Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Double Server Bandwidth - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Double Server Bandwidth

Comments

• @sunnyg
    all the new LE servers released also come with the Double Bandwidth already in place.

Both support (someone higher up in the chain, I really don’t remember their title) and @ninzo59 told me that my LE server will receive the upgrade to 1G.

Really a mess.

• I have a SP32, the new one, whit E3 1270v6, it's so good and fast, shame the 500mbps....

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@sgheghele said:

@sunnyg
    all the new LE servers released also come with the Double Bandwidth already in place.

Both support (someone higher up in the chain, I really don’t remember their title) and @ninzo59 told me that my LE server will receive the upgrade to 1G.

Really a mess.

The LE servers will be doubled (to 1 Gbps), they hadn't been released with the double bandwidth. This info is false.

About the comment on "low-entry" servers, except KS, they will be all concerned also.

The task is still on-going, it will a lot of time, I can only tell you to be patient.. it will come at some point for all of you.

ninzo

• OVH has a very bad connection, at least I've always had bad experiences with OVH

• ...and here come the hat3sh1ll5.

Thanked by 2eol sgheghele
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I’m hoping that OVH will get rid of the seed boxes and spammers. For the network to be used for true business, which is what they seem to be aiming the cloud products at, it needs to be solid, fast and reliable.

• nordmannnordmann Member
    edited January 2019

ninzo59 said: About the comment on "low-entry" servers, except KS, they will be all concerned also.

So even SyS ARM servers receiving 500mbit upload? ♥

• eoleol Member

@nordmann said:
    so SyS ARM servers receiving 500mbit upload? ♥

Yes.
    In 2034.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • nordmannnordmann Member
    edited January 2019

well, patience^^ still waiting to be online just in that exact micro-second when one gets "re-available" again, lol :smiley:

• @nordmann said:
    well, patience^^ still waiting to be online just in that exact micro-second when one gets "re-available" again, lol :smiley:

Are you using https://checkservers.ovh?

• yep, just not lasting very long if you dont see the mail & order immediately :tongue:

Hello,

FYI, the double bandwidth on SYS won't happen soon due to technical reasons..

I'm really confuse.. apologies :/.

=> OVH Double bandwidth is coming this month though. All ranges.

ninzo

• @ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

All ranges? Including Kimsufi??????

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

No, Kimsufi is another brand.

All OVH ranges: Infra, Enterprise, Storage, Game, Hosting..

• @ninzo59 I held on to a SYS server in hopes that they'd be getting this together. I would suggest, going forward, that you not announce changes until you have worked out the technical aspects and are ready to launch.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@jaypeesmith said:
    @ninzo59 I held on to a SYS server in hopes that they'd be getting this together. I would suggest, going forward, that you not announce changes until you have worked out the technical aspects and are ready to launch.

Don't shoot the messenger. Tweet the big Oles with your suggestion.

@ninzo59 - Is the B/W doubling also occurring for the US OVHcloud Bare-metal servers? E.g. the GAME-2 servers in Vint Hill, VA?

• @ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

Premium Customisable HG 2019 included?

• @MasonR said:

I'm not. As he is representing OVH on here, I'm offering this as a suggestion for him to take back to leadership. However, I see how it could have been interpreted that way.

Thanked by 1sgheghele

@MasonR said:

@jaypeesmith said:
    @ninzo59 I held on to a SYS server in hopes that they'd be getting this together. I would suggest, going forward, that you not announce changes until you have worked out the technical aspects and are ready to launch.

@ninzo59 - Is the B/W doubling also occurring for the US OVHcloud Bare-metal servers? E.g. the GAME-2 servers in Vint Hill, VA?

Not of my knowledge

@jaypeesmith said:

Mistake on our side, apologies. Won't happen again.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

ninzo59 said: Not of my knowledge

So, " All OVH ranges* ", then?

• Welp, this turned out to be a 4 month long trainwreck so far.

Thanked by 1eol
  • OVH is Going to degrade

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

First Online, now SYS, whats next? Hetzner?

• @Neoon said:

First Online, now SYS, whats next? Hetzner?

https://www.northdata.de/Hetzner+Online+GmbH,+Gunzenhausen/Amtsgericht+Ansbach+HRB+6089

149.000.000 € sales revenue in 2016, without credits like online.net and ovh

next is 10g unmetered :P

• it's will change ~ after 2-6 months,
    guys it's oles :hushed: > @LowVM said:

OVH is Going to degrade

New CEO.

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

HG 2019 have 1 Gbps, they are already doubled. Old HG (500mbps) will be doubled to 1 Gbps.

@MasonR said:

Well @MasonR , OVH US is kinda seperated from OVH. So basically, I don't know if they are going to double anything. I just know what is planned for all other datacenters.

• @ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

HG 2019 have 1 Gbps, they are already doubled. Old HG (500mbps) will be doubled to 1 Gbps.

@MasonR said:

Well @MasonR , OVH US is kinda seperated from OVH. So basically, I don't know if they are going to double anything. I just know what is planned for all other datacenters.

this is the most absurd thing i eard for sometime now....

see the chronology:

on day 5 of october of 2018

Ole's announce their new HG 2019 server's with 1Gbit uplink (note that this make all sense since it doesn't even have burst capacities)

on day 9 of october of 2018

Ole's announce the double banwith in all ranges....

and now you guys are saying the HG 2019 range is doubled already? who do you guys want to foul?

• OVH, my heart belongs now to Hetzner. But we can still have a pizza together with friends.

Thanked by 3eol dedimark SashkaPro

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@estimadarocha said:

@ninzo59 said:

@singhigh said:

@ninzo59 said:
    Hello,

ninzo

@MasonR said:

this is the most absurd thing i eard for sometime now....

see the chronology:

on day 5 of october of 2018

Ole's announce their new HG 2019 server's with 1Gbit uplink (note that this make all sense since it doesn't even have burst capacities)

on day 9 of october of 2018

Ole's announce the double banwith in all ranges....

and now you guys are saying the HG 2019 range is doubled already? who do you guys want to foul?

Well, in fact when we released HG-2019 range, early october, it was released with 500 Mbps.

Then few days after, since we knew Oles was about to post on the double bandwidth, we decided to change it to 1 Gbps and this HG-2019 range became the first range which include the double bandwidth.

We didn't communicate on it and we should have done it.

ninzo