Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic

Comments

• @Tripleflix said:
    Yes, this is true, yesterday i had a 20TB cap on my server, today i have not... Which is pretty nice :)

Where would you see such a cap? Can't find any mention of traffic in the Hetzner panel

• @Shot2 said:

@Tripleflix said:
    Yes, this is true, yesterday i had a 20TB cap on my server, today i have not... Which is pretty nice :)

Where would you see such a cap? Can't find any mention of traffic in the Hetzner panel

The hoover over as Falzo showed. it did show a 20TB cap first.

• @Tripleflix said:
    The hoover over as Falzo showed. it did show a 20TB cap first.

Proof or didn't happen.

• @Hetzner_OL can you confirm this?

• I had a tab open from yesterday so took a screenshot from that tab and one from a new tab today.
    https://imgur.com/a/iFBDxle

• I just ordered a server in case that this is true.

• Its true for both of my EX servers.

• This also true for SB27 server, so it seems like they do offer this for all dedis now.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Noone actually confirmed what they offer.

• Im so fucking going to abuse this port to the fullest. Thanks Hetzner.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I do not even care. 10 Gb/s with "only" 30 TB? How terrible! What's next? Soon Hetzner will ask money for the champagne that comes with the free kaviar.

A 1 Gb/s link lets you transfer about 360 TB. So if you need massive bandwidth, chose a server with 1Gb/s.

If on the other hand you really need a 10 Gb/port you typically either want to transfer those 200, 300, or 350 TB much faster or you want transfer way more than 360 TB - in either case you should pay for that.

IMO complaining about that is like whining "Hetzner, those evil guys, demand money for their servers!!!"

Thanked by 2that_guy lurkem
  • lets see how long it takes till they revert back. who will be the black sheep.

• I wonder how they will kick out all the seedboxes pushing heavy traffic (100TB+)

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Poor Matthias. Gets to deal with us vile deplorables. @Hetzner_OL give that man a raise! ;)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@mosan7763 said:
    lets see how long it takes till they revert back. who will be the black sheep.

They might not - Hetzner is already know from less than perfect network, I bet you’re going to see more of the same, or even more saturation, effectively making this an up to, non guaranteed, 1G link that’s bound to be saturated most of the time.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hopefully they prepared everything well, or they end up like OVH in 2010.
    Where everything was congested as fuck.

Thanked by 3Clouvider NateN34 bjo
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

It's very odd that 10G servers have 20TB limit.

Same as their BGP requirement - redundant 1g link - 200EUR/m + 300EUR setup + another 500EUR for some cabling, when in reality it should be free.

• HadrielHadriel Member
    edited October 2018

Its weird, I had ordered a server this AM, about 6 hours ago, from serverbidding before I read this thread, and it hasn't been delivered yet. Hopefully I just lucked into this, but wondering if provisioning is slower/busy right now.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Clouvider said:
    They might not - Hetzner is already know from less than perfect network, I bet you’re going to see more of the same, or even more saturation, effectively making this an up to, non guaranteed, 1G link that’s bound to be saturated most of the time.

My first thought also was "What kind of bandwidth?". But hey, put a big "Free!" sticker on something and most people won't ask questions.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited October 2018

So can i use like 300TB per month for no other payment ? :D

okay lets try find out :D

Hmm why such slow speed from OVH???? 10Gbit speed test OVH file and maxing out only 7.14MB/s meanwhile from hetzner it is 110MB/s lol xD

• Hetzner offer old servers for expensive price, while OVH has cheaper price and better servers. I dont know how unlimited that would be, but i know there still limits, when i have experiance with hetzner in past.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@HostCrypto said:
    Hetzner offer old servers for expensive price, while OVH has cheaper price and better servers. I dont know how unlimited that would be, but i know there still limits, when i have experiance with hetzner in past.

• atleast in the current state they have one of the best networks of the german hosts, and they will get roasted in their forum if this goes south.
    So lets see how it will go, if they can deliver 1gbit unmetered for everybody, while don't suffer at network quality this will be a win for customers, while it will put pressure on competitors.

@Hetzner_OL thank you and lets hope for the best :smile:

• Fu**, time to move all ilding servers from online to hetzner lol.

Thanked by 1CyberMonday
  • I had actually used about 40TB in and out in two of my services for a total of 80, so I was surprised that I didn't get any nasty grams about traffic. Guess that explains it! I'll take it!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • edited October 2018

No more traffic limits for your servers
    4 hours ago

NEW
    Dear Clients

We are pleased to inform you that we have permanently removed the traffic
    limitation for all Dedicated Root and Managed Servers with 1G Uplink. This
    means that outgoing traffic is now unlimited and free of charge.
    Therefore, we will no longer throttle the connection if you have higher
    levels of traffic.

In the past, if you permanently wanted to exceed the traffic
    limit on your server, you could pay an extra fee for each additional
    terabyte of traffic you used. But now this is not necessary.
    We will no longer invoice you for using more traffic.

Kind regards

Ramona Wißmüller
    Hetzner Online GmbH

• TomTom Member

@victorchacon88 where was that posted?