Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic

Comments

• estimadarochaestimadarocha Member
    edited October 2018

root@Ubuntu-1804-bionic-64-minimal ~ # date && iperf -c iperf.ovh.net -P 5 -r

Sat Oct 6 09:59:06 CEST 2018

Server listening on TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 85.3 KByte (default)

Client connecting to iperf.ovh.net, TCP port 5001

TCP window size: 85.0 KByte (default)

[ 5] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 51336 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ 6] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 51328 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ 7] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 51330 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ 9] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 51334 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ 8] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 51332 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 5001
    [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
    [ 6] 0.0-10.0 sec 124 MBytes 104 Mbits/sec
    [ 7] 0.0-10.0 sec 123 MBytes 103 Mbits/sec
    [ 9] 0.0-10.0 sec 124 MBytes 103 Mbits/sec
    [ 5] 0.0-10.0 sec 124 MBytes 104 Mbits/sec
    [ 8] 0.0-10.0 sec 124 MBytes 103 Mbits/sec
    [SUM] 0.0-10.0 sec 618 MBytes 517 Mbits/sec
    [ 4] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 58488
    [ 5] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 58489
    [ 7] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 58491
    [ 6] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 58490
    [ 8] local 195.201.xx.xxxx port 5001 connected with 188.165.12.136 port 58492
    [ 8] 0.0-10.0 sec 134 MBytes 113 Mbits/sec
    [ 4] 0.0-10.0 sec 135 MBytes 113 Mbits/sec
    [ 5] 0.0-10.0 sec 134 MBytes 113 Mbits/sec
    [ 6] 0.0-10.0 sec 134 MBytes 112 Mbits/sec
    [ 7] 0.0-10.0 sec 135 MBytes 113 Mbits/sec

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited October 2018

@Yura said:

@user54321 said:

@Neoon said:

@Yura said:
    Who is the most concerned person about Hetzner's network business? Clouvider.

I'm not even surprised, Dom :smirk:

Hetzner is going to steal his costumers, hirhir.

seems like he lost already a lot, because he has so much time to reply in this thread

Nah, Dom doesn't compete with the likes of OVH and Heinz, Clouvider is in the league of it's own. And guess what? He fucking won over himself! Clouvider is the best Clouvider across all Clouviders according to independent research by Clouviders.

Honestly, I think his stuff is great, I'm just a cheapskate <3

I wouldn't host anything on Clouvider based on what he's typed in here. Hes probly an awesome host for those that have normal content such as portfolios or company websites. But assume you have a forum and someone posts DMCA content there, I'll imagine you either get instantly suspended or reported to authorities by him. Clouvider likes to follow all possible rules, dont be like Clouvider. Be like OVH or Hetzner who'll give you some buffer when it comes to handling abuse and allowed content.

Its like hosting with batman.. would you have your servers at the mercy of him who guards the world at night and is righteous to the limit.

Note that I have never hosted anything on Clouvider and the above is just how I'll imagine Dom based on what hes typed here.. So maybe he actually is a great host and im wrong, who knows..

• @dragon1993 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Personally I've not noticed any difference yet, but I guess it may only be a matter of time before the network gets congested

Try with wget

Did a bunch of tests to a few providers:
    Tele2 > 87.9MB/s
    Hetzner > 110mb/s
    MyIPv4 > 87.7MB/s
    Netcup > 111MB/s
    OVH > 22.3MB/s
    Online.net > 112MB/s
    Nocix > 26.8MB/s
    Digitalocean AMS2 > 96.4MB/s
    Digitalocean FRA > 108mb/s
    Vultr LON > 111MB/s
    Linode Frankfurt > 108MB/s

So I don't know what you're talking about - the speeds seem fine on anything but OVH and Nocix.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

stefeman said: I wouldn't host anything on Clouvider based on what he's typed in here. Hes probly an awesome host for those that have normal content such as portfolios or company websites. But assume you have a forum and someone posts DMCA content there, I'll imagine you either get instantly suspended or reported to authorities by him.

Yeah, if you host illegal shit, don't host it with us. We won't take the liability for you. This actually is one of the things that makes us a great host and guarantees our legitimate Clients that police won't come to bag and tag our racks for allowing criminal activity :).

We have plenty of very satisfied business and personal Customers.

Thanked by 2First-Root HostDoc
  • @Yura said:

That guy is everywhere like Jehovah's Witnesses, but with the wannabe cool "how do you do fellow kids" attitude. I would have to suffer brain damage to do any business with him.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Yura said: He fucking won over himself! Clouvider is the best Clouvider across all Clouviders according to independent research by Clouviders.

Damn, that was hilarious.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Clouvider said:
    Yeah, if you host illegal shit, don't host it with us.

