Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Double Server Bandwidth - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Double Server Bandwidth

Comments

• I just ordered SYS gameserver but got it with non-updated bandwidth. I guess have to wait :(

• @ninzo59 still waiting for january updates!! any upcoming news?

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@estimadarocha said:
    @ninzo59 still waiting for january updates!! any upcoming news?

Hello,

No fresh news, still on-going

• Any news about the upgrade??

• eoleol Member

3 months now...

• I don't know, so much time to configurated all network and hardware??

• eoleol Member

Not sure if they were serious.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

I have some SYS servers that get 1Gbps both ways and some that get 250Mbps. None that get 500Mbps, I'd say this depends more on luck.

• They say the 19 of this mouth is the limit time, but.....

• eoleol Member

Good luck with your time limit.

• @MikeA said:
    I have some SYS servers that get 1Gbps both ways and some that get 250Mbps. None that get 500Mbps, I'd say this depends more on luck.

Those SYS uncapped to 1G are just an error on OVH side. A happy error.

@Hd89 said:
    They say the 19 of this mouth is the limit time, but.....

Where did your read it’s the 19th?

• @ninzo59 you should pass this feedback to someone in charge... it's becoming anoying... we all understand that's impossible to make such update without a time windows... but i start to think that the date of announce was to prevent a massive migration to hetzner and maybe some other black friday promotions...

• @estimadarocha said:
    @ninzo59 you should pass this feedback to someone in charge... it's becoming anoying... we all understand that's impossible to make such update without a time windows... but i start to think that the date of announce was to prevent a massive migration to hetzner and maybe some other black friday promotions...

Or it's a simple joke from ovh, but it's rare, they support team know, they know there is an update on the network 😐

• My server can reach 1 Gbps if using ipv6 but if ipv4, then it limited at 250 mbps outbound. Inbound always 1Gbps.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Hd89 said:

But it already passed and most of us are still 500mbps

• @Jabroni said:

@Hd89 said:

Have you tried opening a ticket to ask? They may bump you up on request if you mention you ordered because of the tweet for example.

• They don't have any idea is this, I think it's was a bad joke from that twitter guy.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited January 2019

@Jabroni said:

@Hd89 said:

Not trying to defend them, they made the mistake of announcing this too early, maybe to cope with Hetzner. And I agree that it feels to be deceived. But I have never read anywhere that there was a deadline for the 19th of January. All it was written here on LET is that they have a soft internal deadline for the end of January.

I’m giving them the first two weeks of February before I move to a competitor.

@Hd89 said:
    They don't have any idea is this, I think it's was a bad joke from that twitter guy

First line support was not aware of this as you say, but then a “customer happiness manager” (whatever the actual title was) was very aware of the upgrade. They are not telling when. We only have what was reported here on LET.

So it’s not a joke. Just horrible organization and communication.

• In they bandwidth option they have still those three packages of network, if they upgrade to 1gbps what would do it whit this packages?

• OVH have poor customer service and sales. They also focus most on their French marketing, which makes no sense.

Best to move to better providers guys.

• But which provider has better network than OVH? No one...

• eoleol Member

AOL.

Thanked by 1graphic
  • @eol said:
    AOL.

What??

• eoleol Member

@Hd89 said:

@eol said:
    AOL.

What??

What what??

• vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2019

@eol said:

@Hd89 said:

@eol said:
    AOL.

What??

What what??

What "what what??" ?

Thanked by 1eol
  • eoleol Member

@vovler said:

@eol said:

@Hd89 said:

@eol said:
    AOL.

What??

What what??

What "what what??" ?

Yes.

• @Hd89 said:

@eol said:
    AOL.

What??

AOL. The best provider ever. Free Compact Disks for everyone.

Thanked by 1eol
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@graphic said:

@Hd89 said:

@eol said:
    AOL.

What??

AOL. The best provider ever. Free Compact Disks for everyone.

Did you know AOL still sells internet service?

• eoleol Member

Sure.
    AOL will never die!

• sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited January 2019

My account manager told me that they are going to take the upgrades really slow, and most likely even skip some models, especially the low-end ones, as they want to keep Seedboxes and Streaming sites out as they put a lot of load on the network. You will most likely see the upgrades hit the MG and EG models before all the other. So far they've only upgraded the HOST-series from 250Mbps to 500Mbps and are monitoring the increase in load, and all the new LE servers released also come with the Double Bandwidth already in place. I personally don't want the network to be touched or changed. If anything, they can offer 75% discount again on additional bandwidth for few months every year. They are overselling the network already, with streamers and seedbox'ers moving over to OVH, it will just ruin the latency around the world.

@estimadarocha said: you should pass this feedback to someone in charge... it's becoming anoying... we all understand that's impossible to make such update without a time windows... but i start to think that the date of announce was to prevent a massive migration to hetzner and maybe some other black friday promotions...

Ding! It was to grab some of the disgruntled Online.net clients.

@PolarNode said:

@Jabroni said:

@Hd89 said:

Have you tried opening a ticket to ask? They may bump you up on request if you mention you ordered because of the tweet for example.

Very unlikely they will help you. First line support has no bearing on how the datacenter operations are being carried out.

@Hd89 said:
    In they bandwidth option they have still those three packages of network, if they upgrade to 1gbps what would do it whit this packages?

That's one of the main things they are trying to figure out. Also people who have paid for additional bandwidth months and years in advance, I'm sure they'll be trying to figure out a way to get out of refunding them.

@Wizmap345 said:
    OVH have poor customer service and sales. They also focus most on their French marketing, which makes no sense.

Best to move to better providers guys.

You sure about that? They seem to be focused on the US market more than anything. Even the CEO relocated to Texas from what it seems.

@Hd89 said:
    But which provider has better network than OVH? No one...

Hetzner has a very comparable network at the same price. If you don't need flat rate traffic, you can check out i3D and some other NL providers. If you use your servers for streaming and such, maybe just buy from a real CDN?