Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta] - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Server down [Atlanta]

Comments

• edited August 2018

@fusion said:

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    Contact Atlanta tv stations and the Georgia attorney General if you are alleging fraud aided by the datacenter lease owner in their state

Has anyone attempted the Attorney General option?

Reading their website, it seems like it might be a good option if it were undertaken in a coordinated fashion (i.e. many affected consumers vs one company).

I did not even consider it. If someone has lost a lump sum of money - that is a different story, but for anything as small as my loss (and I am assuming the max loss people got is under $200-$300) - definitely not worth it.

• In case others might find it worth it:

http://ocp.ga.gov/consumer-services/filing-a-complaint

and here is the form

http://ocp.ga.gov/form/consumer-complaint/step1

I recognize some may find it to time consuming to read one web page and fill out a form online. But perhaps it may be use to some of you. it appears many people lost services they paid for, so perhaps it may help. I fortunately am not a delimiter customer as they couldn't master the fine art of turning on my server or sending a status email after I paid for it (so I disputed a long long time ago and got refunded).

• @huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@huntercop said:

@AlyssaD said:

@corbpie said:

@DeftNerd said:
    Delimiter changed their TOS to reflect that there is no warranty for their services. This probably allows them to fight paypal chargebacks for weeks of downtime.

There is no way, no way you can defend taking money and not delivering on what the customer gave you that money for.

You would be surprised.

Have you heard of Apple?

Huh, what does this have to do with Apple? I mean seriously, fuck off. You are just trying to play a lame game of "Windows is better than Apple." or some other bs at this point. Need for browny points much?

Apple has a long-standing reputation is severe product defects they don't honor under warranty. This is coming from an Apple fan, I will own up to the fact they do this a lot, especially on iPhones. I have yet to see a large enough class action suit come against them.

This isn't the same.

Apple didn't take a product or service away from someone, like what is going on in this thread.

Apple didn't have a defective product that they just turned off so you couldn't use it at all.

Apple didn't up and have over a month downtime with a service, and not offer compensation.

You are comparing an Apple to a fucking rat.

You sir have not been using Apple at all, or very long. :)
    Considering you compared it to a fucking rat, well... I present to you THE RAT

No, you are wrong. You just are just being idiotic. I have done plenty of things, and gotten warranty taken care of by Apple. Maybe you should treat your devices better.

-- Sent from my iPhone

• @t0ny0 said:

@fusion said:

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    Contact Atlanta tv stations and the Georgia attorney General if you are alleging fraud aided by the datacenter lease owner in their state

Has anyone attempted the Attorney General option?

Reading their website, it seems like it might be a good option if it were undertaken in a coordinated fashion (i.e. many affected consumers vs one company).

I did not even consider it. If someone has lost a lump sum of money - that is a different story, but for anything as small as my loss (and I am assuming the max loss people got is under $200-$300) - definitely not worth it.

Sure, the value to some might not be worth it, however, I think thats irrelevant to some degree.

I'm more concerned about their business practices. For example not communicating with customers still affected and not offering any form of remediation or compensation.

What it looks like from our point of view is that they have decided to simply make no further attempt at remediation and hope we get tired of asking. Any business owner in the same situation with a conscious would lose sleep over this and would want to keep their customers informed.

They've made a conscious decision not to communicate and essentially go into hiding, without offering compensation/remediation on a service that was prepaid and has affected many customers; those are good enough reasons to raise a complaint in my eyes.

Just because they're a budget provider doesn't absolve them of the law and their responsibility to their paying customers.

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • thanks to those who responded. Appreciate it!

• They just sent out a sales email... WTF

• Guys, at this point we should start preparing a class action lawsuit, as well as a petition to the DC landlord to terminate their lease for fraudulent activities.

• edited August 2018

Look at these pieces of shit

....it won’t let me copy paste the email lol.

Thanked by 1Foul
  • edited August 2018
    Thanked by 1Foul
  • imokimok Member
    edited August 2018

You don't have a complaint mechanism for companies like these in the US?

In my country we fill a complaint with the company, if we are not satisfied we elevate the complaint to a regulator and they impose the corrective measures.

• @imok see my post above. If people read one single page they can find out how to ask the attorney General for help. It probably is more productive than those saying class action. Let real government lawyers help

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited August 2018

The thing is that crying for a lawsuit "sounds" more powerful than actually taking an action. Takes far less efforts as well.

Less dangerous also because I am sure some of keyboard warriors may die if they are exposed to direct sunlight for too long.

• So here's a funny story.

Short version: I'm up now! WTF??? Different hardware! Double the specs of the old stuff! No this is not a joke.

Long version: After I got the sales email today, just like PcJamesy and probably the rest of us, I replied with the obvious sarcastic email about how can you guys send out sales emails when you can't even provide what I pay for etc etc.

And to my surprise, sales responded! Of course it was the usual "If you have a problem please submit a support ticket." And after explaining that got tired of submitting tickets A MONTH AGO the sales guy says I should ask them for an update because he can't really help with technical problems.

