Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Double Server Bandwidth - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Double Server Bandwidth

Comments

• @ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

FYI, the double bandwidth on SYS won't happen soon due to technical reasons..

I'm really confuse.. apologies :/.

=> OVH Double bandwidth is coming this month though. All ranges.

ninzo

All ranges? Including Kimsufi??????

No, Kimsufi is another brand.

All OVH ranges: Infra, Enterprise, Storage, Game, Hosting..

Premium Customisable HG 2019 included?

HG 2019 have 1 Gbps, they are already doubled. Old HG (500mbps) will be doubled to 1 Gbps.

@MasonR said:

ninzo59 said: Not of my knowledge

So, " All OVH ranges* ", then?

Well @MasonR , OVH US is kinda seperated from OVH. So basically, I don't know if they are going to double anything. I just know what is planned for all other datacenters.

this is the most absurd thing i eard for sometime now....

see the chronology:

on day 5 of october of 2018

Ole's announce their new HG 2019 server's with 1Gbit uplink (note that this make all sense since it doesn't even have burst capacities)

on day 9 of october of 2018

Ole's announce the double banwith in all ranges....

and now you guys are saying the HG 2019 range is doubled already? who do you guys want to foul?

Well, in fact when we released HG-2019 range, early october, it was released with 500 Mbps.

Then few days after, since we knew Oles was about to post on the double bandwidth, we decided to change it to 1 Gbps and this HG-2019 range became the first range which include the double bandwidth.

We didn't communicate on it and we should have done it.

ninzo

glad to finally ear that... i will drop all the instances i got ... non sense that a server like that will have same bw as eg and sp seriesa and even other servers that cost 60-100 eur

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

HG 2019 have 1 Gbps, they are already doubled. Old HG (500mbps) will be doubled to 1 Gbps.

@MasonR said:

Well @MasonR , OVH US is kinda seperated from OVH. So basically, I don't know if they are going to double anything. I just know what is planned for all other datacenters.

see the chronology:

Ole's announce their new HG 2019 server's with 1Gbit uplink (note that this make all sense since it doesn't even have burst capacities)

and now you guys are saying the HG 2019 range is doubled already? who do you guys want to foul?

Well, in fact when we released HG-2019 range, early october, it was released with 500 Mbps.

Then few days after, since we knew Oles was about to post on the double bandwidth, we decided to change it to 1 Gbps and this HG-2019 range became the first range which include the double bandwidth.

ninzo

glad to finally ear that... i will drop all the instances i got ... non sense that a server like that will have same bw as eg and sp seriesa and even other servers that cost 60-100 eur

HG will have higher bandwidth options though.

Adding the doubled bandwidth will make some changes in our extra bandwidth options (all ovh ranges except OVH US).

• @ninzo59 I, for once, am glad that this seems to be finally over and that we will get the double bandwidth by the end of the month.

Are you at liberty of telling what is going to happen to the double bandwidth options, given that the 500mbit/s will effectively get the premium bandwidth package for free?

• @sgheghele said:
    @ninzo59 I, for once, am glad that this seems to be finally over and that we will get the double bandwidth by the end of the month.

Are you at liberty of telling what is going to happen to the double bandwidth options, given that the 500mbit/s will effectively get the premium bandwidth package for free?

After reading all this mess what has been going on with double BW, I would not hold my breath that it will happen by the end of month.

• @ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

@MasonR said:

see the chronology:

ninzo

HG will have higher bandwidth options though.

Adding the doubled bandwidth will make some changes in our extra bandwidth options (all ovh ranges except OVH US).

Including SGP?

• Thanked by 3dedimark Letzien Vlado
  • Thanked by 1Vlado
  • ???

Thanked by 2eol roshan91
  • @Hd89 said:
    ???

This.

• JabroniJabroni Member
    edited February 2019

Seems they started doing some changes.. on my panel I see (STOR Server in GRA2)

Bandwidth OVH/OVH 500 Mbps
    Outgoing bandwidth 1 Gbps
    Incoming bandwidth 500 Mbps

Wondering if the three fields all would be 1 Gbps by the end of the month

Thanked by 2eol twiigl
  • karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited February 2019

Well i got this ( its a HOST-LE Server )

Thanked by 1eol
  • SP-20-LE in RBX, just gotten 1Gbps in all fields (OVH to OVH, Incoming, and Outcoming).

Thanked by 1eol
  • 1 Gbps bandwidth (burst 1 Gbps ) unlimited

• Not yet for SP-64 in GRA1.

• @Jabroni said:
    Seems they started doing some changes.. on my panel I see (STOR Server in GRA2)

Wondering if the three fields all would be 1 Gbps by the end of the month

Showing the same on my STOR-48T server in CA purchased last year during a sale.

• My server sp32 say 1gbps outgoing, but still limited to 500mbps lool, it's just burst....not really upgrade

• @hammad said:
    Well i got this ( its a HOST-LE Server )

Exactly same entries on mine.

@Hd89 said:
    My server sp32 say 1gbps outgoing, but still limited to 500mbps lool, it's just burst....not really upgrade

Even if you see 1 Gbps in your panel, doesn't mean its 100% effective for now for your server. Indeed, we have robot applying the change step by step on all the servers.

• I contacted OVH support via phone.. and they told me it's only the HOSTING/ENTERPRISE/GAME Plans doubling now.

Thanked by 1eol
  • Nothing yet on Enterprise SP-64 - 64G

• So my DO-32 isn't getting 1Gbit?

Still getting the same:

• @GravityMan said:
    So my DO-32 isn't getting 1Gbit?

Still getting the same:

OVH UK selling it as 1Gbps as per website.

• @TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

No NVME though. I have one of the original NVME offerings from ovh.ie in Germany with dual 500GB NVMEs. I might just let it go for an EX42 powerhouse.

• @GravityMan said:

@TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

No NVME though. I have one of the original NVME offerings from ovh.ie in Germany with dual 500GB NVMEs. I might just let it go for an EX42 powerhouse.

I just got the DO-32 for myself. Website says it is 1Gbps doesnt it? Double check that.

Now check the panel, this one's mine - Is this yet to be upgraded?

https://prnt.sc/mm6ylj

@GravityMan said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

I just got the DO-32 for myself. Website says it is 1Gbps doesnt it? Double check that.

Yeah that doesn’t look like it’s been upgraded. :neutral:

@GravityMan said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

@ninzo59 wrote above that the panel does not necessarily reflect the upgrade. One way to try this out is to disable burst through the APIs and see. Anyway, the upgrade is ongoing.

• I got 1gbps on my 4x STOR72 and they have it really, each servers using 600 - 700mbps right now.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @sgheghele said:

@GravityMan said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

@ninzo59 wrote above that the panel does not necessarily reflect the upgrade. One way to try this out is to disable burst through the APIs and see. Anyway, the upgrade is ongoing.

I see. How do I disable the burst?

• The> @TheDrunkenDribbler said:

@sgheghele said:

@GravityMan said:

@GravityMan said:

Still getting the same:

I see. How do I disable the burst?

Through the APIs at https://api.ovh.com (ca.api.ovh.com for those with OVH World). You make GET and PUT requests to https://api.ovh.com/console/#/dedicated/server/{serviceName}/burst#PUT with your server name to see and set burst status.

Thanked by 1uptime
    edited February 2019

@network33 said:
    I contacted OVH support via phone.. and they told me it's only the HOSTING/ENTERPRISE/GAME Plans doubling now.

Wrong, infrastructure range Double BW is coming early this week too.

Thanked by 2eol sgheghele