Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium

123457»

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@desperand @uptime Might wanna have a look at my last few posts as well as @sanvit posts. Should fix the issue of your clients downloading slow. It doesn't even count towards your 1Fichier CDN usage as it just logs in as you (that has premium account) on the backend to dl the file.

Thanked by 2sanvit uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker said:
    @desperand @uptime Might wanna have a look at my last few posts as well as @sanvit posts. Should fix the issue of your clients downloading slow. It doesn't even count towards your CDN storage as it just logs in as you (that has premium account) on the backend to dl the file.

1fichier returns a direct download link when you log in as a premium user, and the php script (or in my case bunnycdn) just redirects you to the direct download link, which consumes like 4KB of bandwidth per request. For those who are lazy, I will open up my link for now

https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?{1fichier_file_code}
    e.g. https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?hszdwkycbwl3fhca1gef

Thanked by 2Ympker bingox
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:
    @desperand @uptime Might wanna have a look at my last few posts as well as @sanvit posts. Should fix the issue of your clients downloading slow. It doesn't even count towards your CDN storage as it just logs in as you (that has premium account) on the backend to dl the file.

1fichier returns a direct download link when you log in as a premium user, and the php script (or in my case bunnycdn) just redirects you to the direct download link, which consumes like 4KB of bandwidth per request. For those who are lazy, I will open up my link for now

Nice! Shouldn't it be https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?a={1fichier_file_code} though? :P

For anyone else: Use the opportunity to try your 1Fichier shares on this link. Should work like a charm.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

Nice! Shouldn't it be https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?a={1fichier_file_code} though? :P

For anyone else: Use the opportunity to try your 1Fichier shares on this link. Should work like a charm.

Nope. Did it via BunnyCDN which is just nginx reverse proxy so the url scheme stays the same as the original 1fichier

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker, @sanvit

First of all sorry. Sorry, if I'm acting or insulting a company what you guys love. I do not want to offend the company and you guys too.

Second, the key problem of my not good reviews about them in next:

Each term has some general definition and understanding. If something has 4 wheels, looks like a car, have a sit for a driver, require driver license, eat benzene and can drive. It's probably a car. Is not it?

If something name itself like:

And then write something like:

(4 wheels, looks like a car)

So I expect that this is a "cloud storage".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_storage

What "in general" we know about cloud storage?

That "these" cloud storages can be different like API ones, like without any web access, like with access only from 3rd party tools, etc. But all of these types of storages easy to identify BEFORE buying them, because their responsible owners telling to a potential client: "Hey, your data will be stored with us, you can use xx/yy/zz tools to access your data, folders, files, etc, you can delete, remove, do whatever you want with these files".

What do 1fichier:

1. "you can do bla bla bla bla bla"
    2. bla bla bla bla
    3. 100gb bla bla bla
    4. dozen of other reasons to pick them instead of other competitors.
    5. BUT! They're limiting you only upload up to 5 files at once. Have weird file structures, no abilities to normally sort your files, access them, share, whatever.

It's like when you buying a car:
    1. we selling a car here is 4 wheels
    2. here is 300km/s speed
    3. here is bla bla bla 100500 reasons to pick this car over any other brand.
    4. Now you paying
    5. BUT! You can drive only every night on 29 February, otherwise, you will not be allowed to do that and impossible to avoid this.

That my key problem.

If they will say from the start: "Hey, dude, yes we offer such big space, yes we offer good network speeds, but to keep it good we forced to restrict almost all of our users to upload files, for example you will not be able to upload a whole folder, or delete files easy, or search files with us easy, or sort files directly on the storage, and all users that will try to download from non premium plans your files will not be able to do it normally without being throttled and restricted 1 download per hour."

If they will just say it somewhere or write it somewhere about their UI restrictions and problems, it for sure will remove all of the problems. But there is no such warning before using their services, nor in FAQ, even answers from support very weird.

Just if they simply will tell me that before buying I will know:

"ok, this shit cheap, ok, this shit restricted, but this shit offer too much space, and price pretty okay, so I know what I'm buying and what I will get, and I will use it on my own risk".

And there will be no complaints at all from me. Because I did knew what I bought.

All that I want from a seller before buying something it's not be a tricky dick and say honestly: "yes, the price like that because we do x,y,z and have a,b,c, buy it or leave."

But they positioned like they're an alternative to mega, google drive, Mediafire (even Mediafire is better), onedrive, while they're not. And to be clear, the real alternative to 1fietcher is Depositfiles, Rapidshare, and other warez sites.

Sorry, If I offend something.

