    64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms

Able to ping the domain...but when i use chrome, is showing ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

anyway, never mind.

• donlidonli Member

@hkmix said:

Interesting....

64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms
    64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms
    64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms

Able to ping the domain...but when i use chrome, is showing ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

anyway, never mind.

They appear to be hosted with Namecheap so I doubt they'll go down for a significant period of time until they go out of business.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@hkmix said:

@ITLabs said:

@hkmix said:

@donli said:

@hkmix said:

Which website ?

It's working man.

Interesting....

anyway, never mind.

Working fine for me?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Network very fast my man.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • KrisKris Member

MasonR said: Beat them at their own game, set up an auto-forwarder so any emails from them just get forwarded back to [email protected]. Bonus points if you can find other PSK Hosting email addresses to CC in the email.

Bonus

Login to your account and change the email to : http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=2&s=0

e.g: [email protected]

Or just setup a Tor exit and see who you get a response from

Have given up and proven it. Quickly voided payments and account deleted once I made some activity.

Thanked by 2uptime MasonR
  • KrisKris Member

sanvit said: 64 bytes from server1.pskhosting.com (192.64.116.102): icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=50.9 ms

Namecheap Shared Hosting

E N T E R P R I S E

I feel bad for whoever sends these shitbirds equipment.

Someone tipped me off they use the same data center location names. But the whole shared Managing Director is a dead giveaway. Run fast.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • As much as the situation sucks to have your client data/information migrated to yet another shady host, I will say they are pretty quick about deleting your account info if you open a ticket. (Or at least renaming your email, whatever.)

Haven't gotten a single spam since I requested they removed my information from their database.

• @greenhat said:
    was alpharacks a chinese company? i live in china and i used to get emails from them in both english and chinese. now i get this psk shit. the business model follows the same scheme as chinese one. if your company sucks, rebrand it and try again. all the speculation in this thread points towards that conclusion. if psk isnt the new alpharacks, then it is pretty shitty of alpharacks for giving up their database to a supposed newcommer.

I am sure Adam Ng is Chinese based on his last name (the only other Ng i know is in tagalog but that's not a family name in Philippines) and he probably is of Southeast Asian Chinese origin. This probably explains why there's a Chinese version of emails and stuff.

• davicdavic Member
    edited June 2019

Maybe a list of all "probably AlphaRacks" sites would be great.

• @poisson said:

@greenhat said:
    was alpharacks a chinese company? i live in china and i used to get emails from them in both english and chinese. now i get this psk shit. the business model follows the same scheme as chinese one. if your company sucks, rebrand it and try again. all the speculation in this thread points towards that conclusion. if psk isnt the new alpharacks, then it is pretty shitty of alpharacks for giving up their database to a supposed newcommer.

I am sure Adam Ng is Chinese based on his last name (the only other Ng i know is in tagalog but that's not a family name in Philippines) and he probably is of Southeast Asian Chinese origin. This probably explains why there's a Chinese version of emails and stuff.

Yea, you will find all the Ng in the south of china or hong kong especially. Either way, this whole thing is an alpharacks refresh. They probably transporting their servers to their new data center now. Same shit, different label

• tetechtetech Member
    edited June 2019

poisson said: I am sure Adam Ng is Chinese based on his last name (the only other Ng i know is in tagalog but that's not a family name in Philippines) and he probably is of Southeast Asian Chinese origin.

I know heaps and they are all from Malaysia etc.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @greenhat said:
    Yea, you will find all the Ng in the south of china or hong kong especially. Either way, this whole thing is an alpharacks refresh. They probably transporting their servers to their new data center now. Same shit, different label

My experience is that those in China use the Mandarin pinyin spelling for the family name instead of the dialect tonal spelling, which is very common among the Southeast Asian Chinese diaspora for people whose ancestry hail from the Chaoshan region in Guangdong. This Adam guy sounds like a scheming scammer, which the joke goes around in my part of the world that if there is any money-related crime, it probably is a Chinese behind it (disclosure: I am ethnic southern Chinese Han and I find this funny and quite true)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Why doesn't ServerHub look into this and if it's AR shut them down? Are they just going to sit and do nothing so they can collect money for the one dedi PSK has.... pitiful.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ThresherHost said:
    Why doesn't ServerHub look into this and if it's AR shut them down? Are they just going to sit and do nothing so they can collect money for the one dedi PSK has.... pitiful.

Back in the day most people put ServerHub and CC in the same shitty basket, so i'd not be surprised.

Francisco

• Just wanted to share here, I filed a paypal dispute against one of the former itterations of AlphaRacks before they "sold out" to make the biggest company in the world lol. My last payment to them was 4 months ago. I opened a dispute and escalated it to paypal. So even though my payment went to a different provider, I copied the email saying they sold to Alpahracks, then I copied alpharacks email saying they were shutting down. I said it was not fair that I pay for a year of service, they hand me to another party, and then that party shuts down prematurely. Paypal refunded me in full after alpharacks prequal responded. Not sure what they said, but paypal refunded in my favor.

If you paid with paypal, DISPUTE!

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

@ThresherHost said:
    Why doesn't ServerHub look into this and if it's AR shut them down? Are they just going to sit and do nothing so they can collect money for the one dedi PSK has.... pitiful.

