Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• imokimok Member

@Guinea said:
    I would like to add some info here

Nothing new unfortunately.

• @sanvit said:
    Anyone has links to their 'Unlimited Reseller Account' promo from the spam mails? I'll just go buy one and make 1M accounts ;)

Regardless of their previous actions, you should still use common sense before pulling a stunt like that off.

tl;dr don’t be like them

Thanked by 3sanvit Guinea netomx
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@doghouch said:

@sanvit said:
    Anyone has links to their 'Unlimited Reseller Account' promo from the spam mails? I'll just go buy one and make 1M accounts ;)

Regardless of their previous actions, you should still use common sense before pulling a stunt like that off.

tl;dr don’t be like them

Lol that was obviously a sarcasm ;)

• @sanvit said:

@doghouch said:

@sanvit said:

tl;dr don’t be like them

‘Twas a friendly reminder :-)

Thanked by 2sanvit netomx
  • @sanvit said:

@doghouch said:

@sanvit said:

tl;dr don’t be like them

;)

• GuineaGuinea Member
    edited June 2019

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but I found a site that lets you to do a historical WHOIS lookup, its: https://whois-history-api.whoisxmlapi.com/

I was able to lookup WootHosting and NFPHosting using the free credits they give you for signup, however I wasn't able to lookup AlphaRacks, since I ran out after 2 searches.

Anyways, heres the data (this is all from 2018, when they were operating):

WootHosting:

NFPHosting:

Kinda surprised they didn't have the privacy service enabled around the time they were operating (although it could very well just be a fake name and address). Anyways, the names are all different, but hopefully this info will help someone. If its already known, sorry.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Guinea

PSK only shows up domain privacy addresses

Thanked by 1Guinea
  • Warren_SmithWarren_Smith Member
    edited June 2019

I had a VPS with AR I used for a second copy of my sites. If my main system goes down I just change the IP in Cloudflare and I'm up and running again. I had a few weeks to go before the AlphaRacks VPS was due for renewal for another year at $7/yr. So I didn't really lose anything. I feel sorry for the other people involved.

A couple of weeks ago I took out a cheap account with PSKHosting and loaded my sites. It worked well for a while and was quite fast. Then a few days ago it went down for a couple of hours, then the day before yesterday, down again and has stayed down since.

They originally said it would take 4-6 hours to restore the system. That was 2 days ago. And its still down.

It's starting to look like it's a repeat of AR - already!

The reason I signed up was to follow them. If I'm going to bad mouth them, having a cheap account helps. Furthermore, my cc works well when I need to do a chargeback.

I'll keep yous posted.

Here's their latest update:

Screenshot-from-2019-06-29-12-07-00

• IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@Warren_Smith Their hosting contract with their current provider was terminated, and they are scrambling to re-host with another provider. Expect a RE-IP shortly.

The dead give-away this is Adam Ng and team is the complete lack of transparency or honesty. Their status page downplays it as "some customers are impacted", when its every single customer, and they are fully aware that they were being shut down, but didn't proactively alert their customer base. Their two nodes (cutely named 91 and 99) are having the contents rsync'd off network to a new provider now.

Lets see who hosts them next.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited June 2019

@sanvit said:

PSK only shows up domain privacy addresses

They finally level up!

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Warren_Smith said: They originally said it would take 4-6 hours to restore the system. That was 2 days ago. And its still down.

IonSwitch_Stan said: Their hosting contract with their current provider was terminated, and they are scrambling to re-host with another provider. Expect a RE-IP shortly.

@JohnSH you're the man! <3

Also, nice job @SirFoxy :)

• @MasonR said:

Warren_Smith said: They originally said it would take 4-6 hours to restore the system. That was 2 days ago. And its still down.

IonSwitch_Stan said: Their hosting contract with their current provider was terminated, and they are scrambling to re-host with another provider. Expect a RE-IP shortly.

@JohnSH you're the man! <3

Also, nice job @SirFoxy :)

Just doing my job 😂

• Just received a full refund from PSK without even asking for it. I then tried to login to my account but it seems to have been deleted - user unknown. Looks like it's deadpool for PSK?

• donlidonli Member
    edited June 2019

@Warren_Smith said:
    Just received a full refund from PSK without even asking for it. I then tried to login to my account but it seems to have been deleted - user unknown. Looks like it's deadpool for PSK?

Looks like they were out foxyd.

Thanked by 3SirFoxy poisson netomx
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Warren_Smith said:
    Just received a full refund from PSK without even asking for it. I then tried to login to my account but it seems to have been deleted - user unknown. Looks like it's deadpool for PSK?

At least they refunded this time

• @donli said:

@Warren_Smith said:

slapped my foxy cock on the table balls out cock out

• johnxenspecjohnxenspec Member, Host Rep

I would not trust these guys. They look very sketchy.

• @johnxenspec said:

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@johnxenspec said:

Nah... They're rock-solid man!

• I heard the PSK/Alpha Racks guys all wound up at cPanel and made their new pricing scheme /s

• @TinFoil2019 said:
    I heard the PSK/Alpha Racks guys all wound up at cPanel and made their new pricing scheme /s

sssssSsssssSsssssss snek 🐍

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • anaana Member

I would accept a PSK vps if they gave me the remaining time I had in the alpharacks annual plan, 7 months, but they offer only some months as a "bonus", no deal

• The probably should be removed not only because of proof but also for the one like OCD on mobile

• @donli said:

Well-played

• Are they still down from Server Hub yanking the dedi? HA!

• You are write
    They make me fool one more time.
    See my last ticket there:

Let me see if I get it right:

1 - You with the Alpharack names are blocked, or do not pay for the data-center, lose all my data and do not return the amounts paid in advance.
    2 - You using another name, now psk hosting, offer services similar to those of before, elsewhere.
    3 - I, innocently contract an alphareseller service with whm. and upload my files, set up website, whmcs, etc.
    4 - The new DC discovers psk hosting and alpharacks are the same company that hurt thousands of people, and kicks you out.
    5 - Again, you lose all my data and the other customers, and now you can not even get more whm licenses, probably because do not paid cpanel, and now you give me a directadmin reseller.

I do not understand, today is July 2, not April 1. It's a joke, right? You are going to deliver the service I bought, and the backups of all my data.

Phew, you almost fool me. It was the best joke of the year ..
    kkkkkkkkkkkk

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@samucamg said:
    You are write

Hmm... perhaps you got scammed. Did you get an answer to your ticket? Asked for a refund?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Try turning it and off.

It might erase a selective part of your memory and make everything great again.

• And the offers keep on coming:

If you would like to unsubscribe from PSK Hosting’s emails, you may click https://deleted.php?action=details#emailpreferences to be removed from our mailing list, ...

Like I'm falling for that one. Just filter to trash.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @samucamg said:
    You are write

Let me see if I get it right:

1 - You with the Alpharack names are blocked, or do not pay for the data-center, lose all my data and do not return the amounts paid in advance.
    2 - You using another name, now psk hosting, offer services similar to those of before, elsewhere.
    3 - I, innocently contract an alphareseller service with whm. and upload my files, set up website, whmcs, etc.
    4 - The new DC discovers psk hosting and alpharacks are the same company that hurt thousands of people, and kicks you out.
    5 - Again, you lose all my data and the other customers, and now you can not even get more whm licenses, probably because do not paid cpanel, and now you give me a directadmin reseller.

I do not understand, today is July 2, not April 1. It's a joke, right? You are going to deliver the service I bought, and the backups of all my data.

Phew, you almost fool me. It was the best joke of the year ..
    kkkkkkkkkkkk

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

This is on you, not them.

Thanked by 1netomx