Do you actually scrub the customer's data?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Cdoe said:

@Yura said:

That guy is everywhere like Jehovah's Witnesses,

Wait till you get on our re-marketing target list. There were screenshots on LET showing what it means :P

• @Prime404 said:

@dragon1993 said:

@Prime404 said:
    Personally I've not noticed any difference yet, but I guess it may only be a matter of time before the network gets congested

Try with wget

Tele2 > 87.9MB/s
    Hetzner > 110mb/s
    MyIPv4 > 87.7MB/s
    Netcup > 111MB/s
    OVH > 22.3MB/s
    Online.net > 112MB/s
    Nocix > 26.8MB/s
    Vultr LON > 111MB/s

So I don't know what you're talking about - the speeds seem fine on anything but OVH and Nocix.

I solved.
    I downgraded linux-image-4.15.0.36-generic to linux-image-4.15.0.34-generic, speed increased 40MB/s to 200MB/s from Leaseweb.

• @dragon1993 said:

@Prime404 said:

@dragon1993 said:

@Prime404 said:

Try with wget

Tele2 > 87.9MB/s
    Hetzner > 110mb/s
    MyIPv4 > 87.7MB/s
    Netcup > 111MB/s
    OVH > 22.3MB/s
    Online.net > 112MB/s
    Nocix > 26.8MB/s
    Vultr LON > 111MB/s

I solved.
    I downgraded linux-image-4.15.0.36-generic to linux-image-4.15.0.34-generic, speed increased 40MB/s to 200MB/s from Leaseweb.

so... you bitch about speed decrease 5x with no proof of network degradation with your vps; not even a dedicated server but at least you solved it later yourself. drama queen.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TimboJones said:

@realbusiness said:
    My download speeds are already shit! I only use around 1TB or so bandwidth so I am a net loser in this.

A CSV file, which is updated monthly, around 4gb in size, can download at Vultr etc at around 70-80MBps is now only 8MBps at Hetzner. Same Hetzner box was able to download at around 40-50MBps.

No such thing as unlimited!

Reverse this bullshit decision!

Why in the hell are you not compressing it?

That wouldn't change his download speed, i.e. the real problem. It would merely change the symptom of 1 task.

My guess is that the @Hetzner_OL people did do the math and checking before their change and do have the resources required. But there are always some quirks, forgotten configs, etc. when making a large scale change. I guess they'll just need a couple of days to tune and finetune their machinery.

• @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@realbusiness said:
    My download speeds are already shit! I only use around 1TB or so bandwidth so I am a net loser in this.

A CSV file, which is updated monthly, around 4gb in size, can download at Vultr etc at around 70-80MBps is now only 8MBps at Hetzner. Same Hetzner box was able to download at around 40-50MBps.

No such thing as unlimited!

Reverse this bullshit decision!

Why in the hell are you not compressing it?

That wouldn't change his download speed, i.e. the real problem. It would merely change the symptom of 1 task.

My guess is that the @Hetzner_OL people did do the math and checking before their change and do have the resources required. But there are always some quirks, forgotten configs, etc. when making a large scale change. I guess they'll just need a couple of days to tune and finetune their machinery.

It reduces his transfer time, which is actually what he wants when he's not in control of the network. It should have been done even when things were fast. Ignoring a super obvious and easy drastic improvement is silly. In the quoted post, that indicates it's external network congestion, which your advice is to do nothing and wait instead of making immediate improvement? Strange.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

It reduces his transfer time, which is actually what he wants when he's not in control of the network. It should have been done even when things were fast. Ignoring a super obvious and easy drastic improvement is silly. In the quoted post, that indicates it's external network congestion, which your advice is to do nothing and wait instead of making immediate improvement? Strange.

This thread is about @Hetzner_OL offering free 1Gb connectivity and in direct relation to that about (possibly temporary) bandwidth problems. @realbusiness' observation and remark was to show his experience and not to discuss what he does or how he does it.

• @jsg said:

@TimboJones said:

@jsg said:

This thread is about @Hetzner_OL offering free 1Gb connectivity and in direct relation to that about (possibly temporary) bandwidth problems. @realbusiness' observation and remark was to show his experience and not to discuss what he does or how he does it.

Nah. Guy was full of shit with nonsense wget. Would be glad when he leaves the hetzner network.

• Just tested on a 24€ server and it gets 500-800 to any location that I picked in Germany (speedtest-cli).

• I think bandwith in EU is now plentiful enough that Hetzner can offer unlimited without taking a hit there. Hetzner's transatlantic speed has always been much worse and that doesn't seem to have changed. Online.net has offered unlimited 1gbit for years and though they're screwed up now, I don't think that's the reason. OVH also has always offered unlimited, though at lower port speed on the cheaper servers.

