Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 404
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• ddhhzddhhz Member
    edited December 2020

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said: I'm seeing things on the BF/CM page off and on.

@VirMach Are you still testing?

We have two 16-core servers ready to migrate the servers onto, but I'm trying to avoid this for as long as possible because it would be time-consuming and we could hit road blocks. I think if we did that then it would resolve most of these problems, and we may.

We're theoretically still testing but we got all the major bugs out the way and improved the switcher code.

Btw it's off when the json hits CF rate limit and back on once the rate limit throttle period passes creating an off and on effect. You should decrease the frequency to maybe a call every 20-30 seconds or lessen the rate limits in CF.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@ddhhz said: Btw it's off when the json hits CF rate limit and back on once the rate limit throttle period passes creating an off and on effect. You should decrease the frequency to maybe a call every 20-30 seconds or lessen the rate limits in CF.

Are you speaking about our page specifically? I'll look into the exact timings, this was already increased but I could see where some rules would clash. I'll look into it.

• @VirMach said:

@ddhhz said: Btw it's off when the json hits CF rate limit and back on once the rate limit throttle period passes creating an off and on effect. You should decrease the frequency to maybe a call every 20-30 seconds or lessen the rate limits in CF.

Are you speaking about our page specifically? I'll look into the exact timings, this was already increased but I could see where some rules would clash. I'll look into it.

@VirMach said:

Yes, the flash sale page.

• FYI: Although we shall remain loyal to our old timer here, this year's "Cyber Week" thread is also now open: ★ VirMach ★ Fashionably Late Black Friday & Cyber Week 2020 ★ Flash Deals ★ View inside ★ $7/Yr 512M

• The buffalo is back!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited December 2020

DID I MISS SOMETHING GOOD?!

WAS SERVER ON FIRE?!

• Based on the hotness of this year's flash deals (the sticky thread)
    I don't think I will be able to grab an ideal one as I did last year.
    So.. is there any exclusive offered to those who lived here?

Thanked by 1randomq
  • also kinda disappointed - this year scripts seems to be giving away disk space (not like 10GB in every deal for last two years) and I have nothing to complaint about! :smirk:

• @JabJab said:
    I have nothing to complaint about! :smirk:

How about, "not enough Buffalo"?!?! It's almost all LA, and Chicago... :smirk:

• Good morning everyone. What have you guys bought so far?

• @saibal said: Good morning everyone. What have you guys bought so far?

Good morning. From Virmach, unfortunately, nothing.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/168316/so-what-did-you-all-buy#latest

Thanked by 1saibal
  • @saibal said:
    Good morning everyone. What have you guys bought so far?

Nothing from Virmach. A few steals from the LET flash sale thread though. I scored a ViridWeb NL $6/yr. And a Hosthatch w/ 1T transfer in Australia for <$8/yr. Also some bigger boxes in LA and Seattle, since they are nice low ping for me here in Hawaii.

Thanked by 1saibal
  • @VirMach, the customer area is so slow. Please...

• Also getting Error 524 for a while now trying to get into customer area...

but once all is fixed, we'll smile again.

Waiting for a nice Windows 4-8GB RAM /40-80GB SSD deal, sub $20 :smiley:
    (and to avoid a vague bastardized deal surprise: with at least 3x vCore and 1TB @ 1Gbs traffic hah)

And to show hosthatch who is boss. :wink:

I have faith!
    SOON ™

• @Virmach - just checking that you're aware (or maybe it helps with troubleshooting)

In clientarea -> My Services -> Manage Product

https://billing.virmach.com/clientarea.php?action=productdetails&id=xxxxxx

for every server selected it shows the error:

Please enable cookies. One more step Please complete the security check to access solusvm.virmach.com Please stand by, while we are checking your browser... Please enable Cookies. Why do I have to complete a CAPTCHA? Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. What can I do to prevent this in the future? If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Cloudflare Ray ID: 5faf9c20ff4d7476 • Your IP: 147.135.31.197 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

147.135.31.197 resolves to = ns1004912.ip-147-135-31.us
    => OVH SAS OVH US LLC (ovhcloud.com)

<--- Obviously that's not my IP and I'm not on a VPN and have no OVH service

Thought I'd mention it just in case it's related to whatever causes problems at the moment with CF and what not. :-)

• Good afternoon (morning/evening) everyone.
    Hope you are all doing well.
    It seems I did not miss too much. Please correct me if I missed an 888 or anything :)

• Just to add, that's a message in the pink box that appears where the server info is usually listed.

There is no actual captcha etc - only that strange message.

• @FrankZ the last deal was $8.88 but no 8/8/8/8/8 deal (yet)

You're still on time!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @ZA_capetown said:
    Just to add, that's a message in the pink box that appears where the server info is usually listed.

Sounds like that's just cloudflare's cache of the page, is there a green 'retry for a live version' button at the top that has text about it being offline? At least, that's what I'm getting, just the cache page with that error, down to the same IP.

• @FrankZ You missed a 8.88, but VirMach would probably get it up later once he fixes his billing system.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @bakageta said:

@ZA_capetown said:
    Just to add, that's a message in the pink box that appears where the server info is usually listed.

Sounds like that's just cloudflare's cache of the page, is there a green 'retry for a live version' button at the top that has text about it being offline? At least, that's what I'm getting, just the cache page with that error, down to the same IP.

Nope, no actual sign of cloudfare / no retry live version etc.

Everything on the page seems 'normal' other than that text message inside a pink box.

Hmm maybe I should add a screenshot, how does one upload screenshots here?
    (upload to external site and link?)

• https://ibb.co/qkXnxFJ

<-- screenshot of the weird message... everything else on the page is normal looking

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • i.e. SolusVM and CloudFlare possibly clashing or something - showing an IP as mine, which is def'ly not mine.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2020

After logging in to my VirMach account and clicking through to a server, I am seeing the same thing as @ZA_capetown as reporting. Even has the same IP.

Thanked by 1ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach let us know if you want something specific to test

• randomqrandomq Member
    edited December 2020

Guys, I was gonna stay on with you waiting for deals, but I decided to drive down the road a bit instead:

Thanked by 2FrankZ imok
  • @randomq said: but I decided to drive down the road a bit instead

Right decision!

• Ok, clientarea seems to be working correctly again, yay \o/

• Client area is back. Let the deals start again!

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited December 2020

Spoke too soon. It's down again :(
    Edit: Back up
    Edit2: Down