Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1Fichier Christmas Offer: 10€/year Premium

Comments

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited December 2018

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited December 2018

@banxix "Temporary storage" means(as per there website):

Files are removed after 15 days without downloads for guests, 30 days for registered users
    Files of premium users are not subject to this rule.

Also:
    File size is limited to 100GB. Storage capacity is not limited.

Thanked by 1banxix
  • @Ympker said:
    No, afaik when you download while logged in from dashboard it doesn't count. When you dl from direct link and enable hotlinking it counts as cdn :)

And what happens when the credits run out?

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:
    No, afaik when you download while logged in from dashboard it doesn't count. When you dl from direct link and enable hotlinking it counts as cdn :)

And what happens when the credits run out?

You will always be able to dl from your dashboard with premium speeds and you will always be able to download from the "share link" clicking the dl button on the website. If CDN Credits run out only hot linking to a file won't work anymore although there exists a script that basically makes this possible still. It has been posted in the thread in my sig^^

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited December 2018

@MikeIn said:
    @banxix "Temporary storage" means(as per there website):

Files are removed after 15 days without downloads for guests, 30 days for registered users
    Files of premium users are not subject to this rule.

Also:
    File size is limited to 100GB. Storage capacity is not limited.

Their strategy, so I think it would be best to use Premium plan.

Really great offer but payment methods are not convenient at all, I know they tried.

• @Ympker said:s run out?

You will always be able to dl from your dashboard with premium speeds and you will always be able to download from the "share link" clicking the dl button on the website. If CDN Credits run out only hot linking to a file won't work anymore although there exists a script that basically makes this possible still. It has been posted in the thread in my sig^^

Is it the kotlin script? Holy shit that's horrible

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:s run out?

Yes it is. However keep in mind you are paying 10€/year for lots of storage and like someone said before: If 1Fichier were super convenient to use and up to date with other services like GDrive, Dropbox etc it probably wouldn't be all that cheap. Make of it what you want, for some it's a great deal :)

• @Ympker said:

@edfox said:

@Ympker said:s run out?

and like someone said before: If 1Fichier were super convenient to use and up to date with other services like GDrive, Dropbox etc it probably wouldn't be all that cheap. Make of it what you want, for some it's a great deal :)

That person spoke wisdom, I would listen to that person any day of the week!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Ok, So if someone is planning to buy 5 at ones, he/she will get 1 for free (i.e. 6 voutchers for $50).

I am willing to buy 1 voutcher for $12-15 (For the premium plan)...

• @MikeIn said:
    Ok, So if someone is planning to buy 5 at ones, he/she will get 1 for free (i.e. 6 voutchers for $50).

I am willing to buy 1 voutcher for $12-15 (For the premium plan)...

Please check PM

Thanked by 1MikeIn
  • @Ympker said:
    Yes it is. However keep in mind you are paying 10€/year for lots of storage and like someone said before: If 1Fichier were super convenient to use and up to date with other services like GDrive, Dropbox etc it probably wouldn't be all that cheap. Make of it what you want, for some it's a great deal :)

I know, I myself implemented the full upload/download process using their API. I was referring to how bad kotlin looks for random scripts, gonna try porting it to python requests after I finish the family tour and I get 5 mins for myself.

• @edfox said:

@Ympker said:

I know, I myself implemented the full upload/download process using their API. I was referring to how bad kotlin looks for random scripts, gonna try porting it to python requests after I finish the family tour and I get 5 mins for myself.

Aight^^

• I also want to buy a premium voucher for 12-15$ if someone are selling. Look kinda great for me.

• @banxix said:
    I also want to buy a premium voucher for 12-15$ if someone are selling. Look kinda great for me.

Please check PM

Thanked by 1banxix
  • Pls PM on how this works too.

• @cybertech said:
    Pls PM on how this works too.

PM sent

• Good news

Now we can make folders and move files etc without needing web interface

https://1fichier.com/api.html

Thanked by 3Ympker banxix that_guy
  • @Penguin said:
    Good news

Do you still need to have the IP manually enabled by support? I'm in closed beta and everything is a mess

• @edfox said:
    Do you still need to have the IP manually enabled by support? I'm in closed beta and everything is a mess

No special set up needed you can enable and disable api key. I tested and api worked good

• @Penguin said:

@edfox said:

No special set up needed you can enable and disable api key. I tested and api worked good

Ah, nice. I had to contact support to enable my api key.
    I'll take a look at the API, hoping they've improved it given that you need to login with three (3) different methods just to upload a file...

• I'm still seeing all the ads after upgrade to Premium.

• Is the cold storage limit 2TB or 100TB. The websites states both and i read different things about this.

• @banxix said:
    I'm still seeing all the ads after upgrade to Premium.

Make sure you're logged in properly. If you upgraded to premium while logged in, try logging in again to refresh the "permissions".

@JannickNijholt said:
    Is the cold storage limit 2TB or 100TB. The websites states both and i read different things about this.

I'll try loading 10tb soon to see what happens.

Thanked by 1banxix
  • @edfox You are right, need to re-login and should also apply cookie for other domains as well.

• @banxix said:
    @edfox You are right, need to re-login and should also apply cookie for other domains as well.

Using domains other than 1Fichier turned to be a clusterfuck for me, nothing would work properly

• @edfox said:

@JannickNijholt said:
    Is the cold storage limit 2TB or 100TB. The websites states both and i read different things about this.

Limit not immediate because term of use say this about premium

The offer includes by default an unlimited amount of Hot Storage, 2TB of Cold Storage, 100GB per month of CDN credits.

Cold Storage: any content having no access for more than 60 clear days.
    Hot Storage: Any content that does not fall within the definition of Cold Storage.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Anyone having issues with uploading to ftp? Get 553 error

• Does this support ftps or sftp? Thanks.

• banxixbanxix Member
    edited December 2018

@plumberg said:
    Does this support ftps or sftp? Thanks.

FTPS is supported but not default.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2018

@Penguin said:

@edfox said:

@JannickNijholt said:

Limit not immediate because term of use say this about premium

The offer includes by default an unlimited amount of Hot Storage, 2TB of Cold Storage, 100GB per month of CDN credits.

Cold Storage: any content having no access for more than 60 clear days.
    Hot Storage: Any content that does not fall within the definition of Cold Storage.

This. I used to have 10 TB what would be considered cold storage and never had problems. Now I only have like 200GB though. Anyway by their definition you can keep backups of unlimited size for 60 days without downloading/touching them (e.g. website backups) before they are deleted.