Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited June 2019

Just received an email from PSK there ready to help all the AlphaRacks customers out... Think I'll pass

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

angstrom said: Oh, Ant, do you really want to go that way?

Sure, I don't mind draining the pool, at least people know when I sell stuff at stupidly low prices it will be GDPR complaint and still here next summer.

Thanked by 2Foul Saragoldfarb
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@AnthonySmith said:

angstrom said: Oh, Ant, do you really want to go that way?

Sure, I don't mind draining the pool, at least people know when I sell stuff at stupidly low prices it will be GDPR complaint and still here next summer.

I think that this is the first time that you've offered 1€/year shared hosting, isn't it? I feel tempted ...

angstrom said: I think that this is the first time that you've offered 1€/year shared hosting, isn't it? I feel tempted ...

or €3.00 for 3 years :)

Support is optional upon checkout.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2019

I dropped a ticket to them:

https://imgur.com/AJXcMSx

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2019

@LTniger said:
    I dropped a ticket to them:

https://imgur.com/AJXcMSx

I've always thought it is shady when companies use generic users to respond to support tickets instead of using their real name.

Name: XXXX Support
    "Thanks, XXXX Support"

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @Saragoldfarb said:
    Anybody knows if they were incorporated or a registered company? Same for PSK.

Nothing on the CA Secretary of State, Ventura County, or LA County sites for PSK or AlphaRacks.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • LeviLevi Member

AnthonySmith said: Ok so about time for a real refugee offer?

Let the corpses cool down before feasting on dead bodies...

• citrixcitrix Member

You are obtaining this email because you’ve opted in previously at www.alpharacks.com, and PSK Hosting has taken over and merged the Alpharacks customer list to better service former customers. If you would like to unsubscribe from PSK Hosting’s emails, you may click here to be removed from our mailing list, or respond to this e-mail for help. You may also view our privacy policy to review how we take your privacy seriously.

So apparently I was opted in at Alpharacks, I don't think so I had opted out a long time ago.............

LTniger said: Let the corpses cool down before feasting on dead bodies...

I think its been about a month, and I would also suggest that this is not feasting on the dead bodies as the phoenix'ing of AlphaScam is attempting to do, it is providing those that will only ever dredge the bottom a viable alternative that will not end up in drama and dead bodies in 6 months.

• wtfcookwtfcook Member
    edited June 2019

Never had an account with AR, but the login for both my old NFP and Woot accounts work.

Edit: Work on AlphaRacks PSKHosting.

• Nothing is faster than sending spam emails for AlphaRacks PSKHosting.
    A huge wave of spam is coming on their way :) Hang tight!

• donlidonli Member

@wtfcook said:
    Never had an account with AR, but the login for both my old NFP and Woot accounts work.

You had an AlphaRacks account, you just didn't know it.

• @donli said:

@wtfcook said:

You had an AlphaRacks account, you just didn't know it.

Obviously. Figured it was all just one shared database between them anyways, even before Woot and NFP were "acquired". They all used the same spam tactics. Sending from their support@ email.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    You are obtaining this email because you’ve opted in previously at www.alpharacks.com, and PSK Hosting has taken over and merged the Alpharacks customer list to better service former customers. If you would like to unsubscribe from PSK Hosting’s emails, you may click here to be removed from our mailing list, or respond to this e-mail for help. You may also view our privacy policy to review how we take your privacy seriously.

LOL

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • Isn't this just a name change? The same guy under a different name? I give them 2 months. Mabe they change their name to RIP hosting then.

• donlidonli Member

@jordynegen11 said:
    Isn't this just a name change? The same guy under a different name? I give them 2 months. Mabe they change their name to RIP hosting then.

Well riphosting.com is already taken.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@donli said:

@jordynegen11 said:
    Isn't this just a name change? The same guy under a different name? I give them 2 months. Mabe they change their name to RIP hosting then.

And illbebackhosting.com?

• @ITLabs said:

@donli said:

@jordynegen11 said:

More like terminatedhosting.com

Thanked by 2ITLabs dedotatedwam
  • donlidonli Member

@ITLabs said:

@donli said:

@jordynegen11 said:

dejavuhosting.com is unregistered.

Thanked by 2ITLabs SunshineHost
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I have same username+password on WootHosting and several other sites including Twitter. Does WHMCS store passwords encrypted, or shall I start worrying?

• @yoursunny said:
    I have same username+password on WootHosting and several other sites including Twitter. Does WHMCS store passwords encrypted, or shall I start worrying?

Why would you do that in the first place. Get a password manager.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • donlidonli Member

@yoursunny said:

You should worry because you shouldn't do that.

Thanked by 1taubin
  • And the spam already have started

• On the bright side, they swiftly removed my account and details when I asked them to:

Well, of course that's assuming they didn't just change the email on the account or something.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yoursunny said:

I actually used the same email+password with alpha and twitter, and I got an email from twitter that an unknown device logged in to my account. But I'm pretty sure it's not them and just a bad coincidence since the account was logged in in south korea.

• review how we take your privacy seriously

• KrisKris Member

I got the 4GB RAM offer, I signed up. They didn't want me scoping things out further. Guess the cat's out of the bag.

They promptly deleted my account minutes after making payment, the very one they imported from AlphaRacks.

Also to make it look like they had previous sales, instead of invoices starting at 00000 the dumbshits just made it 70000, I was 70054.

Hey Adam and Dustin!

PS: Just for wasting my time and deleting my account that shit is getting reported to Amazon SES.

• amjamj Member

I got an email from them:
    Subject: [NEW] 4 GB VPS, OpenVZ 7 with Docker Support for $5/month + 30% OFF SITE WIDE!

I've report the spam to [email protected] and [email protected].

• KrisKris Member

Their /25 IP block was just assigned June 3, 2019.

Their Dover, DE address, listed as 'Dover, S' is owned by 'A Registered Agent' - a company used to quickly incorporate.

They're stupid if they think buying an aged domain that expired and adding '70000' as the WHMCS starting invoice is good enough.

Using bgp.he.net, since NameCheap SWIP's all to their customers, here's the info submitted.

PSKHosting.com
    88 The Green Ste A
    Dover S 19901

CREATED: 2019-06-03

autharea=192.64.116.0/25
    xautharea=192.64.116.0/25
    network:Class-Name:network
    network:Auth-Area:192.64.116.0/25
    network:ID:NET-79999.192.64.116.102
    network:Network-Name:
    network:IP-Network:192.64.116.102
    network:IP-Network-Block:192.64.116.102
    network:Org-Name:PSKHosting.com
    network:Street-Address:88 The Green Ste A
    network:City:Dover
    network:State:S
    network:Postal-Code:19901
    network:Country-Code:US
    network:Tech-Contact:MAINT-79999.192.64.116.102
    network:Created:20190603211211000
    network:Updated:20190603211211000
    network:Updated-By:[email protected]

Some of the clients on that /25 (whole /24 is listed) : BGP.he.net

Of interest is ServerBundle.com - maybe their next pivot? And of course there's some Iranian domains. What's the current state of exporting any tech to Iran?

Finally, they are not yet registered in the state of Delaware, they should have expedited the formation.

Good fun.