We've been made aware of this situation today by some of our partners expressing concern and we are internally investigating this situation. Anyone who has additional evidence to aid in our investigation is urged to submit this to us so that we may collect appropriate documentation for our legal team to aid in these efforts so that we may take appropriate action, please submit documentation using the "contact us" on this link: https://www.serverhub.com/company/contact

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • @JohnSH said:

@ThresherHost said:

We've been made aware of this situation today by some of our partners expressing concern and we are internally investigating this situation. Anyone who has additional evidence to aid in our investigation is urged to submit this to us so that we may collect appropriate documentation for our legal team to aid in these efforts so that we may take appropriate action, please submit documentation using the "contact us" on this link: https://www.serverhub.com/company/contact

I've submitted some very srs evidence

• @mmexpert

If you used a credit card, click that beautiful "dispute transaction" button. Not only does it force a $25 chargeback fee, but it's basically guaranteed given that banks heavily favour their clients over merchants.

• KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

JohnSH said: We've been made aware of this situation today by some of our partners expressing concern and we are internally investigating this situation. Anyone who has additional evidence to aid in our investigation is urged to submit this to us so that we may collect appropriate documentation for our legal team to aid in these efforts so that we may take appropriate action, please submit documentation using the "contact us" on this link: https://www.serverhub.com/company/contact

Follow the LLC and names.

https://bgp.he.net/ip/192.64.116.102#_whois

network:Org-Name:PSKHosting.com
    network:Street-Address:88 The Green Ste A
    network:City:Dover
    network:State:S
    network:Postal-Code:19901
    network:Country-Code:US

The LLC was never registered in Delaware.

You're working with aliases most likely. That's a serious KYC violation if and when things hit the fan.

I've sent the same to their payment processor.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited June 2019

@Kris said:

JohnSH said: We've been made aware of this situation today by some of our partners expressing concern and we are internally investigating this situation. Anyone who has additional evidence to aid in our investigation is urged to submit this to us so that we may collect appropriate documentation for our legal team to aid in these efforts so that we may take appropriate action, please submit documentation using the "contact us" on this link: https://www.serverhub.com/company/contact

Follow the LLC and names.

https://bgp.he.net/ip/192.64.116.102#_whois

network:Org-Name:PSKHosting.com
    network:Street-Address:88 The Green Ste A
    network:City:Dover
    network:State:S
    network:Postal-Code:19901
    network:Country-Code:US

The LLC was never registered in Delaware.

You're working with aliases most likely. That's a serious KYC violation if and when things hit the fan.

I've sent the same to their payment processor.

Address itself looks pretty fake to me

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @mmexpert

If you used a credit card, click that beautiful "dispute transaction" button. Not only does it force a $25 chargeback fee, but it's basically guaranteed given that banks heavily favour their clients over merchants.

Unfortunately for me, on the renewal, I just happened to have a paypal balance and it took it from that instead of charging my card. Or I certainly would have.

• @JohnSH said:

@ThresherHost said:

Can't wait to see how long this takes. It shouldn't take long but I won't be surprised if nothing happens.

• JohnSHJohnSH Member, Patron Provider

We've taken action based on our policies set forth within our User Agreement and appreciate the community submissions and outreach. Including the one from @SirFoxy :wink:

• @JohnSH said:
    We've taken action based on our policies set forth within our User Agreement and appreciate the community submissions and outreach. Including the one from @SirFoxy :wink:

Wow, Thanks for the fast update I stand corrected.

• @JohnSH said:

bless I hope you took serious consideration in my submission

• GuineaGuinea Member
    edited June 2019

I would like to add some info here, as I have also found that my information (including email, password, address, phone, everything) was transferred over to PSK Hosting. The only thing is, I was never a customer at AlphaRacks (although I did get their marketing emails, and now I get the PSK Hosting ones), I was a customer at a similar scam company called 'WootHosting' (likely ran by the same people, as it shutdown and became AlphaRacks). Anyways, I quickly cancelled and demanded a refund for my VPS on WootHosting about a year ago, as I realized they heavily oversold their VPS servers. You can see my 'review' of WootHosting here on WHT: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1720685. I was able to login to PSK Hosting today with the exact same email/password I used for Woothosting about a year ago. This is just more evidence to show that Woothosting == Alpharacks == PSK Hosting. I do believe all of these companies are run by the exact same people, and I certainly hope they eventually get caught and shutdown for the fraud, and god knows what other laws they're breaking regarding 'customer' data.

Some screenshots:

(I realize pretty much everything is blacked out, that is simply to protect my privacy, and I sure wouldn't want them doing a lookup on my account using my name and finding my IP. But believe me, ALL my info is there.

Again, I was never an AlphaRacks customer, im guessing the data was transferred from WootHosting > AlphaRacks > PSK Hosting.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Anyone has links to their 'Unlimited Reseller Account' promo from the spam mails? I'll just go buy one and make 1M accounts ;)

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@sanvit said:
    Anyone has links to their 'Unlimited Reseller Account' promo from the spam mails? I'll just go buy one and make 1M accounts ;)

Launch a cP-DDoP (Distributed Denial-Of-Profits)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • GuineaGuinea Member

@sanvit said:

I got an email today advertising 'master reseller' plans, not sure if it's what your looking for, but heres the link: https://clients.pskhosting.com/cart.php?gid=25