Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoid PSK Hosting! PSK Hosting == AlphaRacks (probably)!

Comments

• I will buy the VPS package today for science.

• @stefeman said:
    I will buy the VPS package today for science.

For sure you will get a good speed, because you will be the only one customer there :) :)

Thanked by 1taubin
  • I'm getting more emails, just generic VPS offers signed "You are obtaining this email because you???ve opted in previously at www.alpharacks.com, and PSK Hosting has taken over and merged the Alpharacks customer list to better service former customers" ... yeah ok. Will be avoiding for sure.

Thanked by 1captainwasabi
  • LeviLevi Member

Title should be updated and '(probably)' removed as it is definitely AlphaScammers!

• KrisKris Member

LTniger said: Title should be updated and '(probably)' removed as it is definitely AlphaScammers!

I would guess so.

If they had no connection to Adam or Dustin, they wouldn't have ran when I signed up.

Figured buying a VPS from this 'new company' who just happened to have a full database export would be a good canary in the coal mine if these were the LA based shitbirds.

Also, if they had the entire WHMCS DB as they clearly do, why wouldn't they just import past services somewhere (even another sandbox server) to verify deals people had? Selectively importing and dropping tables it seems.

How do you get user, hashed PW, but no products?

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Reminds me of when I received this garbage back in Feb 2017 - this 'Garrett' never worked for Ubiquity and his identity very much still unknown.

• I was curious to what their rescue plan was and if there was free time involved or if they're just fishing for sales. I'm deleting their domain but you can figure out how to add it back if you want.

VPS Resource Pools (Create Multiple VPS) - /cart.php?gid=22
    VPS Specials (OpenVZ 7) - /cart.php?gid=23

The plans are almost specifically modified so they don't match up perfectly and they offered me 3 months free credit when I pay upfront for at least a year lol. Too bad no one would ever get those 3 months. They'll be long dead by then.

I asked to be removed from their database and spam list and first thing this morning I got their 4GB VPS offer in my email. If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig.... ???

• tetechtetech Member
    edited June 2019

mmexpert said: If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig....

...it should be slaughtered for bacon

• @tetech said:

mmexpert said: If it looks like a pig, smells like a pig....

...it should be slaughtered for bacon

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...... bacon.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • donbdonb Member
    edited June 2019

Foul said: My two ar accounts still magically don't exist in PSK.

Well, it worked for me. I was able to login with AR credentials on PSK whmcs. May be try their password reset feature on your email registered with AR?

However, their claim of free months, backup restoration, etc is false. I sent them a ticket with all proofs of my services with AR which have a validity of more than 6 months as of now. They replied me by sending me offers to purchase new services with them.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2019

Test IP to my VPS: 170.130.231.154

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CPU model            : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v2 @ 2.60GHz
    Number of cores      : 1
    CPU frequency        : 2599.841 MHz
    Total size of Disk   : 30.0 GB (0.8 GB Used)
    Total amount of Mem  : 1024 MB (17 MB Used)
    Total amount of Swap : 1024 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime        : 0 days, 0 hour 5 min
    Load average         : 0.23, 0.34, 0.16
    OS                   : Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
    Arch                 : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel               : 3.10.0-957.10.1.vz7.85.17
    I/O speed(1st run)   : 657 MB/s
    I/O speed(2nd run)   : 837 MB/s
    I/O speed(3rd run)   : 838 MB/s
    Average I/O speed    : 777.3 MB/s
    Node Name                       IPv4 address            Download Speed
    CacheFly                        205.234.175.175         110MB/s
    Linode, Tokyo, JP               106.187.96.148          18.7MB/s
    Linode, Singapore, SG           139.162.23.4            11.7MB/s
    Linode, London, UK              176.58.107.39           17.0MB/s
    Linode, Frankfurt, DE           139.162.130.8           15.4MB/s
    Linode, Fremont, CA             50.116.14.9             93.6MB/s
    Softlayer, Dallas, TX           173.192.68.18           35.7MB/s
    Softlayer, Seattle, WA          67.228.112.250          109MB/s
    Softlayer, Frankfurt, DE        159.122.69.4            10.2MB/s
    Softlayer, Singapore, SG        119.81.28.170           8.74MB/s
    Softlayer, HongKong, CN         119.81.130.170          11.6MB/s

Costed 6,20 USD/m with VAT.. fuckers did not include VAT in prices.

root@eilif:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/test1.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync
    1+0 records in
    1+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB, 1.0 GiB) copied, 6.08183 s, 177 MB/s

They are using/reselling serverhub.

Location is Seattle.

