Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 406
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2018 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• 100% of the shots you don't take

Thanked by 1saibal
  • Just curious: how many of the deals you grabbed in this thread are you still idling until now?

• @pullangcubo said:
    Just curious: how many of the deals you grabbed in this thread are you still idling until now?

8 from 2018, 3 from 2019, not sure I'm gonna get anything in 2020 at this rate.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Thanked by 2imok FrankZ
  • @ben47955 said:

@pullangcubo said:
    Just curious: how many of the deals you grabbed in this thread are you still idling until now?

Why, do you only buy Virmach flash deals or something? There were some interesting offers on FAT32's thread and elsewhere. I picked up a few VPS to diversify providers, and I am only deploying via scripted configuration and docker so I'm not too dependent on any particular host or vps.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • It's late

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2020

@imok said:
    It's late

I did get the special for $8.88
    Alas, it did not allocate
    So all I can do is wait
    But not sure how long at this rate

The specs do look great
    Thus I will not terminate
    Patient I will be until they remediate
    Or until I get a @VirMach update

For now, let's date
    And possibly mate
    Don't hesitate
    For it's late

• @MasonR said:

@imok said:
    It's late

So all I can do is wait

The specs do look great

For now, let's date
    And possibly mate
    Don't hesitate
    For it's late

I am not sure if today's the date
    but remember this mate
    good things come to those who wait

• Does the bell on virmach.fat32 work well?
    I don't think it work on my pad..

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@RecD said:
    Does the bell on virmach.fat32 work well?

On tablet, website cannot suddenly play sound when it is in the background, so if you are on mobile devices it is recommended to turn on the push notification (top right corner) instead. However, if you have an iOS device, it is better to use the Telegram bot

• @FAT32 said:

@RecD said:
    Does the bell on virmach.fat32 work well?

On tablet, website cannot suddenly play sound when it is in the background, so if you are on mobile devices it is recommended to turn on the push notification (top right corner) instead. However, if you have an iOS device, it is better to use the Telegram bot

Actually, I kept the screen always on and the webpage front..
    I tried to turn on notification but I failed (maybe it's what Android 7 don't support? :'(

@RecD said:
    Actually, I kept the screen always on and the webpage front..
    I tried to turn on notification but I failed (maybe it's what Android 7 don't support? :'(

Can show me a screenshot?

• @alilet said:

@MasonR said:

@imok said:
    It's late

So all I can do is wait

The specs do look great

For now, let's date
    And possibly mate
    Don't hesitate
    For it's late

I am not sure if today's the date
    but remember this mate
    good things come to those who wait

'twas the billing server's cables the damn dog ate
    the only way to stay patient is to meditate
    please virmach gods, let today be the date
    for me to get the deal at $8.88

Thanked by 2MasonR randomq
  • @randomq said: I am only deploying via scripted configuration and docker

(For the sake of learning) Do you mind sharing a bit more details?

Thanked by 1RecD
  • @randomq said:

@ben47955 said:

@pullangcubo said:

Why, do you only buy Virmach flash deals or something? There were some interesting offers on FAT32's thread and elsewhere. I picked up a few VPS to diversify providers, and I am only deploying via scripted configuration and docker so I'm not too dependent on any particular host or vps.

I was only listing Virmach sale stuff. I'm using many provider, don't worry. Even, my most useful server and the two copy are neither with Virmach and are with three different provider in three different DC.

For the FAT32 thread's, I got few deal, but I didn't have real need at this time. Yesterday I find something as all sale are over. Fuck my life.

@ben47955 said:
    I was only listing Virmach sale stuff. I'm using many provider, don't worry. Even, my most useful server and the two copy are neither with Virmach and are with three different provider in three different DC.

For the FAT32 thread's, I got few deal, but I didn't have real need at this time. Yesterday I find something as all sale are over. Fuck my life.

What are you looking at in particular?

• @FAT32 said: What are you looking at in particular?

Something to replace my Remote Desktop. Need to be Need to be North America East coast and to be better than my actual VPS at geekbench 5 ( 350 single/1800 multi). Budget is like 30/50$ yearly. Not really confident to find that outside BF.

• @imok said:
    It's late

It was too late to go to sleep. I had to wake up early.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • I managed to get into the billing panel and remove the cancellation from one of my VPS in San Jose that I had hoped to upgrade on BF. Guess it was not to be ....

• Client Area seems speedy and great again right now!

And I actually got a friendly reply on an outstanding low priority ticket.
    So they seen to be catching up nicely. :smile:

But unfortunately I had to bug them again :neutral:

Invoice of $0.00... and WHMCS doesn't seem to like a zero amount.

I even tried to increase the amount, then WHMCS also moans and won't allow it, lol.

Keeping fingers crossed all goes well, excited for the flash sales to restart. :smiley:

How do you guys got the $0 services? I dont even have a $0 service with VirMach in my account :(

• hehe @FAT32 - you got offered one as well!

...it was that free for 1 year : SSD256PLUS (upgraded to 384MB) voucher that @VirMach gave us the other day here in this thread (you'll have to scroll up about 2 weeks?)

But somehow it flagged me wrongly with their anti-fraud system.

So that's sorted now and great, and the ticket reply said that they approved it and it went from "Rejected" to "Pending" and I should now "pay" the invoice...

...but it's impossible to actually pay the zero amount 😫

So keeping fingers crossed they're able to by hand move it from pending to active. 😍

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said: How do you guys got the $0 services? I dont even have a $0 service with VirMach in my account

SHARED-1 hosting offer BF 2018 - $0 for existing clients or 67% off otherwise

Thanked by 1FAT32

@ZA_capetown said:
    hehe FAT32 - you got offered one as well!

...it was that free for 1 year : SSD256PLUS (upgraded to 384MB) voucher that VirMach gave us the other day here in this thread (you'll have to scroll up about 2 weeks?)

Oh ya... technically I have that but the recurring price is not 0 :sweat_smile: - I thought is the 2018 easter egg that gives recurring price of 0, quite sad that I missed it

@FrankZ said:
    SHARED-1 hosting offer BF 2018 - $0 for existing clients or 67% off otherwise

Ah that... I didn't ordered that because don't have a need for the shared hosting, and now cPanel has raised their price I wonder how they keep it free.

• It's Battlebots tonight !

• @scorcher9 said:

@randomq said: I am only deploying via scripted configuration and docker

(For the sake of learning) Do you mind sharing a bit more details?

A bit. :) Simple shell script to install my ssh public keys, os packages, docker, and join to the swarm. From there, deploy containers in the swarm and rsync volumes if needed for redundancy. (The service I'm developing is self-replicating though, so not necessary unless I want data already cached for testing.)

Thanked by 1scorcher9
  • Anyone using that shared hosting package? Thoughts?

• @randomq said: Anyone using that shared hosting package? Thoughts?

I use it for my parked domains, with a monitor. It was real good until a couple of months ago, had some problems for three weeks or so.
    That seems to have cleared up now.

Here is how it looks for today.

ny-w-shared-Virt-Mach-2.png
    ny-shared-Vir-Mach.png

Thanked by 1randomq
  • From the looks in RackNerd topic it seems that China gaveup waiting on VirMach flash sales and went with them already :D

Start the flash sale! :D