Thanked by 2Ympker uptime
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@desperand said:
    @Ympker, @sanvit

First of all sorry. Sorry, if I'm acting or insulting a company what you guys love. I do not want to offend the company and you guys too.

Second, the key problem of my not good reviews about them in next:

Each term has some general definition and understanding. If something has 4 wheels, looks like a car, have a sit for a driver, require driver license, eat benzene and can drive. It's probably a car. Is not it?

If something name itself like:

And then write something like:

(4 wheels, looks like a car)

So I expect that this is a "cloud storage".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_storage

What "in general" we know about cloud storage?

That "these" cloud storages can be different like API ones, like without any web access, like with access only from 3rd party tools, etc. But all of these types of storages easy to identify BEFORE buying them, because their responsible owners telling to a potential client: "Hey, your data will be stored with us, you can use xx/yy/zz tools to access your data, folders, files, etc, you can delete, remove, do whatever you want with these files".

What do 1fichier:

1. "you can do bla bla bla bla bla"
    2. bla bla bla bla
    3. 100gb bla bla bla
    4. dozen of other reasons to pick them instead of other competitors.
    5. BUT! They're limiting you only upload up to 5 files at once. Have weird file structures, no abilities to normally sort your files, access them, share, whatever.

It's like when you buying a car:
    1. we selling a car here is 4 wheels
    2. here is 300km/s speed
    3. here is bla bla bla 100500 reasons to pick this car over any other brand.
    4. Now you paying
    5. BUT! You can drive only every night on 29 February, otherwise, you will not be allowed to do that and impossible to avoid this.

That my key problem.

If they will say from the start: "Hey, dude, yes we offer such big space, yes we offer good network speeds, but to keep it good we forced to restrict almost all of our users to upload files, for example you will not be able to upload a whole folder, or delete files easy, or search files with us easy, or sort files directly on the storage, and all users that will try to download from non premium plans your files will not be able to do it normally without being throttled and restricted 1 download per hour."

If they will just say it somewhere or write it somewhere about their UI restrictions and problems, it for sure will remove all of the problems. But there is no such warning before using their services, nor in FAQ, even answers from support very weird.

Just if they simply will tell me that before buying I will know:

"ok, this shit cheap, ok, this shit restricted, but this shit offer too much space, and price pretty okay, so I know what I'm buying and what I will get, and I will use it on my own risk".

And there will be no complaints at all from me. Because I did knew what I bought.

All that I want from a seller before buying something it's not be a tricky dick and say honestly: "yes, the price like that because we do x,y,z and have a,b,c, buy it or leave."

But they positioned like they're an alternative to mega, google drive, Mediafire (even Mediafire is better), onedrive, while they're not. And to be clear, the real alternative to 1fietcher is Depositfiles, Rapidshare, and other warez sites.

Sorry, If I offend something.

Not at all! i'm not in love with 1fichier, just giving out options on how to use it. Everybody has different requirements, and for some 1fichier can be enough, but for others they might need more. I'm sure @Ympker's not offended by this either. He just thinks it's good bang for the buck :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sanvitsanvit Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

e.g. https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?hszdwkycbwl3fhca1gef

BTW put &inline=1 in the back to 'stream'
    e.g. https://1fichier.scdn.pw/?fq7k1g1xyw6tknd1app9&inline=1

Thanked by 1uptime
  • bingoxbingox Member

has anyone figured out how to upload a folder (with ftp ) and keep its hierarchy ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@desperand No offense taken! Don't worry ;) Hope you weren't feeling offended?

I guess 1Fichier is imho a good bang for the buck if you are ready to deal with what it is and are willing to work a bit to get the most out of it. Think of it a bit like a Raspberry Pi perhaps. Not everyone would buy it but if you tingle a bit with it and hack into it (and have fun doing so) you can achieve great things for cheap. And for everyone that is confused how to make use of 1Fichier, there's lots of people here happy to help :) @sanvit @default me and others

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • defaultdefault Veteran

@bingox said:
    has anyone figured out how to upload a folder (with ftp ) and keep its hierarchy ?

You can't upload a folder with ftp. But you can make a backup of it as archive. Create the .tgz file, then upload it with ftp. People use 1Fichier either as backup solution (with archives and large files) or as file sharing. You can't use it as plain storage.

Thanked by 3uptime sanvit Ympker
  • edfoxedfox Member

They are selling their old hard drives. Quite a good sign of them expanding, but also a nice way to get some used HHDs (though i wonder what would photorec recover from them).

200€ for 40TB (!) of storage.

Thanked by 1Ympker