• Any good VPS for Neflix an Hulu?
    Quadranet ASN is blocked

• Can confirm the relationship with NFP Hosting. Got the PSK Hosting newsletter to the mail address registerted at NFP Hosting.

• @whiterabbit said:
    I'm getting more emails, just generic VPS offers signed "You are obtaining this email because you???ve opted in previously at www.alpharacks.com, and PSK Hosting has taken over and merged the Alpharacks customer list to better service former customers" ... yeah ok. Will be avoiding for sure.

I really want to see this "transfer" clause.

Normally a transfer clause allows transfer of personal data only when there's continuity of services (such as merger/acquisition). In this case, alpharacks shut down their servers and PSK is using the mailing list to spam people. This is not a "transfer".

• @emilio911 said:

Normally a transfer clause allows transfer of personal data only when there's continuity of services (such as merger/acquisition). In this case, alpharacks shut down their servers and PSK is using the mailing list to spam people. This is not a "transfer".

They added it in the last minute, as you can see by the following archive.org snapshot:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190613005025/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

On the 18th of May it was not there and I suspected it was added in just a few days ago:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190518031121/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

Thanked by 3Falzo mrTom dystopia
  • @cybertech said:
    any good deals from PSK?

they offer 4GB RAM VPS @ only usd45/year.

i almost prepare to buy it but still wonder, then search and come to this topic

i am one of abused customers of alpharack, lost money and also the data on their super cheap vps

• apparently there is a twitter account @PSKHosting created in may 2019. nothing hosting related, just some controversial tweets

• imokimok Member

I hope you guys are trolling when you say you want to buy from them again.

• emilio911emilio911 Member
    edited June 2019

@Prime404 said:

@emilio911 said:

They added it in the last minute, as you can see by the following archive.org snapshot:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190613005025/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

On the 18th of May it was not there and I suspected it was added in just a few days ago:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190518031121/https://www.alpharacks.com/legal/privacy/

Thanks for confirming the illegality of the operation.

1) I never received a notice of change of the terms of use -- I guess no one received one, please let me know if you did receive one (A notice is required when changing terms of use)

2) A company cannot change terms and conditions as fast as this, it usually requires a 30 days notice

3) And most importantly! Even under their own terms and conditions, what they did is illegal.

AlphaRacks at anytime may choose to buy, sell, or transfer assets. In these type of transactions, information about Customers as well as aggregated and anonymized data is typically one but not limited to the amount of business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if AlphaRacks or substantially all of its assets were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is reviewed and transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of AlphaRacks may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Policy.

In the clause, they are talking about selling or transferring "assets". This means that there needs to be a continuity of services. But they shut down their own servers! So, there is no transfer of "assets".

The terms and conditions are also talking about the "acquirer of AlphaRacks". If PSK is really the "acquirer of Alphracks", PSK is now liable for Alpharacks (because when you "acquire" a company, you buy their assets as well as their liabilities). Even if the terms and conditions limit the liability for "loss of data", in most states you cannot limit liability for "willful acts". And it looks like turning off the servers and destroying the data is a "willful act"!

Finally, PSK (the "acquirer") might be liable for treble damages, because in a lot of states "willful acts" give rise to treble damages.

• LOL. So much misinformation in this thread.

• @PSKHosting said:
    LOL. So much misinformation in this thread.

Correct it then.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@PSKHosting said:

So, since you decided to show up, please enlighten and amuse us.

• zero24xzero24x Member
    edited June 2019

Someone who prepaid with paypal and the paypal refund period is over has now zero chance of getting money back, right? Thats very bad to lose funds like this!!

Can someone confirm that, thanks?

So its possible in the USA, someone makes a company, goes out of business and keeps money without providing what people paid for?

• @ITLabs said:

@PSKHosting said:

I don't talk to pigeons.

• @emilio911 said:

The terms and conditions are also talking about the "acquirer of AlphaRacks". If PSK is really the "acquirer of Alphracks", PSK is now liable for Alpharacks (because when you "acquire" a company, you buy their assets as well as their liabilities). Even if the terms and conditions limit the liability for "loss of data", in most states you cannot limit liability for "willful acts". And it looks like turning off the servers and destroying the data is a "willful act"!

Finally, PSK (the "acquirer") might be liable for treble damages, because in a lot of states "willful acts" give rise to treble damages.

PSK Hosting did not acquire AlphaRacks.

• @PSKHosting said:

This has got to be a troll account, like the Twitter account, but..

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@PSKHosting said:

@ITLabs said:

@PSKHosting said:

I don't talk to pigeons.

Thanked by 3dahartigan Falzo imok
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

PSKHosting said: PSK Hosting did not acquire AlphaRacks.

Yeah we know, PSK Hosting is AlphaRacks.