• @willie said:
    I think bandwith in EU is now plentiful enough that Hetzner can offer unlimited without taking a hit there. Hetzner's transatlantic speed has always been much worse and that doesn't seem to have changed. Online.net has offered unlimited 1gbit for years and though they're screwed up now, I don't think that's the reason. OVH also has always offered unlimited, though at lower port speed on the cheaper servers.

root@y ~ # ./speedtest-cli --server 17610
    Hosted by T-Mobile (Bloomfield, CT) [6038.14 km]: 164.18 ms
    Download: 266.23 Mbit/s
    Upload: 134.12 Mbit/s

It looks alright to me overseas. Vultr is fast, too, comcast only 60, just your typical overseas connection.

• I asked Hetzner specifically about "using 330TB of bandwidth a month every month for years on many 20€ auction servers", to which they responded that full unmetered use is permitted.

Thanked by 2mtsbatalha Issam2204
  • @gol3m said:
    I asked Hetzner specifically about "using 330TB of bandwidth a month every month for years on many 20€ auction servers", to which they responded that full unmetered use is permitted.

Shut up and enjoy!

• @gol3m said:
    I asked Hetzner specifically about "using 330TB of bandwidth a month every month for years on many 20€ auction servers", to which they responded that full unmetered use is permitted.

Nothing is unlimited..

• @graphic said:

@gol3m said:

Nothing is unlimited..

"unmetered" is not "unlimited" (especially likely if someone is actually metering it).

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited October 2018

Dedicated Root Server
    does it comes with unlimited 1Gbit bw? so i can use like 300TB per month or so ?

Dear ****

Thank you for your request and interest in our products.

Yes, it has unlimited traffic.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Arno Pirner

Head of Product Advice / Sales

Hetzner Online GmbH
    Sigmundstrasse 135
    90431 Nürnberg
    Tel: +49 911 234 226-927
    Fax: +49 9831 505-3
    [email protected]
    www.hetzner.com

Register Court: Registergericht Ansbach, HRB 6089
    CEO: Martin Hetzner

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • Did Hetzner just completely wreck offline.net? > @graphic said:

@gol3m said:

Nothing is unlimited..

Idiot. No one claimed unlimited. Unmetered gigabit is by definition restricted to 330TB per month, or maybe 660TB, assuming it's a full duplex connection.

This thread is nothing but a whiny circle jerk of providers and angry customers who pay more elsewhere. Hurr durr I'm clouvider and sell shit for the price of gold and hate everyone who offers better value than me. Alright buddy take your pills.

Thanked by 3rm_ CConner dahartigan
  • @xrz said:

Dedicated Root Server
    does it comes with unlimited 1Gbit bw? so i can use like 300TB per month or so ?

Dear ****

Kind regards

Arno Pirner

Hetzner Online GmbH
    Sigmundstrasse 135
    90431 Nürnberg
    [email protected]
    www.hetzner.com

How about testing it?

• @graphic said:

@xrz said:

Dedicated Root Server

Dear ****

Kind regards

Arno Pirner

Hetzner Online GmbH
    Sigmundstrasse 135
    90431 Nürnberg
    [email protected]
    www.hetzner.com

How about testing it?

Yeah why don't you test it, if you don't believe the very clear inquiries made by others, instead of making a fool of yourself?

• @torrbox said:
    This thread is nothing but a whiny circle jerk of providers and angry customers who pay more elsewhere. Hurr durr I'm clouvider and sell shit for the price of gold and hate everyone who offers better value than me. Alright buddy take your pills.

How are you still not banned?

• @torrbox said:
    Did Hetzner just completely wreck offline.net? > @graphic said:

@gol3m said:

Nothing is unlimited..

Idiot. No one claimed unlimited. Unmetered gigabit is by definition restricted to 330TB per month, or maybe 660TB, assuming it's a full duplex connection.

So the german page say unlimited, why am i the idiot?

• @torrbox said:

@graphic said:

@xrz said:

Dedicated Root Server

Dear ****

Kind regards

Arno Pirner

Hetzner Online GmbH
    Sigmundstrasse 135
    90431 Nürnberg
    [email protected]
    www.hetzner.com

How about testing it?

Yeah why don't you test it, if you don't believe the very clear inquiries made by others, instead of making a fool of yourself?

Wow, a lot negative energy in this thread.

• @graphic said:

@torrbox said:
    Did Hetzner just completely wreck offline.net? > @graphic said:

@gol3m said:

Nothing is unlimited..

So the german page say unlimited, why am i the idiot?

It says unlimited gigabit connection, which is as clear as it can be. Stop whining already.

@lion you are saying people aren't complaining needlessly after it has been confirmed multiple times that you can use the gigabit connection to the fullest extent 24/7? Open your eyes, dude.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh on several fronts.