Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 402
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• @MasonR said: Edit: Ohh god... I'm on the spectrum... the low-end spectrum

yes, but in a thread that was started before you HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently, so I would not count it as "on".

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • ZA_capetownZA_capetown Member
    edited November 2020

R.I.P DismalTubby-VM ...his life expired this morning, dead but not forgotten :neutral:

He sadly didn't make my current top10 list of valued Virmach deals

896MB RAM ; 10GB SSD
    1x vCPU @ 2.2GHZ E5-2660 v2 (342 GeekBench5 score)
    500GB @ 1Gbps bandwidth
    Piscataway, NJ
    $9.09/year (BF-Special-2019 nr. 709)

Long live whoever will be his replacement(s)! :smiley:

Edit PS: he was a good idler

• @ZA_capetown said:
    R.I.P DismalTubby-VM ...his life expired this morning, dead but not forgotten :neutral:

He sadly didn't make my current top10 list of valued Virmach deals

896MB RAM ; 10GB SSD
    1x vCPU @ 2.2GHZ E5-2660 v2 (342 GeekBench5 score)
    500GB @ 1Gbps bandwidth
    Piscataway, NJ
    $9.09/year (BF-Special-2019 nr. 709)

Long live whoever will be his replacement(s)! :smiley:

Edit PS: he was a good idler

He'll be joined with thousands of his brothers and sisters and reemerge as an almighty.

Thanked by 2FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • With many people not reading all those warnings about web-based VNC, I do wonder how many are going to buy the "do not buy" special!?! :)

• @ZA_capetown said: R.I.P DismalTubby-VM ...his life expired this morning ... (BF-Special-2019 nr. 709)

And I renewed my 384 MB purchase from Cyber Monday-2017 :]

• Holy shit, those China guy already buying testing stuff and then complaining if somethings goes wrong. Stop please :(

Thanked by 2alilet ZA_capetown
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We're upgrading our database server and will return shortly, and then run another beta test and see if it holds up this time.

Thanked by 2FAT32 ddhhz
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:
    We're upgrading our database server and will return shortly, and then run another beta test and see if it holds up this time.

So much free RAM available to be sold in this flash sale... why not just put in like 2TB of them :joy: - also those high end CPU maybe

@FAT32 said: So much free RAM available to be sold in this flash sale... why not just put in like 2TB of them - also those high end CPU maybe

We were going to set up a big cluster but my friend who runs a large website talked me out of it. He said something along the lines of "it's great and works perfectly until it doesn't."

Thanked by 3saibal FAT32 ddhhz
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2020

I am pretty sure no matter what you give it, WHMCS with custom things is always gonna go nuts.

• TheWizardTheWizard Member
    edited November 2020

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said: So much free RAM available to be sold in this flash sale... why not just put in like 2TB of them - also those high end CPU maybe

We were going to set up a big cluster but my friend who runs a large website talked me out of it. He said something along the lines of "it's great and works perfectly until it doesn't."

And in the other thread, I was about to say something like "Wait, what?! you didn't start with the largest server you have already, why would you (not) do that?!"... and now I got my answer... >:) at your large-website-running-friend!

• Do the next flash deal server test with a link only given here... $1 test sounds good? :-D

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited November 2020

@ZA_capetown said:
    Do the next flash deal server test with a link only given here... $1 test sounds good? :-D

I can fake one on my tracker just to get everyone excited, then boom! "Down for Maintenance"

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • imokimok Member
    edited November 2020

WHERE IS THE BUFFALO?

@FAT32 can't see it in the tracker.

Thanked by 2ddhhz saibal
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@imok said:
    WHERE IS THE BUFFALO?

@FAT32 can't see it in the tracker.

Remember, VirMach doesn't have to be the first, just the most ruthless with the deals.

VirMach rolling through soon™:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2020

Did I forget to share my no aff no BS tracker?

Link: https://virmach.fat32.top

edited November 2020

@FAT32 said: Did I forget to share my no aff no BS tracker?

Link: https://virmach.fat32.top

The only tracker worth following. Much love <3

Thanked by 1FAT32

@MasonR said: Remember, VirMach doesn't have to be the first, just the most ruthless with the deals.

VirMach rolling through soon™:

@TheWizard said: And in the other thread, I was about to say something like "Wait, what?! you didn't start with the largest server you have already, why would you (not) do that?!"... and now I got my answer... at your large-website-running-friend!

Yeah, I spent the last 8 hours going down the rabbit hole with MySQL configurations, and for whatever reason, it doesn't want to work on the new beefier server.

It turns out it wants to just randomly work and discontinue working.

We have to move the entire webserver/database into one massive server to avoid these strange issues and I just reviewed the results of the test run and it's not looking good either way, I have to wait for our developer to get back up.

soon™

• @FAT32 said: Did I forget to share my no aff no BS tracker?

@VirMach said: I have to wait for our developer to get back up.

• @VirMach you can later share how do you prepare your website to handle the load (in a general way). It will be interesting.

• I hope their site stays down for another 5 hours as I am going to sleep. It can come back online after that no problem.

• What would be VirMach's first offer this year?

@imok said:
    @VirMach you can later share how do you prepare your website to handle the load (in a general way). It will be interesting.

Obviously, we're not doing much. That's why it doesn't handle the load.

• @saibal said:
    What would be VirMach's first offer this year?

Double waiting

Thanked by 2saibal randomq
  • Double fun.

• Just in time for an Advent Calendar flash deals! :smiley:

• @VirMach said:

@imok said:
    @VirMach you can later share how do you prepare your website to handle the load (in a general way). It will be interesting.

Obviously, we're not doing much. That's why it doesn't handle the load.

Let me report a couple of bugs/unintended behavior in the meantime:

• The new-plan json URL may cause repeated HTTP 429 errors in browser's network log even when Virmach's official BFCM page (which tries to load it every 10 seconds) is the only tab open.
    • When it emits that error, the returned content (Response Payload) is like this (*), but that error message doesn't get displayed anywhere on the screen (making it fully "developer-only").

(*) "Please only have one black friday page open at any given time, and if you are on a third party website ensure that you are not having it refreshed too often in the background."

• @VirMach you have storage packages? are you able to make a deal in Dallas for 1TB?