Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Dedicated Servers now with real unlimited traffic

Comments

• xrzxrz Member

confirmed unlimited ;)

• guess this is a good time for me to move some or all services away from russia.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2018

Damn. Now I have all you bandwidth burners on "my" network. Bummer. I highly preferred the dregs staying at OVH & Co.

I sincerely hope that Hetzner know what they are doing and what kind of clientele they are attracting...

• In this special case we will permanently restrict the connection speed if more than 50 TB/month are used (the basis for calculation is for outgoing traffic only. Incoming and internal traffic is not calculated). Optionally, the limit can be permanently cancelled by committing to pay € 1.00 per additional TB used.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited October 2018

@realbusiness i see only unlimited, and asked support if can be allowed to use 300TB per month :D said okey :D

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

Traffic:

All dedicated servers have a dedicated 1 Gbit uplink.

All dedicated servers have unlimited traffic. For AX10/AX20/AX30 and CX servers there is a different calculation, which can be seen in the table below.

soooooooo

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • lurkemlurkem Member
    edited October 2018

it looks like DTAG traffic is now also routed directly over core-backbone without paying for the https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Double_Paid_Traffic o.0

sorry, wrong tab

• I am also quite concerned. About people using the network heavily. I hope I don't have to move a third time.

• All though, I probably should have gotten vps closer to Canada in the first place. I don't have time to migrate now unfortunately.

• To> @victorchacon88 said:

I can't seem to view this. I do hope it's 50TB and not 300.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

vimalware said: I do hope it's 50TB

Why would it be 50? Do you use 10 Gbit servers?

• @vimalware said:
    To> @victorchacon88 said:

I can't seem to view this. I do hope it's 50TB and not 300.

there is no information about the 10gig limit in that thread, just the announcement as translated above and a confirmation that vSwitches will keep a traffic limit.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    Damn. Now I have all you bandwidth burners on "my" network. Bummer. I highly preferred the dregs staying at OVH & Co.

I sincerely hope that Hetzner know what they are doing and what kind of clientele they are attracting...

There are many ways to ‘manage’ unmetered traffic to fit in the budget ;-). None of those will be particularly liked.m by the bandwidth burners.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • My download speeds are already shit! I only use around 1TB or so bandwidth so I am a net loser in this.

A CSV file, which is updated monthly, around 4gb in size, can download at Vultr etc at around 70-80MBps is now only 8MBps at Hetzner. Same Hetzner box was able to download at around 40-50MBps.

No such thing as unlimited!

Reverse this bullshit decision!

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

realbusiness said: My download speeds are already shit!

I've re-checked with iperf3 against DE an NL locations, I'm not experiencing issues so far

• It's fun to try to find the real limit of "unlimited" things.

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • My own personal opinion the change is for the worst, the reasoning for my opinion are removing the 20TB limit is only going to benefit the very small percentage of user the ones that are looking for servers to pump out tb's of data for peanuts e.g seedboxs etc.

Personally I think the 20TB is fair as most client usage would be within it and it deterrers the bandwidth burners.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Few will ruin it for all.

• @deank said:

Another sign that "The end is nigh" ;-)

• xrzxrz Member
    edited October 2018

deank said: Few will ruin it for all.

They just want to get some money as a lot and i said a LOT will or already jumped from online (offline.net :D ) to hetzner xD

great strategy ;) and it works :P

• i finally switched from sys to hetzner 3 weeks ago, cause the speeds to DTAG are ok now or i have a good DC, and now this. raising the limits by like 10TB would be fine - but unlimited? wtf?

speeds are still fine, but not many have switched yet (auction prices are still low as kind of indicator)

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • @donli said:
    It's fun to try to find the real limit of "unlimited" things.

Thanked by 3Amitz jar MichaelCee
  • @beagle said:

@deank said:

Holy shit, this Jehovah's Witness shit is getting annoying.

Thanked by 1pxhaxor
  • @realbusiness said:
    My download speeds are already shit! I only use around 1TB or so bandwidth so I am a net loser in this.

A CSV file, which is updated monthly, around 4gb in size, can download at Vultr etc at around 70-80MBps is now only 8MBps at Hetzner. Same Hetzner box was able to download at around 40-50MBps.

Why in the hell are you not compressing it?

• @TimboJones said:

@beagle said:

@deank said:

Holy shit, this Jehovah's Witness shit is getting annoying.

THE END IS NIGH

Thanked by 1beagle
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited October 2018

donli said: It's fun to try to find the real limit of "unlimited" things.

those linux ISOs won't seed themselves ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Falzo said: vSwitches will keep a traffic limit.

as someone noted, an increase in bw on vSwitches would have been welcomed and favored by the "good" bw burners; in my view a bigger improvement would have been either allowing users to shift some bw from the root server(s) to the vSwitch (and maybe make vSwitch interoperable with the CX series as well), or increasing the free vSwitch (public) traffic to something something 30TB (assuming the customer has at least two servers + public subnet)

It's not realistic to expect a bunch of people suddenly pushing 320TB/monat.. or is it? ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡°)

Hopefully @Hetzner_OL will chime in eventually to reassure us that everything has been Germanly prepared

• @TimboJones said:

@realbusiness said:
    My download speeds are already shit! I only use around 1TB or so bandwidth so I am a net loser in this.

Why in the hell are you not compressing it?

Asking the real questions.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • Every host pays for data at the end of the day at a cost. They capitalize on customers who will not use a lot of data and balance that with the high costs who do need it in bursts. If you do end up using a lot of data regularly, well, most hosts will do something about it.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

@huntercop said:
    Every host pays for data at the end of the day at a cost. They capitalize on customers who will not use a lot of data and balance that with the high costs who do need it in bursts. If you do end up using a lot of data regularly, well, most hosts will do something about it.

Yep. Especially that the cheapest traffic via IX, say via LINX, would cost them more than they charge for some servers, if fully used, I'm not even mentioning transit.

• @huntercop said:
    If you do end up using a lot of data regularly, well, most hosts will do something about it.

It's pretty normal for businesses to offer unsustainable deals. I highly doubt your bank booted you for using the free account without giving back, nor did your supermarket ban you for taking the $1 turkey and buying the stuffing elsewhere.

Just ask Hetzner in advance whether they are cool with you pushing 300TB of files through your 20€ server every month ("even if I order 100 of them??"), and if they say yes, enjoy the ride.

It's part of their business plan and not yours to worry about. :)