Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 442
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• imokimok Member

And I won't bore you telling how my uncles tried to kill each other with machetes LOL

• imokimok Member

Oh I remember another dog. My aunt, who spend some years with my family, had a dog named Shakespeare.

My grandmother didn't know how (or was lazy) to pronounce it correctly and she used to say Chespirito instead

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • imokimok Member

Have you ever watched El Chavo del 8?

People say it was pretty famous around the world.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @imok said: People say it was pretty famous around the world.

How old do you think we are ?

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2021

Like 50 or 60.

So you heard about the show?

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2021

"Diffused in USA". What does it mean?

• @imok said:

"Diffused in USA". What does it mean?

I think diffusing is how they make the silicon parts of the chip, and made refers to the final assembly with the metal shield and pins.

TSMC makes the tiny nm Ryzen cores in Taiwan, not sure what parts are in the US, maybe io.

• @imok are there Karens in your country? We have a lot of Karens here.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2021

@imok said: >Like 50 or 60.
    So you heard about the show?

Maybe older... and sillier.
    I liked El Chapulín Colorado better then El Chavo del 8.

Mas agil que una tortuga, mas fuerte que un raton, mas noble que una lechuga, su escudo es un corazon... Es el Chapulín Colorado!

@randomq I expect that very few people are named Karen in Peru. :)

Thanked by 1imok
  • @imok said: And I won't bore you telling how my uncles tried to kill each other with machetes LOL

lol, this brought back memories.

Thanked by 1imok
  • imokimok Member
    edited August 2021

@randomq said: @imok are there Karens in your country? We have a lot of Karens here.

In my region not too many. In wealthy parts of Lima, yes, male and female racist Karens.

@FrankZ said: @randomq I expect that very few people are named Karen in Peru.

I know like 5 girls named Karen. Every family has a close Karen. But they don't act like that.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • GERKVM2 is down
    Noooooooooooo, bring back my german vps!

• @JabJab said:
    GERKVM2 is down

VIRMACH ANNOUNCEMENT: GERK OFF

Thanked by 1imok
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2021

@imok said: I know like 5 girls named Karen. Every family has a close Karen.

Note to self: No matter how logical an assumption may seem based on my personal experience. It does not necessarily coincide with other peoples reality.
    tldr; shut the f' up Frank

• @JabJab said:
    GERKVM2 is down

And GerKVM6, that mine is on, for nearly 24 hours now. :-O

It used to have an hour or so outage around once every month, but it was strangely stable in recent months, up to yesterday that is. :neutral:

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited August 2021

@ZA_capetown said: And GerKVM6, that mine is on, for nearly 24 hours now. :-O

Yeah, both dead. Got a support reply "We know, we posted in network status". Asked for ETA, got 'we know'. I would like to get a rough ETA at least.

We will see. GERKVM2 was working pretty nicely, no issues, no reboots, stable af. I know they VirMach had a lot of problems with those GER nodes and EMERGENCY migrated most of the things to Amsterdam... but mine was working nicely :(

tbh. Maybe nicely - it only run FB messenger bot (that had autoreconnect implemented), so yeah, not doing much at all, but I don't recall any complains it not working :P

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@JabJab said:
    GERKVM2 is down

@JabJab said: Yeah, both dead. Got a support reply "We know, we posted in network status". Asked for ETA, got 'we know'. I would like to get a rough ETA at least.

We will see. GERKVM2 was working pretty nicely, no issues, no reboots, stable af. I know they VirMach had a lot of problems with those GER nodes and EMERGENCY migrated most of the things to Amsterdam... but mine was working nicely

These should be back up soon. We should have moved these to Amsterdam sooner, the only issue is I don't want to move & change IP addresses twice so they were going to go to the new Amsterdam directly. Since this was delayed, we may reconsider.

Thanked by 2ZA_capetown JabJab
  • ~$ uptime
    19:10:19 up 1:38, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

Wooop wooop, it's back.

• New Amsterdam, you say? So New York? :)

• @imok Peru seems like a magical place, with its Perejilos and kind Karens. I will visit some day and stay with you in your apartment for a month or two.

• imokimok Member

If Perejilo accepts you, you can sleep with him on the stairs.

Thanked by 1randomq

@JabJab said: We will see. GERKVM2 was working pretty nicely, no issues, no reboots, stable af. I know they VirMach had a lot of problems with those GER nodes and EMERGENCY migrated most of the things to Amsterdam... but mine was working nicely

Oh by the way, GERKVM2 hasn't been used for some time. You might have already been moved somewhere else, maybe GERKVM6 which had the issue today/yesterday.

• @VirMach said: Oh by the way, GERKVM2 hasn't been used for some time. You might have already been moved somewhere else, maybe GERKVM6 which had the issue today/yesterday.

Yes, this is true. I loaded my Excel and combined two different fields into one and ended with GERKVM2. I am on GERKVM6... however I made your support post ticket about GERKVM2 in Network status soooo I win! GERKVM2 exists, somewhere, probably next to those Ryzens >:)

@JabJab said:

@VirMach said: Oh by the way, GERKVM2 hasn't been used for some time. You might have already been moved somewhere else, maybe GERKVM6 which had the issue today/yesterday.

Yes, this is true. I loaded my Excel and combined two different fields into one and ended with GERKVM2. I am on GERKVM6... however I made your support post ticket about GERKVM2 in Network status soooo I win! GERKVM2 exists, somewhere, probably next to those Ryzens >:)

It does still exist, it confused me too for a second. These pesky Intels won't just give up and keep sticking around.

• @imok A gift from my cat to yours!

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • That is one flat CPU. I guess all the pins are sawed off - that would explain why VirMach can't deploy those...

• @JabJab It's the new 2nm fab, and he accidentally ordered them in ball-grid array! Gotta order new custom motherboards now and solder each CPU in place with a heat gun. We're looking at weeks...

@JabJab said:
    That is one flat CPU. I guess all the pins are sawed off - that would explain why VirMach can't deploy those...

We currently have about 150 non-flat Ryzen CPUs.

• imokimok Member

@randomq that's some Tarantino shit, next to an imaginary VirMach CPU :D

• Only 150 ? I'm disappointed.