Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium

For all you 1Fichier fans out there :)
It's time to renew!

https://1fichier.com/tarifs.html

Comments

• quick honest question : what's the advantage of 1fichier compared to Unlimited Google Drive ? I got mine from the school for free.

• Yup already renewed today^^

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @yokowasis said:
    quick honest question : what's the advantage of 1fichier compared to Unlimited Google Drive ? I got mine from the school for free.

If you got it for free stick to GDrive. Otherwhise 1Fichier is cheap, with lots of storage remote url download and ftp upload :)

• Do they accept PayPal?

• @cybertech said:
    Do they accept PayPal?

yes but with 100% fees...for bitcoin payments they don't charge any fees.

• Man......how to buy Bitcoin? Never tried before

• I usually recharge via SEPA payment, 0% taxes :)

Thanked by 2Ympker coreflux
  • How much you guys have uploaded TB with them? In their terms from June, it says 2TB of cold storage, yet linked page says up to 100TB. I saw some people complaining on reddit that they were contacted after uploading more than 30TB.

• @cybertech said:
    Man......how to buy Bitcoin? Never tried before

Bit4Coin sells btc gift cards :)

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @oriend said: I saw some people complaining on reddit that they were contacted after uploading more than 30TB.

30TB is the soft limit.

• @saibal said:

@oriend said: I saw some people complaining on reddit that they were contacted after uploading more than 30TB.

30TB is the soft limit.

means?

• 30TB = Unlimited

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @Ympker said:
    It's time to renew!

Same old question, is it recurring price? Sorry, I could not judge from their page.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2018

Unfortunately, I don't have the suitable payment method.

• @Creling said:
    Unfortunately, I don't have the suitable payment method.

You don't have a bank account/cc?

• @gks said:

@Ympker said:
    It's time to renew!

Same old question, is it recurring price? Sorry, I could not judge from their page.

No it expires after. You can buy several 1 year vouchers and stack them though.

• @Ympker if i download my own files while logged in, does the CDN credit get used? I still didn't understand this

• bought it for a year and still didn't use it...the fact that you can't even create a folder with FTP was a bit PITA to me...

Thanked by 1eol
  • @spammy said:
    bought it for a year and still didn't use it...the fact that you can't even create a folder with FTP was a bit PITA to me...

yes that is very annoying....i hope they will improve their usability the upcoming year. It's really good for cold storage but not for efficient working.

• @zyborg said:

@spammy said:
    bought it for a year and still didn't use it...the fact that you can't even create a folder with FTP was a bit PITA to me...

yes that is very annoying....i hope they will improve their usability the upcoming year. It's really good for cold storage but not for efficient working.

That's by design. Make something cheap for people to buy and difficult or annoying to use for people to underutilize it, hence keeping the load low. If it fits your use case and tolerance then good.

• It's great for automated backups. Besides, I think storage will get cheaper as time passes, so this service will most likely evolve.

Thanked by 4eol Ympker that_guy tcp6
  • @edfox said:
    @Ympker if i download my own files while logged in, does the CDN credit get used? I still didn't understand this

No, afaik when you download while logged in from dashboard it doesn't count. When you dl from direct link and enable hotlinking it counts as cdn :)

• @spammy said:

Should've checked the thread in my signature as there is basically everything discussed already :) Anyway FTP is upload only. You can create several ftp users and assign a directory to them.

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited December 2018

The Access plan has "Temporary storage" checked, how is it temporary, does that mean storage will be removed after a period of time?

• Ympker said: You don't have a bank account/cc?

I am not in Europe, the fee for international remittance is very high in my place.
    sad......

• @Creling said:

Ympker said: You don't have a bank account/cc?

I am not in Europe, the fee for international remittance is very high in my place.
    sad......

I also purchased few keys because of the TX fees my bank charges for international TX. I can sell you one of mine for $15 (I pay PP fees) if you want.

• Ftp is relatively unsecure. Any way to use ftps/ sftp here? Thanks

• @sanvit said:

@Creling said:

sad......

I also purchased few keys because of the TX fees my bank charges for international TX. I can sell you one of mine for $15 (I pay PP fees) if you want.

please check my PM

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited December 2018

@Creling said:

@sanvit said:

@Creling said:

sad......

please check my PM

I didn't recieve any PM. Anyway, I haven't got the vouchers yet since international bank TX takes some time. If you want, I can PM you when I get the voucher codes ;)

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2018

@sanvit said:

@Creling said:

@sanvit said:

@Creling said:

sad......

please check my PM

I didn't recieve any PM. Anyway, I haven't got the vouchers yet since international bank TX takes some time. If you want, I can PM you when I get the voucher codes ;)

Ok, thx