Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 401
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited November 2020

@imok How do you prepare it? What does it taste like?

• @randomq said:

What?

• @imok said:

@randomq said:

What?

• We can see the best of Hostloc these days ...

• @VirMach said:

@pullangcubo said: Are you still accepting applicants for this? (somehow I missed this one)

Yeah, go ahead.™

Thanks! I just sent you a PM, as instructed. :smile:

• @ben47955 said: We can see the best of Hostloc these days ...

I think it's not really fair to call them all out like that - there are always some % of nut people in every community.

CAN THOSE NUTS GO AWAY BTW?!

• @JabJab said:

@ben47955 said: We can see the best of Hostloc these days ...

I think it's not really fair to call them all out like that - there are always some % of nut people in every community.

CAN THOSE NUTS GO AWAY BTW?!

Well, you are probably right, but it's just easier to said that. We don't see too much this behavior unless it's from Hostloc community.

• Which behavior?

• Why are we discussing hostloc in VirMach's thread?

• @saibal said: Why are we discussing hostloc in VirMach's thread?

Because @VirMach left us, so we need to find a new conversation topic.

@randomq said: Which behavior?

FAT32 YOU DOG, mostly. That guy created like 91578915875 account already today :D

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@JabJab said:
    FAT32 YOU DOG, mostly.

:(

• Sorry I was away for a few hours. What happened with @FAT32? Can anyone get me up to speed?

• @randomq said:

@imok said:

@randomq said:

What?

Perejilo.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FAT32 are you sleeping?

• @imok said: Perejilo.

lol
    Parsley-o

Thanked by 1imok

@imok said:
    FAT32 are you sleeping?

No.

• @FAT32 said:

@imok said:
    FAT32 are you sleeping?

No.

How many hours did you sleep in the last 3 days ?

@ben47955 said:

Last 3 nights? 8 hours

In total

• Is anyone else avoiding the RackNerd thread ?
    It makes me feel disloyal to VirMach.
    Other providers don't make me feel that way, only RackNerd. I wonder why?

Thanked by 2MasonR imok
  • @FAT32 said:

@ben47955 said:

Last 3 nights? 8 hours

In total

I should sleep 8 hours, but it's late alreafy

• @FAT32 said:

@ben47955 said:

Last 3 nights? 8 hours

In total

Ouch, you need help, how we can send you coffee ? Or maybe at this point you need something stronger ?

• @FrankZ said:
    Is anyone else avoiding the RackNerd thread ?
    It makes me feel disloyal to VirMach.
    Other providers don't make me feel that way, only RackNerd. I wonder why?

I got a free vps at the beginning of the thread and that all. I need to admit after 4 days, the VM seem to still work fine even don't seem oversold. Deadpool in the next month ? Maybe.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @ben47955 said: I got a free vps at the beginning of the thread and that all. I need to admit after 4 days, the VM seem to still work fine even don't seem oversold. Deadpool in the next month ? Maybe.

I'm familiar with the "Dustin" history, although I was never burned by any of it. It is more a CC thing I guess. VirMach was the golden child of CC then they get bought out from John and CC starts treating VirMach poorly and Dustin is the new Golden child.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@FrankZ said:

@ben47955 said: I got a free vps at the beginning of the thread and that all. I need to admit after 4 days, the VM seem to still work fine even don't seem oversold. Deadpool in the next month ? Maybe.

I'm familiar with the "Dustin" history, although I was never burned by any of it. It is more a CC thing I guess. VirMach was the golden child of CC then they get bought out from John and CC starts treating VirMach poorly and Dustin is the new Golden child.

This is just my personal opinion, but ColoCrossing did go down the drain when they were bought out by a check/printing company (who would have guessed?) We had other plans that got dragged out for way too long and Jon Biloh is a great salesman so it was difficult to move away.

As for Dustin and his company, I don't want to stir up any drama, but I personally don't see anything special in terms of specifically creating a thread with the intention of getting more views generated by forced replies (changing the bandwidth quantity to double with a reply when you know that the customer will never actually use that bandwidth and bandwidth is already oversold.) Or giving away prizes and painting it as a give-away with an advertisement for paid services tacked on. I guess I'm just not a big fan of that, that's why I try not to bait people into threads or offers with enticing titles and try to be realistic. If we did do that and any point in time it would have been unintentional. You can probably notice these in some specific titles, even when we were giving away free webhosting packages, I stated: "from $0 to $2." And our 2019 Black Friday thread does not have any "crazy" offers. It just has offers inside. I completely understand the strategy though so good for them if that's how they want to do it.

@JabJab said: Because @VirMach left us, so we need to find a new conversation topic.

I'm still here, we just had to make some last-minute changes to some scripts and now we're finishing up tickets for the day. Once we make the reply to the last ticket, I think I'm confident of saying the sale will start.

Until then, you might see a few more "test" runs since we're still struggling in making sure people don't crash the website.

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2020

I will be working tomorrow, hopefully I can get something from the sale.

I haven't seen too much in the Racknerd thread just people repeating some words every time. I felt a bit scared.

@VirMach said: we're still struggling in making sure people don't crash the website

It will crash™ anyway.

@VirMach I hope you haven't forgotten my DM.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2020

@VirMach said:
    As for Dustin and his company...

Haven't even opened that thread, but...

Don't worry, it won't be around for long. I'll give it another year or so before it gets sold off and he disappears. And whoever the buyer is will be in for a rude awakening. You can say you generated $xxx,xxx annually, but when that means the primary method of income is 1 or 2 year payments in advance, which in turn are simply used to purchase more servers to hold the next batch of customers the following month, eventually the momentum will catch up with you.

He caters solely to the low end crowd (dirt cheap yearly servers) and that is evidenced by his relentless efforts to push his wares here, by the frequent giveaways, by the near weekly LEB posts. How would a business model like this ever succeed without any monthly-based revenue stream? Eventually when the well is dry of low end suckers who purchase yearly deals, customers will have to be migrated and sandwiched into heavily oversold nodes that are barely functional (hello, alphawoot). The house of cards will start to sway at that point. And hopefully he's sold the company or has a buyer lined up by then so when it all comes tumbling down, he can say his hands are clean and someone else fucked it all up.

To put it simply, I wouldn't fuck RackNerd with WSS' dick.

Thanked by 3Cam FrankZ DataRecovery
  • any updates for the outdated ISO list?

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@imok said: It will crash™ anyway.

It definitely will, but I guess we need it to be stable enough to where when I post a $999.99 a year sale as a test, it doesn't still crash the website because we need to be able to have situations where we can post a few bad offers to catch up to tickets and such.

@kjl24 said: any updates for the outdated ISO list?

This was planned to happen before the sale, but I don't think it will. But now that you mentioned it, I think we have to do it before the sale or else we'll get a few hundred tickets asking this same thing.

I'll work on getting this done before the sale. Can anyone recommend some they'd like to see?

@MasonR said: To put it simply, I wouldn't fuck RackNerd with WSS' dick.

The real question is if @WSS would with his own, and where's @Nekki (rhetorical question.) Are all the interesting people on HT now?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2020

@VirMach said: The real question is if @WSS would with his own, and where's @Nekki (rhetorical question.) Are all the interesting people on HT now?

Probably not. He mostly steered clear of anything that reeks of desperation and oozes pus, but who am I to judge.

He was for a time, but went off the grid across the low end spectrum many moons ago. Should probably reach out to him, been awhile since we've caught up and swapped pet pics.

Edit: Ohh god... I'm on the spectrum... the low-end spectrum