Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• I think the reality here is that nothing will happen, and most likely nothing will change when the next reincarnation comes along and the whole shit show starts again.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

$7

• ocalleocalle Member

where?

• @ITLabs said:
    $7

Ubuntu?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@corbpie said:

@ITLabs said:
    $7

Ubuntu?

Only Pangolin 12.04.5 supported my man...

• KrisKris Member

dahartigan said: I think the reality here is that nothing will happen, and most likely nothing will change when the next reincarnation comes along and the whole shit show starts again.

I know KYC is a big thing, probably more so in PAYMENTS.

I wonder if their payment processor (FastSpring) who happily signs all PSK Hosting Invoices with their W9 knows that PSK Hosting isn't incorporated in Delaware as they claim to be.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2019

joepie91 said: Funny how nobody has issues believing that that's exactly the way it works, when the country making the laws is the US.

Because what is the EU gonna do, sanction us? Four letters: NATO. (I'm not trying to be cocky just playfully note the "balance of power" thing and while economic shifts occur throughout generations, the US has more bargaining power today to create penalties for many other countries than the EU has to create penalties for the US, just the state of the world in it's current iteration)

One should have zero expectation of this shady hosting company following GDPR.

Thanked by 1KermEd
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Kris said: Kindly refund me as you deleted my account 3 minutes after I got my confirmation, otherwise this is going to be a fun chargeback.

They knew what was coming lol

Thanked by 1Kris
  • KrisKris Member
    edited June 2019

jar said: They knew what was coming lol

Thanked by 3jar Foul FlamesRunner
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited June 2019

@joepie91 said:

@MasonR said:

@SirFoxy said:
    Europeans gotta stop thinking Americans give a fuck about GDPR.

Literally will have no effect on us, nor will any American companies give one fuck about it unless they're also based in the EU.

"BuT it'S THe LaW!!!11!"

Yeah, about that... Your country can't make laws and expect them to be adhered to worldwide. That's not the way it works.

Funny how nobody has issues believing that that's exactly the way it works, when the country making the laws is the US.

NL GDP: 826.2 billion USD (2017)

US GDP: 19.39 trillion USD (2017)

NL POP: 17.08 million (2017)

US POP: 327.2 million (2018)

The entire EU GDP: 17.34 trillion USD (2018)

Hmmmm wonder why

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • rdanrdan Member

@mr0xb said:
    Kind of off topic at this point, but I did submit a PayPal dispute for two payments to Alpharacks on June 12th, received full refunds from PayPal this morning (after Alpharacks "provided evidence")

How did you manage to do this? If you'd be willing to share, what you typed and what "proof"?

Paypal's denied me twice. My renewal was on the 12th, if I recall, but I paid just at the end of May. Paypal is finding in favor of AlphaRacks, which is pretty awesome for a company that's shut its doors.

The money is trivial, but the principle has me seething, and I can't get a straight answer from Paypal on their justification. I'm not getting my year of service from June 12th 2019 to June 12th 2020, how is this not clear cut? Anyone else? (I'll note I signed up with Woothosting on one of the BF deals, and for what I used it for, I was completely satisfied...)

Here's Paypal's boilerplate screw off:
    After having reviewed all the details, and based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.

(And if there's a better place to ask this, please direct me there; thanks! :wink: )

• mr0xbmr0xb Member

@rdan said:

@mr0xb said:
    Kind of off topic at this point, but I did submit a PayPal dispute for two payments to Alpharacks on June 12th, received full refunds from PayPal this morning (after Alpharacks "provided evidence")

How did you manage to do this? If you'd be willing to share, what you typed and what "proof"?

All I did was file that my product/service was not received and then explained the dates in which they stopped working and when Alpharacks ceased to respond to me about them. I was billed and charged after the outage started for both of these invoices if that helps.

Paypal removed formatting but here is my initial complaint to paypal if it helps.

"Alpharacks.com has had a major service outage starting on May 16 (spanning until now). Initially there was one instance where the announced an "outage" and that they were working on this outage. The servers are still down and they have announced today at precisely 7:14PM that they are closing their doors. I have tried a number of times to contact them during this outage period but have received no response and no information as to if there is going to a refund processed on their side. I have now presumably lost my data and it is unlikely that it will be recovered. Their support page has also been down and inaccessible for most of this outage period."

Thanked by 1rdan
  • @andiklive said:
    do you know what PSK mean ini our country?

PSK = pekerja seks komersial

haha, LOL it myself.

OR Commercial Sex Worker

• donlidonli Member

@mr0xb said:

All I did was file that my product/service was not received and then explained the dates in which they stopped working and when Alpharacks ceased to respond to me about them. I was billed and charged after the outage started for both of these invoices if that helps.

I think the key was "not received".

Thanked by 1netomx
  • fhnericfhneric Member
    edited June 2019

Oh look, outlook is doing something useful for once.

• rdanrdan Member

@mr0xb said:

Awesome, thanks. I think my problem is I filed the dispute wrong, as "other" initially. It's pretty rare when I dispute charges, and this might be my first time doing it with Paypal. Now it's properly categorized as "Did not receive item", so maybe third time's the charm!

I appreciate the response and initial complaint example; that's really very helpful. Thanks again! :smile:

• JohnMiller92JohnMiller92 Member
    edited June 2019

I got a "alpharacks is closing" email last week or so. In that email they mentioned 3 other hosts. One of them was PSK Hosting IIRC. Now, I'm getting bombarded with PSKHosting emails.

@alpharacks Not nice of you to do that IMO

edit: I'm sure my post means something.. lol just venting. But yeah.

edit2: FWIW here is the email:

• @JohnMiller92 maybe read the previous posts?

• was alpharacks a chinese company? i live in china and i used to get emails from them in both english and chinese. now i get this psk shit. the business model follows the same scheme as chinese one. if your company sucks, rebrand it and try again. all the speculation in this thread points towards that conclusion. if psk isnt the new alpharacks, then it is pretty shitty of alpharacks for giving up their database to a supposed newcommer.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

srsly?

• donlidonli Member

@brueggus said:
    srsly?

Welcome to the new spam, same as the old spam.

Thanked by 2MasonR netomx
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Told you so.

Just change your email address.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • imokimok Member

deank said: Just change your email address.

You mean in his life? Because they don't allow email address changes in their panel.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited June 2019

Beat them at their own game, set up an auto-forwarder so any emails from them just get forwarded back to [email protected]. Bonus points if you can find other PSK Hosting email addresses to CC in the email.

• sumonsumon Member

same here i got same email from PSK, they already have ser data and login.
    i simple login with old alpharack email id and passwords,
    when i ask can u help me to restore my old hosting account with all website data, they try to play with words.
    unfortunately i dont have my backup in my hdd, my website still down due to alpharack exit hosting business without prior notice

• hkmixhkmix Member

Their website not able to access now ?

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@hkmix said:

Unfortunately AlpacaRack's site is temporarily unavailable.

• donlidonli Member

@hkmix said:

Which website ?

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@donli said:

@hkmix said:

Which website ?

Alpaca's = no IPv6

• hkmixhkmix Member