Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 440
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@randomq said:
    Maybe you could work on a project or play an online game together to keep in touch?

Kidnapping is also an option, but soundproof your basement or shed first.

Well but the one I am thinking of doesn't usually play games... and is in another nation.

@imok said:
    Worse if they actually don't want to see you again 😅

I don't know, but that's a possibility, haven't been in touch for a while. :(

@imok said:
    Get a cat

Cat is cute but feel like it will be a mess :joy: (Same for dog too)

@imok said:
    Do you have squirrels around there? It's funny to see them running over the electricity cables here

Don't see it very often but ya... don't think anyone have Squirrels as pets though.

@imok said:
    I should install some security cameras because my car stays all day and night on the street

Yes why not, nowadays you can get it cheap below $50. (But of course the quality differs)

• China would appreciate you installing as many cameras as possible, it will help with their plans for your nation at a later time!

• imokimok Member

I used to talk with a girl in Chile via Windows Messenger and Hi5. Then on Facebook. She started to reply within weeks and then months. It was fun to chat with her. She never shared a personal contact number though (BBM PIN or Whatsapp), she didn't had too much photos neither. I felt a bit sad when she never replied anymore.

Then I closed my FB and I don't have a way to contact her nowadays. At some point I started to think it was a fake account or a guy LOL.

• Our heroes race for the data center...

• @VirMach said: I will continue my response where I do not ignore but also do not answer. It's so difficult not answering you with a thousand words but its for the best at this point. It will or will not make sense soon... or never. There, covered all my bases.

Whether you write a wall of text or a short comment, your intelligence always shines through. I keep having the feeling that you are a scientist doing a study on human behavior.

@randomq - You are taking the bus thing to a whole new level. Thank you.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2021

@imok said:
    I should install some security cameras because my car stays all day and night on the street

Better to buy a locking bar for the steering wheel. Most car thieves hate those things because they add an extra step. So they normally avoid them and move on to the next.

@FAT32 - You seem to be a nice guy and I wish I had some words of wisdom that would make everything right for you. Unfortunately I don't.

• imokimok Member

Better to buy a locking bar for the steering wheel. Most car thieves hate those things because they add an extra step. So they normally avoid them and move on to the next.

It's fine if they disappear the car. But most probably they will only steal some external parts like mirrors, logos, tires, plastic parts, etc; the payment for the insurance will be more expensive than the actual spare part.

I'm fucked if they enter to the car and steal the computer.

Tomorrow a friend is going to install the cameras. I will need a VPS to upload the video :D

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @imok said:

It's fine if they disappear the car. But most probably they will only steal some external parts like mirrors, logos, tires, plastic parts, etc; the payment for the insurance will be more expensive than the actual spare part.

I'm fucked if they enter to the car and steal the computer.

Tomorrow a friend is going to install the cameras. I will need a VPS to upload the video :D

Wait, why do you keep a computer in your car parked on the street? I would have never done that when I lived in the city. Too many meth addicts looking for something to pawn...

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2021

The car's computer.

Or something like that.

• @imok said:
    The car's computer.

Or something like that.

Oooh, tell us more! Is it an AI like in Knight Rider? :)

• imokimok Member

Maybe it's more like this

• I might have to break into your car for that beauty!

• That one's a keeper!

• Why am I the only one doing this anymore?

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Because we don't want to get sue by AMD for using their logo

rofl

• My boss FAT32 made me do it. I just work here.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • imokimok Member

@randomq The server hosting the image is really slow.

• imokimok Member

Needs some Virmach.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • imokimok Member

I can see my car from the TV and smartphone. Cameras are recording!

Too bad the DVR doesn't have a remote backup function.

• imokimok Member

I should have got a NVR.

• imokimok Member

I hope my camera does not get stolen.

It has some blind spots.

• imokimok Member

I didn't install 2 cameras on each corner because somebody will say "wow so many cameras, I should break into that house because something valuable is hidden inside" and rob Perejilo.

• imokimok Member

...meanwhile Perejilo sleeps

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @imok obviously you need a camera in the car watching the house now as well. And a GPS tracker on Perejilo!

Seriously though, you could probably use VLC or some other open source software to take the stream from the camera and record/upload it somewhere. Then we could watch you all the time to see why you're not posting here in VirMach club. :)

• Yes, share stream. We need stream. Show stream.

• imokimok Member

@FAT32 said:
    What the heck do you want? Honestly tired of your attitude and shit based on your past threads

I just want a little dedicated server!

@imok said:

Why no dedicated 1Gbps?

• imokimok Member

@FAT32 said:

@imok said:

Why no dedicated 1Gbps?

Is it useful with my 10mbps at home? Then yes!

@imok said:
    Is it useful with my 10mbps at home? Then yes!

A lot of people thought bandwidth is cheap... but truth is it is not comparable to normal home broadband.