So I did. And the response was something like "Yeah, looks like your hardware was replaced on 6/11 but I can't reach your IP or the IPMI IP. I'll upgrade your hardware and re provision the server if you like or if you really need your old data I can try to find the disks and see if we can get your old hardware going."

So I now have a dual L5630. Hope it stays until my contract is up.

• @NealS said:
    or if you really need your old data I can try to find the disks and see if we can get your old hardware going."

Hilarious. "Eh, we'll try to look for your disks. Not sure where they went. HEY TONY. TONY. DID YOU SEE SERVER 0402's DISK DRIVES? NO? Hmmph."

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @daxterfellowes said:

@NealS said:
    or if you really need your old data I can try to find the disks and see if we can get your old hardware going."

Hilarious. "Eh, we'll try to look for your disks. Not sure where they went. HEY TONY. TONY. DID YOU SEE SERVER 0402's DISK DRIVES? NO? Hmmph."

They should change the name to Abott & Costello Hosting.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Has anyone got the money back using a paypal dispute?

• @Twickbot said:
    Has anyone got the money back using a paypal dispute?

Not me. Lost the dispute, opened another one - lost it again. Not sure wtf is PayPal thinking, but am assuming they (PayPal) do not want to lose money.

• @Twickbot said:
    Has anyone got the money back using a paypal dispute?

I did but that was back in June

• rdesrdes Member
    edited August 2018

My friend also can't got his money back (about ~150$), last response from paypal was that although the service does not work, he should contact the delimiter about that not paypal ;).

He replied to them that delimiter is even blocked his account after he made a dispute, they not responding to contact form etc so there's no way to contact them, but paypal is not answering from week. Their telephone support is useless - you listen 15 minutes of music waiting for someone to pickup, and then their only response is that you should write an email ;).

But ultimately I think it's useful (but expensive) lesson.. in such cases always pay directly via credit card, not with paypal/paypal debit so you will be able to made chargeback via your bank, which should be more friendly to client than paypal folks...

• @rdes said:
    My friend also can't got his money back (about ~150$), last response from paypal was that although the service does not work, he should contact the delimiter about that not paypal ;).

He replied to them that delimiter is even blocked his account after he made a dispute but paypal is not answering. Telephone support is useless - 15 minutes of music, and their only response is that you should write an email ;).

But I think is useful (but expensive) lesson - in such cases always pay directly via credit card, not with paypal/paypal debit so you will be able to made chargeback via your bank, which should be more professional than paypal folks...

I think PP is not refunding my order, because I used PP Credit to pay for it. Hence - I can not chargeback, as its all theirs. Lesson learned! :-) I just really hope that nobody else goes through this crap with delimiter. I knew the risks when I got the server, and knew how it might/will end.

• Any news about Delimiter?

• @Twickbot said:
    Any news about Delimiter?

Garbage, stay away.

• Delimiter won't help me because I opened the ticket on the new panel but the server is still on the old panel. They told me to close my current ticket and open another ticket with a server selected. Though the original post said the server is still in the old panel. I tried replying back again saying its in the old panel but no luck. Sales doesn't response back to the request to move the server from the old panel.

The last ticket I opened in the old panel I was told to not do that anymore and use the new panel to request support and to request the server to be moved as they don't monitor that panel anymore.

I find it odd though my account is still active even after the last paypal charge back delimiter forced me to do. (Had to charge back an auto payment for a service that was marked for cancel. The billing panel took the payment, activated the service again, then support canceled it and didn't apply the money as credit or anything.)

• @Twickbot said:
    Any news about Delimiter?

Yes. 2 Servers down since over 100 days and no resolutions yet.

• You won't get a resolution.

• People should complain to the AG. Thanks @OmgpleaseRead for reminding us.

I filed a BBB complaint, which they ignored. They a terrible, unprofessional, scammy company.

Most likely they just sold off all the servers we paid for and ran for hills. They've surely imploded.

• @AlyssaD said:
    No, you are wrong. You just are just being idiotic. I have done plenty of things, and gotten warranty taken care of by Apple. Maybe you should treat your devices better.

This is bullshit. In fact, from 2008~2013, Apple had more notebooks die from misdesign than any other single manufacturer. Poorly setup GPUs (which the customer got fucked on because if you can't see it, you can't warranty it), inappropriate capacitors which delaminated from the board, killing charging and battery logic, NVidia's own GPU issues outside of Apple, et al.

Long story short, unless held to it legally, Apple loves to pawn it off on the user. Don't forget the iPhones that bent in your pocket, the "personality lines" cracking cases, Megahertz myth, et al.

Either admit that you like the koolaid, or get a better argument.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Wtf are you talking about

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@Clouvider said:
    Wtf are you talking about

He is basically saying, "The end is nigh."

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@CyberMonday I've missed you @WSS :smile: